Romney gets another key endorsement

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
This guy is unstoppable. Repubs must be happy :)

Des Moines Register backs Mitt Romney for GOP nomination | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
The Des Moines Register officially endorsed Mitt Romney's bid for the Republican presidential nomination Saturday, handing the former Massachusetts governor an influential show of support ahead of January's Iowa caucuses.
In backing Romney, the paper's editorial board praised the candidate's "sobriety, wisdom and judgment" and said he offers the best qualities and experience of anyone in the Republican field.

sounds like code for "he aint zaney :cuckoo: " like Newt ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
The positive thing about Romney is that at least he is not part of the Washington establishment.

The positive thing about Romney is that at least he is not part of the Washington establishment.

LOL you must be kidding right. He is another branch of the wall street establishment in washington.

Lets see here is a guy that made millions by buying companies, entrenching them with debt and slashing production costs untill its an inferior product, and then selling the 'highly profitable, doomed companies' to 401k investors.

If that is not part of the establishment then what is?

Des Moines Register backs Mitt Romney for GOP nomination | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
The Des Moines Register officially endorsed Mitt Romney's bid for the Republican presidential nomination Saturday, handing the former Massachusetts governor an influential show of support ahead of January's Iowa caucuses.
In backing Romney, the paper's editorial board praised the candidate's "sobriety, wisdom and judgment" and said he offers the best qualities and experience of anyone in the Republican field.

Just one more purchase by the GOP establishment for their lap dog Romney.

Big deal; the political scene is way different now and I dont think most GOP rank and file give a poop about what party establishment sock pupets think about who should get the nomination.

They will pick their own guy anyway. The days of the GOP inside the Beltway back room deals determining who the nominee will be are over.

Big deal; the political scene is way different now and I dont think most GOP rank and file give a poop about what party establishment sock pupets think about who should get the nomination.

They will pick their own guy anyway. The days of the GOP inside the Beltway back room deals determining who the nominee will be are over.

Who are you favoring?

The guy thinks he's wearing magic underpants, he's going to rule his own planet in the afterlife, and that Jesus was riding around on an Elephant somewhere in America...

"Zany" doesn't begin to cover it.

But :eusa_shhh: we aren't supposed to talk about that until AFTER he gets the nomination.

The GOP establishment is determined to force Romney on the rank and file, and I really don't think beating Obama is anything more than a secondary consideration to them at this point. I think it's about dominance. The Establishment republicans are determined to not let the TEA Partiers take over, and if they have to throw some elections to do it, so be it.

It's the kind of thinking that kept the GOP in the minority for 40 years until Newt came along, and got us thrown back into it in 2006.

Who are you favoring?

In order of preference: Paul, Perry, Gingrich, Romney. Bachman has revealed herself to be unbalanced and petty, IMO, and Santorum just doesnt have the gravitas (he sounds like a whiner ever time I hear him).

Huntsman should join the Dems.

The guy thinks he's wearing magic underpants, he's going to rule his own planet in the afterlife, and that Jesus was riding around on an Elephant somewhere in America...

"Zany" doesn't begin to cover it.

But :eusa_shhh: we aren't supposed to talk about that until AFTER he gets the nomination.

The GOP establishment is determined to force Romney on the rank and file, and I really don't think beating Obama is anything more than a secondary consideration to them at this point. I think it's about dominance. The Establishment republicans are determined to not let the TEA Partiers take over, and if they have to throw some elections to do it, so be it.

It's the kind of thinking that kept the GOP in the minority for 40 years until Newt came along, and got us thrown back into it in 2006.

Exactly. But I think the establishment is about to lose this one. Conservative TPM types are waking up to the divide and conquor approach and have mostly decided to settle on one guy no matter what happens as long as he isnt Romney (or Huntsman but he's not in it to win anyway).

But only time will tell; alot can happen in the next few months, few weeks or few days.

I would welcome a Romney candidacy. I would welcome a Newt candidacy. Hell, I'd welcome a Tilla Tequila candidacy because every oen of them will do a hell of a lot better job than that incompetent there now.

I would welcome a Romney candidacy. I would welcome a Newt candidacy. Hell, I'd welcome a Tilla Tequila candidacy because every oen of them will do a hell of a lot better job than that incompetent there now.
That’s become a tired, tedious cop-out; no, not any of the current GOP candidates would do a better job than Obama, the likes of Bachmann in particular.

That’s become a tired, tedious cop-out; no, not any of the current GOP candidates would do a better job than Obama, the likes of Bachmann in particular.

yeah, Bachmann would. She would not demonize business. She would not lecture folks not to go Vegas. She would not try to pass card check, cap n trade, and additional stimuluses. She is not beholden to the unions.
I would take merely goofy over the gross incompetence we've witnessed for 3 years.

I would take a random name out of the Arlington TX phone book, to take a W F Buckley perspective on the matter.

Forum List

Back