Romney caught on tape

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
Romney continues by saying:
"they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Read more: Romney's closed door comments caught on tape (Includes interview)

Listen to the tape at the link.

All those young service men and women who vote for Obama and are in Afghanistan? Romney doesn't represent them. Guess that's why he didn't mention them at the convention.

Guys, while I think this is awesome and stuff Romney just outed himself...

I wonder who taped it... I'm wondering if it was one of the minimum wage folks you saw walking around serving the fat-cats their dinners...

Romney obviously has no clue and resents people who get government assistance for many different reasons--the elderly, the disabled, those who are out of work, children and others who have paid taxes and their dues and DESERVE what they are receiving. He has NO idea about the people he just insulted and has proven yet again what a draconian leader he would be for those who aren't in the upper class in this country. He's disgusting!

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
"they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

I'm trying to find a problem with this...
This administration pounds this into the heads of their party that people that work,that owns businesses that corporations are evil and government is good.

I think he feels that he should concentrate of people that might vote for him...
It's a strategy that makes sense...Why waste time on people that love being taken care of by government...

I'm trying to find a problem with this...
This administration pounds this into the heads of their party that people that work,that owns businesses that corporations are evil and government is good.

I think he feels that he should concentrate on people that might vote for him...
It's a strategy that makes sense...Why waste time on people that love being taken care of by government...

Yeah they are the party of takers. I don't see why Dems have such a problem with honesty.

All those young service men and women who vote for Obama and are in Afghanistan? Romney doesn't represent them. Guess that's why he didn't mention them at the convention.

He DID say he was in favor of a voucher system to screw over our vets. The man is scum who cares only about the 1%. More important is that he is owned by Kochs, Adelman, other 1% who give him money. He really has no choice but to do as his owners tell him.

IOW, he's not running in order to improve the US. He has been running for prez for more than 5 years and yet he still has not said even one thing that would help his own country and a hell of a lot that helps other countries. He has been very open about that fact.

Not to mention, that in this more than 5 years, he still can't seem to run a campaign ad he still lies about his tax returns.

Why is this so hard for rw's to understand? How did we get so many DUMB Americans?

Another article - very telling -

Mitt Romney And The 47 Percent | The New Republic

Smaller pieces for Rozman and Leweman.

How many of the 46% of Americans who don't pay taxes are Democrats?

Why Romney’s theory of the “taker class,” and why it matters[/url"]Romney is wrong about what he considers to be the "Taker" class.

For what it’s worth, this argument isn’t true. Among the Americans who paid no federal income taxes in 2011, 61 percent paid payroll taxes — which means they have jobs and, when you account for both sides of the payroll tax, they paid 15.3 percent of their income in taxes, which is higher than the 13.9 percent that Romney paid. Another 22 percent were elderly.

So 83 percent of those not paying federal income taxes are either working and paying payroll taxes or they’re elderly and Romney is promising to protect their benefits. The remainder, by and large, aren’t paying federal income or payroll taxes because they’re unemployed. But that’s a small fraction of the country.

Some of those tax cuts for the poor were there to make the tax cuts for the rich more politically palatable. “Do you think we wanted to include a welfare payment to people who don’t pay taxes and call it a tax cut?” A top Bush administration official once asked me. “No. But that’s what we needed to do to get it done.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back