Romney: Chicken or slow on his feet

Mitt answered shank's question but apparently no one has much interest in understanding what was said... :eusa_whistle:

"It would be overtaken by events," Romney said when pressed for the second time by moderator Bob Schieffer during the interview taped Saturday while the former Massachusetts governor's bus tour stopped in Pennsylvania.

He explained the order would become irrelevant "by virtue of my putting in place a long-term solution, with legislation which creates law that relates to these individuals such that they know what their setting is going to be, not just for the term of a president but on a permanent basis."
Again, what is his long term solution? His website merely says he will allow highly educated immigrants from other countries....what does that have to do with the children Obama has addressed?

Nothing.

Even the Republicans are waiting for his answer.

I have no problem waiting to see what further details he comes up with...I find his more thoughtful approach to facts, and his reluctance to politicize their lives with convenient and timely sound-bites, not only understandable but honorable...

..."legislation which creates law that relates to these individuals such that they know what their setting is going to be, not just for the term of a president but on a permanent basis."

Last edited:
Mitt answered shank's question but apparently no one has much interest in understanding what was said... :eusa_whistle:
Again, what is his long term solution? His website merely says he will allow highly educated immigrants from other countries....what does that have to do with the children Obama has addressed?

Nothing.

I have no problem waiting to see what further details he comes up with...I find his more thoughtful approach to facts, and his reluctance to politicize their lives with convenient and timely sound-bites, not only understandable but honorable...

..."legislation which creates law that relates to these individuals such that they know what their setting is going to be, not just for the term of a president but on a permanent basis."
:lmao:

No offense, but there was nothing thoughtful in his avoiding the issue.

He's floundering. Maybe we should start calling him Flounder.

In recent months, Romney had hinted that he would back a Rubio proposal to help young, undocumented immigrants—assuming the senator could come up with one that gained wide Republican support—while declining to discuss the issue in detail. Last Friday, after Rubio responded coolly to Obama by warning that the president was making it harder, rather than easier, to resolve the problem, Romney echoed Rubio’s words in commenting publicly on the president’s move for the first time.

Marco Rubio dropping election-year plan for GOP Dream Act - latimes.com

Mitt Romney in an interview aired Sunday repeatedly refused to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama's new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.

Mitt Romney refuses to answer whether he'd overturn Obama immigration law | NJ.com

Maybe he should stick to horse dressage.

So your Upset that Mitt wont clarify what he would do, But it's ok that less than a Year Ago Obama explicitly said he did not have the Authority to do what he just did?

Really?

lol. Of course Mitt is unsure of what to do. This Stunt by Obama was Designed that way. He knows many of us, Including Mitt. Support the idea of the Dream act. Now he is testing Republicans to see if they will accept an Executive Abusive Power Grab, Because we think the Ends justify the means.

Nothing.

In recent months, Romney had hinted that he would back a Rubio proposal to help young, undocumented immigrants—assuming the senator could come up with one that gained wide Republican support—while declining to discuss the issue in detail. Last Friday, after Rubio responded coolly to Obama by warning that the president was making it harder, rather than easier, to resolve the problem, Romney echoed Rubio’s words in commenting publicly on the president’s move for the first time.

So you would Rather have him go on Record now, then if he changes his mind you can Bash him for it? Like you are NOT DOING to obama who just reversed his own Words, and is now doing something he said not 9 Months ago he could not legally do.

You really are a pathetic Partisan Hack.

Mitt Romney in an interview aired Sunday repeatedly refused to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama's new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.

Mitt Romney refuses to answer whether he'd overturn Obama immigration law | NJ.com

Romeny is smart, very smart- he's not going to get off the topic that is foremost on our minds...the economy. Obama will attempt to distract, but in the end, it really won't matter. It's all about the economy, stupid.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

So you would Rather have him go on Record now, then if he changes his mind you can Bash him for it? Like you are NOT DOING to obama who just reversed his own Words, and is now doing something he said not 9 Months ago he could not legally do.

Obama said he couldn't grant them amnesty. And he can't. And he didn't.

Loser.

Nothing.

Sorry you didn't like his answer but he DID answer the question, and answering set-up questions with a yes or no, does not constitute addressing real issues...

Sorry you didn't like his answer but he DID answer the question, and answering set-up questions with a yes or no, does not constitute addressing real issues...
It was a fair question.

It was a fair question.

And a fair answer as well, despite the OP article headline which claims (falsely) that he REFUSED to answer...

It was a fair question.

And a fair answer as well, despite the OP article headline which claims (falsely) that he REFUSED to answer...

:thup:
Romney’s first nonresponse began: “Well, let’s step back and, and look at the issue . . . ”

The second: “Well, as, as you know, he was, he was president for the last 31 / 2 years, did nothing on immigration . . .”

The third, which is my personal favorite: “Well, it would be overtaken by events, if you will, by virtue of my putting in place a long-term solution with, with legislation which creates law that relates to these individuals such that they know what their . . . setting is going to be.”

And the fourth and final nonanswer: “We’ll, we’ll look at that.”

Eugene Robinson: Mitt Romney’s mysterious views on immigration - The Washington Post

None of those answer the question, would you repeal it?

Romney’s first nonresponse began: “Well, let’s step back and, and look at the issue . . . ”

OMFG!!! Imagine THAT! ^ :lmao:

Obama said he couldn't grant them amnesty. And he can't. And he didn't.

Loser.

No he said there were laws on the books he had to enforce, One of which he is now choosing to only selectively enforce.

LOSER.

But you will excuse anything he does.

Pathetic.

If this were anything but a liberal Democrat President you would be railing about the Abuse of Power.

It looks as if Mitt is becoming quite adept at sidestepping the traps that team Obama keeps trying to lay for him. Good for him. :)

Maybe just maybe he takes the issue seriously enough and his responsibility as a candidate seriously enough to not give a sound-bite answer to a political trap question which would create a virtual maelstrom on tha twittah.

Mitt Romney in an interview aired Sunday repeatedly refused to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama's new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States. He claimed Obama's decision was political, while senior White House adviser David Plouffe said the move wasn't motivated by politics.

The Republican presidential candidate was asked several times in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" whether he would overturn the executive order issued Friday if he's elected in the fall. He refused to directly answer.

"It would be overtaken by events," Romney said when pressed for the second time by moderator Bob Schieffer during the interview taped Saturday while the former Massachusetts governor's bus tour stopped in Pennsylvania.

He explained the order would become irrelevant "by virtue of my putting in place a long-term solution, with legislation which creates law that relates to these individuals such that they know what their setting is going to be, not just for the term of a president but on a permanent basis."

Sounds like a thoughtful and wise approach to answering shank Schieffer's question!
:rolleyes:

Sounds like he's spinning around in a daze.

Notice that he didn't detail his "thoughtful" long-term solution. Maybe he has to first ask Rubio.

He shot a bird at Rubio today. I wonder why.

If he were to give an answer that he's for it....by the time Andrea Mitchelle got done editing it....it would sound like he was against it.

Last edited:
Maybe just maybe he takes the issue seriously enough and his responsibility as a candidate seriously enough to not give a sound-bite answer to a political trap question which would create a virtual maelstrom on tha twittah.

Mitt Romney in an interview aired Sunday repeatedly refused to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama's new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States. He claimed Obama's decision was political, while senior White House adviser David Plouffe said the move wasn't motivated by politics.

The Republican presidential candidate was asked several times in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation" whether he would overturn the executive order issued Friday if he's elected in the fall. He refused to directly answer.

Sounds like a thoughtful and wise approach to answering shank Schieffer's question!

Notice that he didn't detail his "thoughtful" long-term solution. Maybe he has to first ask Rubio.

I think Rubio's current comments on illegal immigration might embarass him more.

I think Rubio's current comments on illegal immigration might embarass him more.

I seriously doubt it.

Romney believes in following the law.

I remember when everyone gave him a hard time when he said they should self-deport.

To be honest......there is no right answer if you're a Republican.

Forum List

Back