Romney defeats Obama?

As the incumbent, he should be showing a decent lead at this stage of the game. That he is not is good news - but not for Obama.

Hope you're right. But my thinking is that there's a bunch of blue states who will go for Obama no matter what, and maybe enough swing states will go for him even though the economy sucks. I'm guessing there aren't many voters who haven't already made up their minds, unless something drastic happens over the next 100 days. So - who knows?

The economy doesn't suck. The job market sucks. There's a difference.

Heh, what planet are you from? Because the U.S. economy has been devastated by Obama and so goes the world's economy.

The Nightmare
If you love your children, think hard and long about this president. Long after we leave this planet, they and their children will inherit his legacy.

Another four years of this president, is surely humankind's biggest political nightmare. The inventory of mismanagement is so long, one wonders where to start and how to prioritize the list. Where does one start first? Obama the world citizen, Obama the economic leader or Obama the con artist? Another question that jumps to mind is how does somebody with no track record, zero achievement and armed with a disarming smile and a gift of the gab become president of the US? Really, has Hollywood become so much part of the US psyche that millions of Americans were duped into thinking that an amateur with no credentials could run the worlds most powerful country?

$obama-somali-muslim-garb.jpg

The fact remains that: Obama leads in 10 of 12 swing states today, and of those ten, he has a a better than margin of error lead in four.

Bagger Nation trashing of Obama (kenyanism, birferism, Muslim-ism, and so forth) will hurt Romney far more than Obama. Americans like Obama better than they like Bagger Nation.

Keep it on economic and the economy and jobs, Romney has a chance.

Keep it on Bagger Nation topics, and Romney's chances decline drastically.

you see good economic news? I'd love to see some

12 quarters of GDP growth.
21 months of job growth.
Fortune 500 companies set a record for profits in 2011.
Interest rates at historic lows.

How's that?

Too bad our DEBT is hovering around 100% of said GDP, which is a number that's climbed from 78% in 3 years

Too bad said job growth isn't keeping up with population growth, or we'd have an UER lower than 8 fucking percent

Too bad Democrats are against big corporations making a profit, so they try to tax them as much as they can

Low interest rates would be great if anybody could afford to take out a loan these days

In contrast to Romney's establishing good feelings with Israel, Obama broke his promises to Israel. I can imagine how isolated they felt before Romney went over there and reassured them things would return to normal for them in the near future.

I'm starting to feel a lot brighter about the world being in good hands in a Romney White House. :)

I just think Romney is the man of the hour and will emblazon a future of good jobs, job security, and that he will decimate the national debt by doing what Obama has neglected to do--stop the drunken sailor spend binge.

May this be the last few months Obama can stand in front of the mirror and tell his lies to himself until he believes them. The state of the union never improved because he mistreated the energy industry and brought chaos to dependent industries such as tourism. People aren't traveling on a large scale until gasoline prices go down, and that's the way it is.

Not sure you guys are prepared to be on the defensive with that guy, Obama is going to do you all a favor and win so that you will not have to suffer the indignity when the miraculous Romney recovery fails to materialize.
And should his assinine ACORN workers cheat the polls again, we're going to throw the book at you.

The fact remains that: Obama leads in 10 of 12 swing states today, and of those ten, he has a a better than margin of error lead in four.

Bagger Nation trashing of Obama (kenyanism, birferism, Muslim-ism, and so forth) will hurt Romney far more than Obama. Americans like Obama better than they like Bagger Nation.

Keep it on economic and the economy and jobs, Romney has a chance.

Keep it on Bagger Nation topics, and Romney's chances decline drastically.

Carter was leading within only a couple weeks of election day too.
I think we all know how that turned out.

Never underestimate the silent majority

:cool:

Romney is no Reagan, though, and Obama is no Carter.

I still think Romney can win this election if the baggers don't screw it up too much.

Romney is no Reagan, though, and Obama is no Carter.

I still think Romney can win this election if the baggers don't screw it up too much.

He's been stepping up his game.
He does better when he's not pushed back on his heels by Obama and his media setting the talking points.

Wait until the debates when Romney can throw Obama's numbers back in his face

:thup:

Yes, Romney can take at least two of three of the debates.

The question will be just how impressive and how much of a leader does he show to the watchers.

(that's the latest e-mail title from the Obama campaign)
:D

****When you read the news 101 days from now, that might be the headline you see.

Those few words will tell us whether we fought back hard enough against Romney and the Republicans' massive special-interest fundraising machine -- or if we didn't do enough, maybe because we got complacent or thought that we had this one in the bag.*****

donate now, blah-blah-blah

:lmao:

pathetic

Even his worst nightmares are someone else's fault.

Hope you're right. But my thinking is that there's a bunch of blue states who will go for Obama no matter what, and maybe enough swing states will go for him even though the economy sucks. I'm guessing there aren't many voters who haven't already made up their minds, unless something drastic happens over the next 100 days. So - who knows?

Really? Looks pretty sucky to me. It's been over 3 years since the recession officially ended, and we ain't going in the right direction.

So you liked the direction we were going the last time the GOP had the Presidency? Minus 750,000 jobs a month is not a record to brag about. A stock market that loses half it's value in a few months is not a record to run on. And the very wealthy got their tax cuts, so how many jobs were created? Looks to me like you fellows haven't a clue as to what economic growth is.

Food prices.
Energy Prices.
Healthcare Prices.

What about it?

Government has very little to do with any of that.

Taxes and regulations have a huge impact on these things

Why yes, they do. Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy, and balanced the budget. And we had the longest sustained economic boom in this nations history. Bush lowered taxes, lied us into a war that was off the books, and created huge deficits. He cut funds for oversight of the banks and market, encouraged morgage lenders to make unwise loans. And the market and economy crashed at the end of his terms. Crashed so completely that we were on the verge of the Second Great Republican Depression.

Today, we are slowly putting the economy back together. A hard slow slog, not what we would desire, but we are moving in the right direction.

So what does the GOP offer us now? More tax breaks for the very wealthy, screw every body else, and more deregulation. By golly, I do believe that they are shooting to realize that Second Great Republican Depression.

What about it?

Government has very little to do with any of that.

Taxes and regulations have a huge impact on these things

Why yes, they do. Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy, and balanced the budget. And we had the longest sustained economic boom in this nations history. Bush lowered taxes, lied us into a war that was off the books, and created huge deficits. He cut funds for oversight of the banks and market, encouraged morgage lenders to make unwise loans. And the market and economy crashed at the end of his terms. Crashed so completely that we were on the verge of the Second Great Republican Depression.

Today, we are slowly putting the economy back together. A hard slow slog, not what we would desire, but we are moving in the right direction.

So what does the GOP offer us now? More tax breaks for the very wealthy, screw every body else, and more deregulation. By golly, I do believe that they are shooting to realize that Second Great Republican Depression.

All war spending was paid for through appropriations that were approved by Reps and Dems and was, most assuredly, calculated into our debt/deficit.

I guess you don't remember your skeezbucket Dems holding money for our troops hostage to get their pet projects passed.....
:eusa_hand:

And until Obama stops extending these awful tax breaks you keep bitching about, you really should keep your hypocritical mouth shut

Really? Looks pretty sucky to me. It's been over 3 years since the recession officially ended, and we ain't going in the right direction.

So you liked the direction we were going the last time the GOP had the Presidency? Minus 750,000 jobs a month is not a record to brag about. A stock market that loses half it's value in a few months is not a record to run on. And the very wealthy got their tax cuts, so how many jobs were created? Looks to me like you fellows haven't a clue as to what economic growth is.

The last time the GOP had the presidency we did quite well, despite the 911 attack and Katrina. It didn't start getting really bad until democrats took the house and senate. If the GOP has the presidency, the senate and house, we can expect to go back to the better days we had last time.

iF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS WHAT DEMOCRATS HAVE DONE TO HOUSING i WOULD BE HAPPY TO SCHOOL YOUR IGNORANT ASS.

What would a home builder / contractor know about such things. :badgrin:

The RCP composite polls show Obama with a lead in many of the swing states, albeit a close one. What I can't figure out is why it's even close with the economy and jobs situation looking so bad. For some reason, Obama is hanging in there, even though things are turning to shit. Go figure.

All one need do is look at the alternative. There are an awful lot of people out there who really don't think cutting taxes further is the answer. Selling people on the idea that a person who makes tens of millions of dollars per year and only pays 13% to 14% in taxes is good for the economy is a hard sell. The even harder sell is convincing voters that the person in that position needs even more tax cuts is an even harder sell. Now couple that with the fact the person only paying 13% to 14% in taxes and who wants his taxes cut even more is the guy running, well that seems to be just a bit of a problem. You see, people just aren't quite that dumb. Is the economy bad? Yes, if you are unemployed, but over 90% of the people who want to be working are working; they are not unemployed. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there are many people who are in love with Obama. It's just that the alternative only offers more of the same thing that got us into this mess in the first place. Trying to cut taxes to get the economy moving is workable when taxes are high, but when they are already extremely low, cutting them more will only lead to even lower revenues which will lead to an even bigger devaluation of the dollar which costs everyone.

You know, when you say liberals kill kids, you must be refering to fetuses, right? Well, fetuses are not kids. Anyway, from everything I see, "conservatives" don't mind kids dying. You know, over 45,000 people a year die from lack of health insurance. A lot of these numbers are kids. republicans destroy any talk of national health care with joy, take ACA to supreme court, and when they didn't get the ruling they want, they just pass bills in the house that go nowhere like a bunch of immature juveniles.
Several states with republican governors have refused medicaid from the federal government, insuring that people, including kids, will suffer or die. They don't care. It's all about being against obama and also about money. So don't take pretend you give a damn about a human life.

In 2008 when it was Obama's pet billionaires outspending McCain it was okay.
When it was your party's Black Panthers practicing voter intimidation it was ok.

I mean, that's fine.

It's just, if you're going to go full blown retard on the hypocritical shit at least have the balls to admit it.
:cuckoo:

And what did he get? What was it he wanted?

How come Republicans never look beyond what the "other guy" did? Don't they know what's going on? Don't they have morals of their own?

Right-Wing Billionaires Behind Mitt Romney - they expect a big payoff on their investment

Wait a liberal with morals?????? Uh when did this happen? I mean liberals kill kids, let murders out on parole, like to out gays, promote promiscuity, treat other races like children, they belive in eugenics, and basically have NO personal morality at all. sorry rdean...

liberals dont need the "other guy" did it, they just say Bush did it.

You know, when you say liberals kill kids, you must be refering to fetuses, right? Well, fetuses are not kids. Anyway, from everything I see, "conservatives" don't mind kids dying. You know, over 45,000 people a year die from lack of health insurance. A lot of these numbers are kids. republicans destroy any talk of national health care with joy, take ACA to supreme court, and when they didn't get the ruling they want, they just pass bills in the house that go nowhere like a bunch of immature juveniles.
Several states with republican governors have refused medicaid from the federal government, insuring that people, including kids, will suffer or die. They don't care. It's all about being against obama and also about money. So don't take pretend you give a damn about a human life.

Any links to support your bullshit?

Forum List

Back