Romney clueless on the economy

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
ROMNEY CLUELESS ON THE ECONOMY
And the federal Government.
Romney want to hold Obama responsible from day one when unemployment was 8.7% and rising and 8 million jobs had been lost and rising. We are still feeling the effect of 8 years of Bush’s plundering and out of control spending. After three years it is still way to early to start blaming Obama for the condition of the economy. One thing we can blame him for is because of his hard work he avoided the worse depression ever.
The fire Bush started did not go out when he left office, but thanks to Obama it’s just smoldering embers and another four years and I have confidence that the fire will be out.
Romney is clueless on how the economy and the federal Government works.

“If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.”

Mitt Romney tweets that “more Americans have lost their jobs under Barack Obama than any president in modern history”

On Jan. 16, 2012, Romney sent a tweet blasting Obama for his jobs record.
"More Americans have lost their jobs under Barack Obama than any president in modern history," Romney wrote.
Several readers asked us to check it out.
First, we should mention that there is no useful statistic for "Americans (who) have lost their jobs" during a given time period. The labor force is fluid, so people who lose their jobs often move quickly into another one. Instead, economists use the concept of net jobs gained or lost -- how many more (or fewer) people were employed on Date B than on Date A.
When we asked the Romney campaign for backup material, they confirmed that they were talking about net jobs lost under a given president. So that’s the measure we used.
We found that Obama is indeed the only president to have a net job loss if you count from inauguration day until the end of the presidency. But it’s not necessarily fair to credit or blame presidents for jobs created or lost during the first year on the job, since the president’s policies have not had time to take effect.
PolitiFact | Mitt Romney tweets that
The fact that Obama’s -- or any other president's -- numbers can change dramatically depending on what timeline you use suggests that Romney’s conclusion isn't as telling as it sounds. Throw in PolitiFact’s perennial reminder that no politician is the sole cause of either jobs lost or jobs created, and we arrive at a ruling of Mostly False.

Romney miss-speaks a lot.

Last edited:
Romney has made payroll. Obama has only been on someone else's payroll.
I'll take Romney's word over Obama's any day.

There's a word CEOs who are on the job for three years and have 8% unemployment, first ever downgrade and historic debt and deficits to show for it: fired

Last edited:
Romney's a businessman.....Obama knows nothing about business.
Romney knows the economy and i'm sure has many better idea's on how to fix it than Obama has. You go ahead and believe what you want, but this whole mess started LONG before Bush was president! I don't think any other president had so much go wrong in his first term than Bush did. He had 911, which then affected the airtravel and Airlines were struggling to stay alive, Katrina, and 2 wars - that even the majority of Dems agreed with! How do you think that's going to NOT effect our economy and business? I think Bush did pretty well considering what he faced. Now Obama has spent more in 3 1/2 yrs than Bush did in 8 yrs..and he's fixed NOTHING. It's really hard for me to believe people actually think he's doing great.

Romney want to hold Obama responsible from day one when unemployment was 8.7% and rising and 8 million jobs had been lost and rising. We are still feeling the effect of 8 years of Bush’s plundering and out of control spending. After three years it is still way to early to start blaming Obama for the condition of the economy. One thing we can blame him for is because of his hard work he avoided the worse depression ever.
The fire Bush started did not go out when he left office, but thanks to Obama it’s just smoldering embers and another four years and I have confidence that the fire will be out.

You claim that Romney knows nothing about the economy an yet you show nothing to prove your point. Instead you make excuses for obama and blame Bush.

Pretty lame, even for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

You claim that Romney knows nothing about the economy an yet you show nothing to prove your point. Instead you make excuses for obama and blame Bush.

Pretty lame, even for you.

Nay! it's not lame, it typical libtoid.

There is someone clueless here, but I don't think it's Romney. You might want to look in the mirror and see what you find before you start bandying words like clueless around. :eusa_whistle:

Krugman and Obama both admitted the Stimulus failed. It failed so big that Krugman said that it wasnt even tried!

Forum List

Back