Romney Campaign Forbids Reporter From Asking About Todd Akin, Abortion

Why are they running from this guy? Didn't they put the "Akin Amendment" into their Party Platform?

I for one am thrilled to know that Obama said if he could have a super power, he would wishes he could fly..... :thup:

Akin misspoke? The man gave a whole medical rundown on the process of rape and pregnancy. He sounded like a doctor from the Mayo Clinic. Now the Republicans are taking the Fifth because this topic which they spoke so freely about to their conservative audiences isn't playing too well in Peoria. When a politician won't speak to reporters you know something is dramatically wrong.

He didn't mis-speak. Akin said what he thought was right. His is the party that rejects global warming, thinks college is for snobs, and rejects nearly all science. His view is right in line with many in the GOP; total ignorance of science. I'm sure many think that the tropical storm Issac is hitting Florida due to there being a GLBT day at Disney World.

As for the Governor; he did what he should have done; set some ground rules and dodge the issue--there is no upside for him in this....he's already lost the women's vote.

oh blaa blaa
stop being a parrot

Okay, where was the mis-statement? Surely he wasn't just making up doctors who claim a woman can "shut that down". Or was it the "legitimate" word that was mis-spoken?

C'mon, you want to go there...I'm with you. Lets examine the statement and you can tell me where he mis-spoke.

They're afraid of losing the small percentage of women he retains.

All it will take is one reporter to bring it up with the cameras rolling and the Governor will either:

Get up and leave; torpedo in the side of his bid

Bobble up an answer that doesn't say anything; given his utter failure at such things in the past...another torpedo

Answer the question forcibly and surprise everyone. I don't think he has it in himself to take a stand because it will contradict his previous stances.

Boy, I hope some reporter musters the cajones to do that. Its not like they'll be wanting to interview him after he loses anyway...no risk situation for the reporter.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Thread
Now we know why-when President Obama deigns to talk to the media-he chooses local outlets and venues such as Entertainment Tonight and People magazine. He can overawe them by the chance to talk to a President and he can script the questions they will ask him. So not only do we have photo-ops but also phony interviews. From veteran WH reporter Keith Koffler in a column titled "White House Sets Ground Rules for Local Interviews": The White House is doing something with its local TV interviews that it could not easily

Romney is flexible in his beliefs, some say he lies but he just wants to know which way the wind is blowing. If this Akin thing continues, Romney just might come out with praise for Roe v. Wade, The question then becomes, how flexible is Ryan? And finally, how flexible is Limbaugh?

If there is any one who governs by polling data it's your Messiah, Owebambo.

All it will take is one reporter to bring it up with the cameras rolling and the Governor will either:

Bobble up an answer that doesn't say anything; given his utter failure at such things in the past...another torpedo

Answer the question forcibly and surprise everyone. I don't think he has it in himself to take a stand because it will contradict his previous stances.

Boy, I hope some reporter musters the cajones to do that. Its not like they'll be wanting to interview him after he loses anyway...no risk situation for the reporter.

lol, Romney already made a statement...you all can keep wishing this Atkin thing is going to help Obama
and we saw how you all reacted when some reporter mustered the cajones to "interrupt" your dear leader, all hell broke lose..
hypocrites,

Obama Campaign Officials Ban Journalists From Interviewing Voters At Rally
Obama campaign officials barred a Pennsylvania reporter from talking to people who were in line to attend an Obama rally.

The reporter, Dave Davies, wrote that “during the two-hour wait for the rally to begin, I wanted to talk to some of the supporters attending the event,” but was told, “You can't be interviewing people in line,” by an Obama campaign official.

You're suck a troll! Any reporter still asking him about it, is a partisan hack that doesn't deserve a response. Romney and Ryan denounced what he said and Akin himself right away and nothing more needs to be said.

Liberal reporters now what to use it as a distraction! Good for Romney for wanting to talk about what is important - THE ECONOMY!!!!

Neg

]

You don't think this is an important, issue, too?

if this is no big deal, why do we have a plank in the GOP Platform that calls for banning all abortions, even those for rape and incest.

Why not just have a platform that is about Romney's economic ideas, which are the same economic ideas of George W. Bush- More free trade, more tax cuts for the wealthy, less regulation

White House Press Corps Bristles As Obama Limits Access
Journalists are starting to notice that the President is being very selective in the kind of media he’s allowing himself to be exposed to, and especially the fact that he seems to be spending a lot of time talking to “soft” media while avoiding anything resembling a format White House Press Conference, the last of which was two months ago:

“I hate the fact that they have made me worry more about access than reporting. Why build a press briefing room if the president isn’t going to brief the press?” NBC News chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd told POLITICO, who said the White House’s disregard for the press has “reached a new low.” “Both campaigns say the press doesn’t cover them seriously. But the more they cordon us off, the harder it is for us to report on the issues.”

“I know that defenders of the president will say the White House press corps is just being whiny. But the bottom line is presidents set precedents,” Tapper told POLITICO. “So President Romney, or Ryan, or whomever the next Republican president will be, will be able to use President Obama as a benchmark. And today’s defenders of today’s president may not find tomorrow’s president’s avoidance of questions not about chili or fave songs as acceptable.”

Obama Campaign Orders Reporters to Limit Bidenism Tweets
The Obama campaign is seeking to mitigate the damage that human gaffe machine Joe Biden can do in an increasingly tight election. The Vice President has demanded that reporters in all press conferences and conference calls embargo their tweets until the session has ended and the campaign has had a chance to respond to questions.

Why would the Obama campaign request reporters can their Bidenisms?

Obama tries to steer conversation in interviews with reporters

President Obama has limited his number of White House press conferences, which pose the peril of unexpected and uncomfortable questions, but a string of interviews Monday with local reporters has raised eyebrows over suggestions the president had steered the conversation to preferred topics.

“Mr. President, I know we were asked to talk about sequestration today,” Donna Deegan, the reporter from FCN-TV Jacksonville, said before posing an opening question about senior health care. Deegan later said, “Let’s talk a little bit about sequestration, because I know that’s why you invited us here.”

lol, Romney already made a statement...you all can keep wishing this Atkin thing is going to help Obama
and we saw how you all reacted when some reporter mustered the cajones to "interrupt" your dear leader, all hell broke lose..
hypocrites,

It would be fun to watch the Governor 's reaction none the less.

Forum List

Back