Romney Campaign Forbids Reporter From Asking About Todd Akin, Abortion

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
:eusa_whistle:

Mitt Romney Campaign Forbids Reporter From Asking About Todd Akin, Abortion

A Denver reporter granted a one-on-one interview with Mitt Romney Thursday said she was instructed not to ask him any questions about abortion or Rep. Todd Akin's (R-Mo.) controversial comments about victims of "legitimate rape."

Shaun Boyd, a reporter for Denver CBS affiliate KCNC, was one of four local reporters to speak with Romney, according to the newscast. She said on air that the Romney campaign had set pre-conditions before allowing her to interview the candidate.

"You know, I had about five minutes with him, and we got through a fair amount of material, actually, in that five minutes," Boyd said on-air. "The one stipulation to the interview was that I not ask him about abortion or Todd Akin -– he’s the Missouri Republican who created a firestorm after saying women’s bodies shut down in a legitimate rape to prevent pregnancy. I did ask him about health care, the female vote, and energy."

• Banned
They're afraid of losing the small percentage of women he retains.

Yup. They'll have to talk about it eventually. And it's going to take more than Ryan saying, "Rape is rape is rape" repeatedly.

You're suck a troll! Any reporter still asking him about it, is a partisan hack that doesn't deserve a response. Romney and Ryan denounced what he said and Akin himself right away and nothing more needs to be said.

Liberal reporters now what to use it as a distraction! Good for Romney for wanting to talk about what is important - THE ECONOMY!!!!

Neg

:eusa_whistle:

Mitt Romney Campaign Forbids Reporter From Asking About Todd Akin, Abortion

A Denver reporter granted a one-on-one interview with Mitt Romney Thursday said she was instructed not to ask him any questions about abortion or Rep. Todd Akin's (R-Mo.) controversial comments about victims of "legitimate rape."

Shaun Boyd, a reporter for Denver CBS affiliate KCNC, was one of four local reporters to speak with Romney, according to the newscast. She said on air that the Romney campaign had set pre-conditions before allowing her to interview the candidate.

"You know, I had about five minutes with him, and we got through a fair amount of material, actually, in that five minutes," Boyd said on-air. "The one stipulation to the interview was that I not ask him about abortion or Todd Akin -– he’s the Missouri Republican who created a firestorm after saying women’s bodies shut down in a legitimate rape to prevent pregnancy. I did ask him about health care, the female vote, and energy."

Atkins said he misspoke, apologized and THEY are still going on about this

He would have to be a Robert Byrd and be a member of the KKK for liberals to FORGIVE anyone

• Banned
You're suck a troll! Any reporter still asking him about it, is a partisan hack that doesn't deserve a response. Romney and Ryan denounced what he said and Akin himself right away and nothing more needs to be said.

Liberal reporters now what to use it as a distraction! Good for Romney for wanting to talk about what is important - THE ECONOMY!!!!

Any reporter who dares ask Mittens about front page news involving a politician from his own party and his own running mate, is a partisan hack?

:lol:

Speaking of partisan hacks, you and the rest of the USMB wingnut brigade take the cake. You cry about the so-called liberal media supposedly giving Obama a pass on the tough questions and cheer when Romney demands that the same reporters not ask him the tough questions.

And a neg to you as well, dumb ass.

• Banned
The reporter should have asked him anyway. The shot of Romney pulling off his mic and storming off camera would have been priceless.

Ryan is doing the same thing. They both say "we want to have this debate" but then run from questions.

A while ago, saw footage of Ryan .... VERY funny when the woman who was introducing him said '... the congressman will answer questions to the media after ...' and he interrupted her, saying that no, he would not talking to media.

Why do they think they can ask us to vote for them when they continue to lie and hide everything?

And of course, both are refusing to say that they actually agree with Akin in spite of the FACT that Ryan partnered with Akin. Ryan has yet to address that and is obviously scared to.

Another funny bit was Ryan saying that he has experience in foreign policy because he has voted to send our military into (illegal and unnecessary) war. Next he'll be telling us he can see some foreign country from his kitchen window.

OTOH, Mittens has foreign policy experience because he dodged the draft and hid out in the lap of luxury in France.

What cowards. I hope the media hounds them on these unanswered questions (including they're hiding of their tax returns) but so far, they have both stonewalled on everything.

All the more reason to insist they come clean.

White House Sets Ground Rules for Local Interviews | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

...The reporters mostly made no effort to hide the arrangement. “The president invited me to talk about sequestration,” NBC 7 San Diego’s reporter told her audience. In the interview, she set Obama up with a perfectly pitched softball the president couldn’t have been more eager to take a swing at:

“What do you want individual San Diegans to know about sequestration?” she asked.

Donna Deegan of FCN Jacksonville initially seemed to apologize for not broaching the appointed subject right away.

“Mr. President, I know we were asked to talk about sequestration today,” she said, but then added she wanted to talk about something else first. Finally, she got to it:

“Let’s talk a little bit about sequestration, because I know that’s why you invited us here,” she said...

It's ok when Obama does it, not ok when Romney does it. Got it, thanks.

Atkins said he misspoke, apologized and THEY are still going on about this

He would have to be a Robert Byrd and be a member of the KKK for liberals to FORGIVE anyone

Multiple choice question for stephanie:

Robert Bryd --
(a) recanted and abandoned the KKK any MANY years ago
(b) is not running for president of the United States
(c) is DEAD
(d) all of the above
(e) PROVE that anyone here has said they "forgive" Byrd

Don't worry, twit, we'll wait.

Oh yeah, and please do get the name of the ignorant little bastard who hates women and knows nothing about them.

Never mind - that's the whole damn GObP/pub/pot, rw's.

damn whiny assed Reporter..

waaa, Romney already made a statement on Atkin but he wouldn't let me go on and on about him

Do you see them hound Obama like they do any Republicans?

No they ask him what kind of friggen superhero he seems himself as

It's ok when Obama does it, not ok when Romney does it. Got it, thanks.

Obama has refused to answer any questions at all for a couple of months. I'm actually quite grateful... the less he responds, the less he lies. :lol:

Liars.

In point of fact, I watched him answer questions to the press a couple of days ago.

We keep telling you fools to watch/read the news but oh noooooo - All you watch is fux so you never know what is really going on in the world.

Neg

De Nile is not just a river in Egypt. :eusa_whistle:

"while the nation remains so divided, he (Romney) believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade"

Values

Neg

De Nile is not just a river in Egypt. :eusa_whistle:

"while the nation remains so divided, he (Romney) believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade"

Values

And, uh, maybe the rw's don't know that ryan voted WITH Akin on abortion. I mean, its not the kind of thing that fux would report so its pretty likely THEY HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE.

:)

Forum List

Back