Romney gives up in two swing states

If you make up your mind because of a slogan or ad, you're insane

I will be curious to see the ongoing poll #'s to see if this really has an effect in either state
You've got to be joking. I bet a huge number of people vote based on campaign ads they see on television. Maybe not as many as in the past, but still a huge number.

Mitten gave up on his home state. That's hysterical. :)

Doesn't he need every swing state in order to win? :confused:

No

.. he can lose even 1 like OH and still win

And PA is not and has not really been a swing state.. it has been ~7% advantage to Obama for a while.... and Mich just got transition back to a swing state from being listed as leaning Obama... so I am curious as to why ads would be pulled there.. .but who knows

From your own source"

"It is still possible for groups to purchase TV advertising in either state at a later date."

Never thought of that did you, dipshit.

I will be curious to see the ongoing poll #'s to see if this really has an effect in either state
You've got to be joking. I bet a huge number of people vote based on campaign ads they see on television. Maybe not as many as in the past, but still a huge number.

And they are either stupid or insane... Slogan, smear, etc... the typical ad.... and the typical moron that gets swayed by them

If you're not looking in to the issues, I fully believe that it is insane that you are voting

"Talking Points Memo (or TPM) is a web-based political journalism organization created and run by Josh Marshall, a liberal journalist and historian."

The Romney campaign and conservative groups like Crossroads GPS have pulled TV ads in Michigan, Romney’s home state, according to the Detroit News.

Nor are the campaign and super PACs running advertising in Pennsylvania, after unleashing a barrage there over the past five months.

Romney, GOP Groups Pull Ads From Michigan and Pennsylvania | TPM2012

Michigan and Ohio will be tough for Romney as people are really beginning to realize how many jobs were saved by the auto bailouts. The bailouts had a much bigger impact than just saving the jobs in the auto industry and people do understand this. On top of that, Ohio's unemployment rate is down around 7%, much better than the national average. While Ohio is still very much in play, I think that will change the closer we get to election day.

Is that why they're pulling their ads from Michigan and Pennsylvania? Because they don't believe that smart people make their judgement on Madison Avenue soundbites? Or is it because they now see it as dumping money down a rathole?

If slogans or ads don't matter, there's a hell of a lot of empty air on TV and radio. Have you seen the Clorox commercials where they try to sell bleach because a toddler shits in the bathtub?

The good news is that it gives Obama an advantage of going on the offense in other close states.

Romney hasn't pulled any advertising. One PAC has pulled it's advertising to concentrate on other states. Romney doesn't need to pull any advertising because he does not have to allocate his advertising dollars. He has 300 million dollars to spend in the next 5-6 weeks. As one democrat pointed out, it doesn't matter how much money Romney now has because he can't possibly spend it all in the time left.

Conservatives for Mitt Romney pull ads off TV in Michigan, Pennsylvania | MLive.com

Here's what's curious. obama is advertising heavily in states where he should have a comfortable lead. That he finds it necessary to allocate his precious and few advertising dollars means that he really doesn't feel the comfortable. These states are already pro obama, letting him waste his money, then come in with a deluge at the end could be a shrewd move.

I believe as people begin to seriously consider what a Romney-Ryan administration would mean for their future, the gap in the swing states will widen in the President's favor.

Doesn't he need every swing state in order to win? :confused:

He needed ithe following in the easiest path to a Romney Victory.

FL, OH, NC, VA.

Pa and Michigan were only swing states in so far as Obama not having a mortal lock in those states. Now our president can martial his pennies and nickles in states that are still up for grabs. The governor has been circling the drain for some time. Now it's just going faster.

And they are either stupid or insane... Slogan, smear, etc... the typical ad.... and the typical moron that gets swayed by them

If you're not looking in to the issues, I fully believe that it is insane that you are voting
I would bet a majority of Americans would fall in to the "uninformed voter" catagory, only knowing what they see in tv ads and hear on the nightly news.

Forum List

Back