Romney DIDN'T work across the aisle on much of anything except healthcare

Aug 7, 2012
In the debate Romney said he worked across the aisle. It seems that was mostly on healthcare and not much else.

Health care was a rare exception where he worked with the legislature in his state, according to Widmer.

Widmer says the legislature was “frustrated usually” with Romney because he wanted to govern like a “CEO” and “didn’t pay heed to the legislature and they resented that.”

He says it was very different than one of his predecessors and now a big support, Bill Weld who did work with Democrats in the state.

LINK

So he only passed one thing, can we see examples of things he didnt work with democrats on?

So he somehow forced an 80% democrat legislature to do what he said?

Im not buying it.

Holy shit..... you are like a fucking whack-a-mole game :lmao:

How many links to bullshit websites are you going to trot out, and not defend any of the bullshit that is being spewed forth.

What a joke.... get a grip!

• Banned
He had a 37% approval rating when he left office knowing he couldn't run for a 2nd term successfully with that record. His work with the legislature was rubber stamping what they passed for the most part because if he vetoed everything, he would look even worse. But many of those who knew him and were in the legislature at the time said he was aloof, didn't know the legislator's names when encountering them in the hallway, isolated himself with a roped off area (unlike other governors have done), closed one of the elevators for his use exclusively instead of sharing it with legislators as the were used to with other governors. He was not well-liked nor did he work across the aisle most of the time.

On Thursday, state Democrats and Republicans rushed to define Romney’s tenure as governor as it emerged as a focus of the campaign.

“I don’t believe he was accurately portraying his time here as governor,” said state Rep. Stephen Kulik, a Worthington Democrat. “He did not work closely with the Legislature and I think anyone who served during that time will tell you that. He had great disdain for the Legislature — he was very much a solo act, if you will
.”

You think he is going to sign legislation he thinks is bad for the state simply to claim he did something?

• Banned

How many links to bullshit websites are you going to trot out, and not defend any of the bullshit that is being spewed forth.

I won't answer posts that have low level one liner profanity in them and which don't respond to the points being made either intelligently or with links to other people saying he was a wonderful governor with high approval ratings and fondly remembered by legislatures. "Nuff said. BTW my font is bigger than your font!

Last edited:
He had a 37% approval rating when he left office knowing he couldn't run for a 2nd term successfully with that record. His work with the legislature was rubber stamping what they passed for the most part because if he vetoed everything, he would look even worse. But many of those who knew him and were in the legislature at the time said he was aloof, didn't know the legislator's names when encountering them in the hallway, isolated himself with a roped off area (unlike other governors have done), closed one of the elevators for his use exclusively instead of sharing it with legislators as the were used to with other governors. He was not well-liked nor did he work across the aisle most of the time.

On Thursday, state Democrats and Republicans rushed to define Romney’s tenure as governor as it emerged as a focus of the campaign.

“I don’t believe he was accurately portraying his time here as governor,” said state Rep. Stephen Kulik, a Worthington Democrat. “He did not work closely with the Legislature and I think anyone who served during that time will tell you that. He had great disdain for the Legislature — he was very much a solo act, if you will

2011-12-20174133.jpg

Due he worked in Massachusetts....notice how you dont see a ton of democrats from Utah.....same thing

Wow democrats ragging on Romney.....big fucking deal

I won't answer posts that have low level one linerl profanity in them and which don't respond to the points being made either intelligently or with links to other people saying he was a wonderful governor with high approval ratings and fondly remembered by legislatures. "Nuff said.

You just answered one....

I dont plan to respond to any of these bullshit threads because you are not going to listen anyway.... you are a drone for Obama and there is nothing else to be debated on with you.

Your mind is made up and that is that....

If you were concerned with lies and deciet.... you would be outraged at Obama over Libya, and Egypt... and Fast and Furious.... or the donors to Obama's campaign, who are they and are they legit?

Show some outrage towards your messiah, and I will take you seriously. Until then get out of my face with you fake outrage!

So he only passed one thing, can we see examples of things he didnt work with democrats on?

Sure, 800 vetoes, most of which were overridden by the legislature. Look it up.

So give me something...I didnt make the accusation....

You google governor romney vetoes and then read as many pages as it takes for you to be forced to admit I was right. Or forced to have to refuse to admit I was right.:lol:

Governorship of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business tax collection increases

Attempts to cut taxes

In May 2005, Romney presented a proposal to the Massachusetts General Court to crack down on repeat drunk drivers. Massachusetts had some of the weakest drunk driving laws of any state in the country, and the state was losing $9 million annually from its highway budget because existing laws were not in compliance with federal standards.[133] Romney called his proposal "Melanie's Bill" in honor of Melanie Powell, a 13-year-old who was killed in 2003 by a repeat drunk driver while walking to the beach with friends. The bill included provisions that gave prosecutors greater power to go after repeat offenders with increased penalties. It also increased license suspensions, raised sentencing guidelines and required repeat drunk drivers to install ignition-interlock devices in their vehicles. The state House Judiciary Committee removed many of the bill's provisions and sent the reduced version to an eventual conference committee.[134] Romney criticized the "watered down" bill, which he said reflected the interests of defense lawyers, and sent the bill back to legislators with amendments to restore some of the original provisions.[135] On October 28, 2005, Romney signed the amended version of the bill, which approved two of Romney's three amendments and rejected Romney's provision for increasing penalties for motorists who refuse to take a breathalyzer test.[136][137] Eleven months after the enactment of Melanie's Law, arrests of repeat drunk drivers decreased by half, and the number of drivers agreeing to breathalyzer tests increased by more than 18 percent.[137]

Got it done, even though democrats didnt want a tough bill

Looks like he got stuff done, not all of it I like, but hey it's libtard centrall in Massachussettes.....

Attempts to cut taxes

In May 2005, Romney presented a proposal to the Massachusetts General Court to crack down on repeat drunk drivers. Massachusetts had some of the weakest drunk driving laws of any state in the country, and the state was losing $9 million annually from its highway budget because existing laws were not in compliance with federal standards.[133] Romney called his proposal "Melanie's Bill" in honor of Melanie Powell, a 13-year-old who was killed in 2003 by a repeat drunk driver while walking to the beach with friends. The bill included provisions that gave prosecutors greater power to go after repeat offenders with increased penalties. It also increased license suspensions, raised sentencing guidelines and required repeat drunk drivers to install ignition-interlock devices in their vehicles. The state House Judiciary Committee removed many of the bill's provisions and sent the reduced version to an eventual conference committee.[134] Romney criticized the "watered down" bill, which he said reflected the interests of defense lawyers, and sent the bill back to legislators with amendments to restore some of the original provisions.[135] On October 28, 2005, Romney signed the amended version of the bill, which approved two of Romney's three amendments and rejected Romney's provision for increasing penalties for motorists who refuse to take a breathalyzer test.[136][137] Eleven months after the enactment of Melanie's Law, arrests of repeat drunk drivers decreased by half, and the number of drivers agreeing to breathalyzer tests increased by more than 18 percent.[137]

Looks like he got stuff done, not all of it I like, but hey it's libtard centrall in Massachussettes.....

But... But... But... He only worked with them on healthcare. This threads says so.

In the debate Romney said he worked across the aisle. It seems that was mostly on healthcare and not much else.

Health care was a rare exception where he worked with the legislature in his state, according to Widmer.

Widmer says the legislature was “frustrated usually” with Romney because he wanted to govern like a “CEO” and “didn’t pay heed to the legislature and they resented that.”

He says it was very different than one of his predecessors and now a big support, Bill Weld who did work with Democrats in the state.

LINK

Pure horse shit dude, He had to and did work across the isle on every single thing. He had no choice. He even had to appeal to Dem Voters to get the Job in the first place.

Epic fail. Romney is a Moderate, not a Neo-con, Not a far right guy. A moderate. Americans are waking up to that fact right now.

Attempts to cut taxes

But... But... But... He only worked with them on healthcare. This threads says so.

Yep, that's why I love it when liberals bring ups issues and then facts....it's like playing t-ball.....

Forum List

Back