Romney Doesn’t Understand Why You Can’t Roll Down Windows On A Plane

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
Mitt Romney pulls in $6 million at Beverly Hills fundraiser - latimes.com

Romney’s wife, Ann, was in attendance, and the candidate spoke of the concern he had for her when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday en route to Santa Monica because of an electrical malfunction.

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

You're right, nothing will fix a plane with fire and smoke inside like being able to get a nice refreshing breath of air at 500mph and 30,000 feet up in the air in your now depressurized plane.

Nah, science isn't important.

Who said Republicans don't embrace science?

That would be "Republicans".

Obama "embraced" science by bending NASA over and stickin' it to 'em, AFTER he told NASA during his 2008 campaign that NASA could count on his support and count on plenty of funding.

Obama "embraced" science by bending NASA over and stickin' it to 'em, AFTER he told NASA during his 2008 campaign that NASA could count on his support and count on plenty of funding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/26/science/space/space-x-capsule-docks-at-space-station.html?_r=0

The world’s first private supply ship successfully docked at the International Space Station Friday morning.

The unmanned SpaceX Dragon became the first U.S. vessel to visit the space station since NASA’s shuttles retired last summer — and the first private spacecraft to ever make a delivery.

SpaceX Rocket Docks At International Space Station « CBS Los Angeles

Now don't you feel stupid?

Romney’s wife, Ann, was in attendance, and the candidate spoke of the concern he had for her when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday en route to Santa Monica because of an electrical malfunction.

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

You're right, nothing will fix a plane with fire and smoke inside like being able to get a nice refreshing breath of air at 500mph and 30,000 feet up in the air in your now depressurized plane.

Nah, science isn't important.

lol

Jeez, that’s more damaging than the 47 Percent speech...

Some things you just can't make up. And people trusted this dolt with their investment dollars? I never thought I'd say it, but Romney is starting to make Dubya look smart.

Some airplane windows do open. Every Cessna single-engine airplane I've been in had windows that open. That is possible, because these small airplanes are significantly different in three ways: They are not pressurized, they don't fly as fast, and they don't fly as high.

Could a party that doesn't believe in science convince America, a country with an enormous background in science, they can lead?

Some airplane windows do open. Every Cessna single-engine airplane I've been in had windows that open. That is possible, because these small airplanes are significantly different in three ways: They are not pressurized, they don't fly as fast, and they don't fly as high.

Some things you just can't make up. And people trusted this dolt with their investment dollars? I never thought I'd say it, but Romney is starting to make Dubya look smart.

Maybe a corpseman should have explained it to him.....

57 states.

JOBS = 3 letter word.

They speak Austrian in Austria.

Doctors cut off body parts to make more money.

Romney flying in a Cessna is about as likely as Romney driving a VW.

598798_501708906515721_525352671_n.jpg

The man is a complete dolt. Homer Simpson is a genius by comparison.

Sure idiot....his Harvard MBA and JD just can't compare to your GED.:eusa_whistle:

I'm guessing he was talking about opening the windows "on the ground" in an emergency situation to let smoke out of the plane.

The man is a complete dolt. Homer Simpson is a genius by comparison.

It looks like the writer cut out some of his words since the - separates two different sentences.....how typical.

Hey dipshits. He was saying he does not understand why there are no oxygen masks for the passengers.

Forum List

Back