Romney denies saying what he said

Mitt Romney Denies Criticizing Palestinian Culture

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney says he wasn't criticizing Palestinian culture at a fundraiser in Jerusalem on Monday.

Palestinian officials accused the Republican presidential candidate of racism for suggesting that culture helps explain the economic disparity between Israelis and Palestinians

On Tuesday, Romney told Fox News that he wasn't specifically talking about Palestinian culture and doesn't plan to during the campaign.

He's downplaying a series of perceived missteps and instead blaming the media. Romney says reporters are more interested in "finding something to write" than about reporting on the economy and national security threats.

Romney prompted angry headlines across England last week when he questioned London's readiness for the Olympics.

He says the media is trying to "divert from the fact that these last four years have been tough years for our country."
Again.

"As you come here and you see the G.D.P. per capita, for instance, in Israel, which is about $21,000, and compare that with the G.D.P. per capita just across the areas managed by the Palestinian Authority, which is more like $10,000 per capita, you notice such a dramatically stark difference in economic vitality. And that is also between other countries that are near or next to each other. Chile and Ecuador, Mexico and the United States.”
So comparing economic realities between two countries, is really just an attack on one countries culture?

Really?

Was he attacking Chile or Ecuador? Mexico or the US?

Dumb asses, the lot of you.

True, I wish he would, Palestinians are a joke. They lost, the UN said nope, they couldnt stop it, blame Europe, they're the ones that partitianed it.

Wonder why Star and other libbies aren't offended when Pres. Obama denies saying what HE said?

I wish I was on here during the 2004 election when they had to defend Kerry voting for it before he voted against it.....LOL

Why do liberals always defend killers and nutjobs!

Why can't the Republican party nominate a candidate for POTUS that can make a statement without then having to send out surrogates to make a "what he really meant to say was" rebuttal? -pewsh!-

good grief, a cartoon offends these people...yet here you are defending them and putting down Romney

So you rather disrespect a religion because you are a bigot.

shocking. I'll remember that next time you are whining in a christian thread about how people disrespect you.

Why can't the Republican party nominate a candidate for POTUS that can make a statement without then having to send out surrogates to make a "what he really meant to say was" rebuttal? -pewsh!-

good grief, a cartoon offends these people...yet here you are defending them and putting down Romney

shocking. I'll remember that next time you are whining in a christian thread about how people disrespect you.
Yeah, that culture of Jihad is so cool!

Theo_Van_Gogh_25.jpg

Romney was spot on about the economy of a primitive culture.

Yeah, that culture of Jihad is so cool!

Theo_Van_Gogh_25.jpg

Romney was spot on about the economy of a primitive culture.

Tiller
Right. Cuz his murder was sanctioned by the culture and the government.

Oh, wait....................

Romney was spot on. When a culture is primitive, their economy will reflect that.

Forum List

Back