Romney Campaign Memo: The Koch Brothers Are The ‘Financial Engine Of The Tea Party’

And retards expect me to believe that the Tea Party is mostly a grassroots movement, yeah right, with billionaires financing you, :rolleyes:

And retards expect me to believe that the Tea Party is mostly a grassroots movement, yeah right, with billionaires financing you, :rolleyes:

No more than I believe that OWS is a "grassroots" movement.

but the story is interesting, in that Romney clearly sees the TEA movement as a force he needs to defeat.

he does need to. the rest of the GOP needs to stop giving them credence. they're only a small percentage of the party and they've been given a pass far beyond their numbers. that is, at least in part, due to where their funding is coming from. The problem is that the GOP thought they could channel the energy so let them get a foothold. then their creation turned on them.

OWS appears to be a grassroots movement. that doesn't mean that others' don't jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited:
Well by golly we all know if THINKPROGRESS says it's true, then it damn sure MUST BE..

:lol::lol::lol:

but the story is interesting, in that Romney clearly sees the TEA movement as a force he needs to defeat.

he does need to. the rest of the GOP needs to stop giving them credence. they're only a small percentage of the party and they've been given a pass far beyond their numbers. that is, at least in part, due to where their funding is coming from. The problem is that the GOP thought they could channel the energy so let them get a foothold. then their creation turned on them.

OWS appears to be a grassroots movement. that doesn't mean that others' don't jump on the bandwagon.

I would say they are about half the party right now, which is pretty good given the way their been demonized by the Mainstream Media.

Hey, you know what I never heard about at Tea Party rallies.

Never heard reports of fights with police.

People defacating in public.

People having orgies in public.

Reports of rape.

Homeless people looking for handouts.

I guess that's the advantage of being supported by billionaires, you can get porta-potties.

I would say they are about half the party right now, which is pretty good given the way their been demonized by the Mainstream Media.

Hey, you know what I never heard about at Tea Party rallies.

Never heard reports of fights with police.

People defacating in public.

People having orgies in public.

Reports of rape.

Homeless people looking for handouts.

I guess that's the advantage of being supported by billionaires, you can get porta-potties.

the tea party is about THIRTY percent of the party. the same deadenders who thought bush was ok when his approval rating was at 28%.

as for your other complaints...

orgies? i hadn't heard about that.

arguments with police? well, tea rallies were older people there for a few hours. in any circumstances where people are someplace for a long time (remember standing on line for concerts?) things can happen.

you can't control a criminal joining in the group... the guy at least got caught for his two attacks and was arrested.

as for the police beating up on people, that happens when the company being protested makes a 4.6 million dollar donation to the police. and the police riot in oakland was inexcusable. i'm kind of funny about not blaming victims for being victimized. same as i blame the shooters in kent state for what they did.

you're dealing with massive numbers of people here. it isn't endemic to the movement.

More like half...

Republicans Divided on Support for the Tea Party Movement « Poll Watch Daily

Forty-nine percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say they support the tea party movement or are active members. But another 51 percent say they have no feelings one way or another...

Frankly, I think most Americans agree with the TEA movement than they know.

Most of us think the government doesn't spend our money smartly.

Most of us think we are paying too much in taxes.

Most of us want the government to do less, not more.

Most of us think that debt is too high.

Meanwhile, OWS, as far as I can see, is falling into the same trap that the anti-War protesters fell into in 1968. They start out with a popular and defensible premise (that Wall Street's behavior has been unacceptable) and have expanded it to attacking the very institutions of society.

Sorry, those police you denounce are working class, union members who are just their doing their jobs, and they probably don't have a lot of patience for some young punks who don't want to pay back their student loans.

Bill O'Reilly had a liberal lady on just the other day. who claimed that the Koch brothers funded the Tea Party. She said it with such authority. He asked her if she could prove that statement and leave not a shadow of doubt. She tried to duck the question, to waffle and weave.. and finally she stammered "Not with check in hand but....." and then he just politiely told her.. You got nothing..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I'm going to file your unsubstantiated claims that the Koch brothers funded the Tea Party in the same place Mr. O'Reilly filed Leslie's.. Thanks for playing though.

When the lefties start whining and gnashing their teeth about George Soros MONEY in the Democrat party, then I'll try and give a damn about the Koch Brothers and who they are SUPPOSE to be supporting.

More like half...

Republicans Divided on Support for the Tea Party Movement « Poll Watch Daily

Forty-nine percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say they support the tea party movement or are active members. But another 51 percent say they have no feelings one way or another...

Frankly, I think most Americans agree with the TEA movement than they know.

Most of us think the government doesn't spend our money smartly.

Most of us think we are paying too much in taxes.

Most of us want the government to do less, not more.

Most of us think that debt is too high.

Meanwhile, OWS, as far as I can see, is falling into the same trap that the anti-War protesters fell into in 1968. They start out with a popular and defensible premise (that Wall Street's behavior has been unacceptable) and have expanded it to attacking the very institutions of society.

Sorry, those police you denounce are working class, union members who are just their doing their jobs, and they probably don't have a lot of patience for some young punks who don't want to pay back their student loans.

That doesn't just include republicans, it includes "republican leaning independents as well". i'd expect that to skew the numbers some.

regardless...

most of you didn't give a damn when bush was running up the deficit and running two wars on our credit card.

you only started shrieking and yelling about "take back [our] country after a black democrat won a lawful election. you didn't even see that type of hysteria after the court appointed bush to the presidency in 2000.

the police are what they are. like any other armed force, some are good at what they do, some, not so much. do you deny that chase paid the NYPD 4.6 million? you shouldn't. it was on chase's website.

the agenda of the tea party would sicken the original tea partiers... who dumped the tea in the water because they didn't want to support the monopoly of the east india trading co. the thought of corporatists funding the tea partiers would have been incomprehensible to them.

the problem with the tea party is it's anti middle class. it's pro corporatist. you're never going to get more than the "starve government until you can drown it in a bathtub" grover norquist types.

tea people hate unions and support policies that are gutting our police and fire departments and public education.

Bill O'Reilly had a liberal lady on just the other day. who claimed that the Koch brothers funded the Tea Party. She said it with such authority. He asked her if she could prove that statement and leave not a shadow of doubt. She tried to duck the question, to waffle and weave.. and finally she stammered "Not with check in hand but....." and then he just politiely told her.. You got nothing..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I'm going to file your unsubstantiated claims that the Koch brothers funded the Tea Party in the same place Mr. O'Reilly filed Leslie's.. Thanks for playing though.

Yeah....I saw that clip! Ed Schultz had it and was making fun of O'Reilly with it. O'Reilly told the planted "liberal lady" that they don't make unsubstantiated claims on FOX......shame on her!

You will believe anything. Bill O knows that.

Obama has run up more debt in his 3 years than Bush ran up in all 8 of his, with two wars, when you are expected to run up debts.

Personally, I've said here that I thought what happened in 2000 was wrong. But you know what, the Democrats didn't propose the next logical step, which would be to abolish the Electoral College. Instead, they sought to manipulate the bad system the next time.

Can't complain about immorality on your way to the strip joint.

I agree, Corporate greed is a big problem. But government waste, overregulation, and intrusiveness is a bigger one. When the CEO of Coca-Cola says that Communist China has a more friendly business environment than the US, that's a problem.

Now, for unions, I grew up in a union house. But frankly, I look at union jobs like rent controlled apartments. Really great if you luck into one, but there's no good reason for them. Unions, and especially public sector unions, just keep dead-enders in jobs when there are people who could do a better job for less money.

So we get unionized teachers, and 20% of HS graduates can't read their diplomas, and that any thinks this is a job well done is deluded.

Obama has run up more debt in his 3 years than Bush ran up in all 8 of his, with two wars, when you are expected to run up debts.
Personally, I've said here that I thought what happened in 2000 was wrong. But you know what, the Democrats didn't propose the next logical step, which would be to abolish the Electoral College. Instead, they sought to manipulate the bad system the next time.

Can't complain about immorality on your way to the strip joint.

I agree, Corporate greed is a big problem. But government waste, overregulation, and intrusiveness is a bigger one. When the CEO of Coca-Cola says that Communist China has a more friendly business environment than the US, that's a problem.

Now, for unions, I grew up in a union house. But frankly, I look at union jobs like rent controlled apartments. Really great if you luck into one, but there's no good reason for them. Unions, and especially public sector unions, just keep dead-enders in jobs when there are people who could do a better job for less money.

So we get unionized teachers, and 20% of HS graduates can't read their diplomas, and that any thinks this is a job well done is deluded.

Do you think repeating that so often will absolve you of the need to discuss the circumstances under which the spending took place? I'd like to think that you are aware of the dishonest nature of this comment rather than think you are too stupid to know better.

Do you think repeating that so often will absolve you of the need to discuss the circumstances under which the spending took place? I'd like to think that you are aware of the dishonest nature of this comment rather than think you are too stupid to know better.

Last time I checked, we were attacked... Sorry, man, you can look it up.

And given that you think that Reverand Wright was totally cool saying "GOD DAMN AMERICA!" in a church, you don't have a lot of credibility on much of anything.

When the lefties start whining and gnashing their teeth about George Soros MONEY in the Democrat party, then I'll try and give a damn about the Koch Brothers and who they are SUPPOSE to be supporting.

You know that's different don't you?? It doesn't matter where THEIR money comes from! And it doesn't matter that more than half of the richest people in Congress are democrats...
The White house isn't even speaking out about the protests...i'm really starting to believe that they actually support what's going on! They want people at eachother's throats.

Good point.

THe Koch brothers made their money making things. Some of them are in your house right now.

Soros made his money undermining country's economies and cashing in when their currency collapses.

hell, Soros got his start hiding his Jewish identity and robbing his fellow Jews when the Nazis took them off to the camps. Swell guy.

You missed my point. Not a shock.

And.....then you deflected. Also not a shock.

Oddly, the basis for your failure to understand the facts IN BOTH CASES is your unwillingness to consider all of the facts/context. This happens when people cherry-pick words and data in order to form a case for a pre-determined point of view.

BTW, I think you have exceeded your limit for posts submitted without discussing mormonism.

You missed my point. Not a shock.

And.....then you deflected. Also not a shock.

Oddly, the basis for your failure to understand the facts IN BOTH CASES is your unwillingness to consider all of the facts/context. This happens when people cherry-pick words and data in order to form a case for a pre-determined point of view.

BTW, I think you have exceeded your limit for posts submitted without discussing mormonism.

I discuss Mormonism when it's relevent.

When I am discussing liars who think that crazy ministers shreiking about God Damn America and how the US government caused AIDS is perfectly acceptable to be a president's pastor, I do that to.

And when I point out that the 4.5 trillion that Obama ran up in new debt in three years is much greater than the 4 trillion that Bush ran up in 8 years where we at war, that's just what it is, man.

The Obamas have been livin' large on our credit card. Living large, living large. I heard they are going to pimp out Air Force One with spinners.

Forum List

Back