Romney Campaign Memo: The Koch Brothers Are The ‘Financial Engine Of The Tea Party’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lakhota, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,016
  2. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    And retards expect me to believe that the Tea Party is mostly a grassroots movement, yeah right, with billionaires financing you, :rolleyes:

3. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196

Actually no one gives the first damn about what you think so save your faux outrage.

4. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,070
    No more than I believe that OWS is a "grassroots" movement.

but the story is interesting, in that Romney clearly sees the TEA movement as a force he needs to defeat.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    he does need to. the rest of the GOP needs to stop giving them credence. they're only a small percentage of the party and they've been given a pass far beyond their numbers. that is, at least in part, due to where their funding is coming from. The problem is that the GOP thought they could channel the energy so let them get a foothold. then their creation turned on them.

OWS appears to be a grassroots movement. that doesn't mean that others' don't jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  6. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    Well by golly we all know if THINKPROGRESS says it's true, then it damn sure MUST BE..

:lol::lol::lol:

7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,070

I would say they are about half the party right now, which is pretty good given the way their been demonized by the Mainstream Media.

Hey, you know what I never heard about at Tea Party rallies.

Never heard reports of fights with police.

People defacating in public.

People having orgies in public.

Reports of rape.

Homeless people looking for handouts.

I guess that's the advantage of being supported by billionaires, you can get porta-potties.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    the tea party is about THIRTY percent of the party. the same deadenders who thought bush was ok when his approval rating was at 28%.

as for your other complaints...

orgies? i hadn't heard about that.

arguments with police? well, tea rallies were older people there for a few hours. in any circumstances where people are someplace for a long time (remember standing on line for concerts?) things can happen.

you can't control a criminal joining in the group... the guy at least got caught for his two attacks and was arrested.

as for the police beating up on people, that happens when the company being protested makes a 4.6 million dollar donation to the police. and the police riot in oakland was inexcusable. i'm kind of funny about not blaming victims for being victimized. same as i blame the shooters in kent state for what they did.

you're dealing with massive numbers of people here. it isn't endemic to the movement.

9. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,070
    More like half...

Republicans Divided on Support for the Tea Party Movement « Poll Watch Daily

Forty-nine percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say they support the tea party movement or are active members. But another 51 percent say they have no feelings one way or another...

Frankly, I think most Americans agree with the TEA movement than they know.

Most of us think the government doesn't spend our money smartly.

Most of us think we are paying too much in taxes.

Most of us want the government to do less, not more.

Most of us think that debt is too high.

Meanwhile, OWS, as far as I can see, is falling into the same trap that the anti-War protesters fell into in 1968. They start out with a popular and defensible premise (that Wall Street's behavior has been unacceptable) and have expanded it to attacking the very institutions of society.

Sorry, those police you denounce are working class, union members who are just their doing their jobs, and they probably don't have a lot of patience for some young punks who don't want to pay back their student loans.

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,745
    Bill O'Reilly had a liberal lady on just the other day. who claimed that the Koch brothers funded the Tea Party. She said it with such authority. He asked her if she could prove that statement and leave not a shadow of doubt. She tried to duck the question, to waffle and weave.. and finally she stammered "Not with check in hand but....." and then he just politiely told her.. You got nothing..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I'm going to file your unsubstantiated claims that the Koch brothers funded the Tea Party in the same place Mr. O'Reilly filed Leslie's.. Thanks for playing though.