Romney Energy Plan: What Global Warming?

The idea that humans can significantly impact carbon dioxide levels on earth to the point where it causes a significant increase in global temperatures independent of all other factors is just way too far fetched for me. How long have we, as humans, been tracking the earth's temperature? 100, maybe 150 years? And how accurate were those reading 100 years ago, even 50 years ago?

Do people realize that the earth formed over 4 billion years ago and was once a conglomeration of molten lava? If you divide 100 by 4,000,000,000, we've been monitoring global temperatures for 0.0000025% of the earth's life. If you compare that to an 80 year old human's lifespan, it would be like like taking their temperature for 1 minute.

I'm all for science of every kind but let's not jump to conclusions so quickly. And if green energy is all that and a bag of chips, surely it can stand on it's own alongside traditional methods.

WOW. I forget what earlier period in the earths history saw man bring up billions of pounds of coal, oil and gas, burn them and release the gases produced into the atmosphere. When have we done that before? And what happened when we did that?

Oh and combine the burning of those fuels with the depletion of the forests that have always acted as huge carbon traps.

You tell me when those acts occured in the past and what the outcome was cause I sure am curious.

Or maybe you think there is just a big ole chimmney up in the sky sucking all those bad gases right out into space. Is that it?

The idea that humans can significantly impact carbon dioxide levels on earth to the point where it causes a significant increase in global temperatures independent of all other factors is just way too far fetched for me. How long have we, as humans, been tracking the earth's temperature? 100, maybe 150 years? And how accurate were those reading 100 years ago, even 50 years ago?

Do people realize that the earth formed over 4 billion years ago and was once a conglomeration of molten lava? If you divide 100 by 4,000,000,000, we've been monitoring global temperatures for 0.0000025% of the earth's life. If you compare that to an 80 year old human's lifespan, it would be like like taking their temperature for 1 minute.

I'm all for science of every kind but let's not jump to conclusions so quickly. And if green energy is all that and a bag of chips, surely it can stand on it's own alongside traditional methods.

WOW. I forget what earlier period in the earths history saw man bring up billions of pounds of coal, oil and gas, burn them and release the gases produced into the atmosphere. When have we done that before? And what happened when we did that?

Oh and combine the burning of those fuels with the depletion of the forests that have always acted as huge carbon traps.

You tell me when those acts occured in the past and what the outcome was cause I sure am curious.

Or maybe you think there is just a big ole chimmney up in the sky sucking all those bad gases right out into space. Is that it?

Deccan Traps, Siberian Traps ? :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
Man made global warming is a hoax. Flat, plain, simple. It's a hoax.

I understand why people who have a significant financial interest in fossil fuel production and use take that particular position in much the same way that I understood why cigarette companies and tobacco growers took the position that there was no definitive proof that smoking caused lung diseases.

But in the case of smoking, people could always elect to quit -- hopefully in time to prevent an early painful death and financial hardship for their surviving family members.

But climate change is different. Ultimately, there's no place to hide.

So, I find it quizzical why it is that people who don't have a financial interest in fossil fuels are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of conspiracy theories and reject not only scientific findings, but proven scientific concepts as well since the effects of increased carbon dioxide in any planetary atmosphere is no hoax; it traps heat.

We have no need to hide from climate change. However, if we did, there is an easy place to hide: In our houses.

You can hide from weather. You can't hide from climate.

Redundancy is redundant.

Sertiously. Keep that appeal to emotional response on hand. You'll need it.

Forum List

Back