Romney Camp Defends Poor Jobs Record: He Inherited A Bad Situation

Wait, LOLberals are finding it interesting that Romney is making excuses for bad performance? Where have I heard this song and dance efore...could it be Obama's 3 1/2 years of blaming "the bad situation he inherited" from Bush?

Talk about partisan blinders.

BTW -GOVERNMENT doesn't create jobs. (To say nothing of the fact the kinds of jobs Obama talks about creating are more PUBLIC sector jobs which are not true jobs but more drain on government coffers!! We need PRIVATE sector jobs by the MILLIONS

More wrong headed bullshit. You need to talk to Lindsay Graham (you know, the Repub Senator from SC) cause he is crying his eyes out about how SC will lose all those jobs if the military cuts are brought about. Jobs that are created by the US guvmint. You know like feeding troops. Repairing facilities, moving fuel, maintaining aircraft and vehicles. Etc etc.

A lot of other Rethugs are crying about the military budget cuts and how those cuts will effect private sector jobs.

How could that be, you know, with you saying the guvmint doesn't create any private sector jobs?

I'll say it again just because it is totally true. GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CREATE JOBS. Government has no money that it does not steal from the private sector to "create" anything. Therefore, it is the PRIVATE taxpayers who "create" the "jobs" of the public sector. Whether that is military, or some other public "job".

At this point, the outlays far exceed the revenue of the government. Therefore they are "borrowing" money in order to "create" anything.

I listened to the Romney surrogate and laugher my ass off when he talked about the "bad situation" that Romney inheirited when he came to office. I LMAO.

You got to really like it that Romney folks are ALREADY making excuses about why a Romney Presidency would be a termendous failure.

Of course it would be all Obama's fault.

Public sector jobs ARE still jobs and the people in those jobs DO pay taxes. They also buy shit which further stimulates our economy. The unemployment rate would be lower if we hadn't lost over 600,000 public sector jobs since President Obama took office. This is a FACT.

BTW -GOVERNMENT doesn't create jobs. (To say nothing of the fact the kinds of jobs Obama talks about creating are more PUBLIC sector jobs which are not true jobs but more drain on government coffers!! We need PRIVATE sector jobs by the MILLIONS

More wrong headed bullshit. You need to talk to Lindsay Graham (you know, the Repub Senator from SC) cause he is crying his eyes out about how SC will lose all those jobs if the military cuts are brought about. Jobs that are created by the US guvmint. You know like feeding troops. Repairing facilities, moving fuel, maintaining aircraft and vehicles. Etc etc.

A lot of other Rethugs are crying about the military budget cuts and how those cuts will effect private sector jobs.

How could that be, you know, with you saying the guvmint doesn't create any private sector jobs?

It's funny..

I've had threads about government not spending tax payer dollars in the private sector and line item tax returns.

The howls from the righties around here were incredible.

Spending only counts when it's spending on things they don't like.

I listened to the Romney surrogate and laugher my ass off when he talked about the "bad situation" that Romney inheirited when he came to office. I LMAO.

You got to really like it that Romney folks are ALREADY making excuses about why a Romney Presidency would be a termendous failure.

Actually, it would STILL be Bush's fault...

Public sector jobs ARE still jobs and the people in those jobs DO pay taxes. They also buy shit which further stimulates our economy. The unemployment rate would be lower if we hadn't lost over 600,000 public sector jobs since President Obama took office. This is a FACT.

In order to pay those public workers, there needs to be private money confiscation. There happens to be a dry up of private funds because govt. is killing the golden goose. So you want the federal, state and local govt.s 600,000 public jobs worth of dole in the red on top of the already 1.3 trillion in deficit spending?

LOLberals, they never seize to amaze. Never.

Largest employer in the USA is the USA guvmint. Largest employer in the area I live in is a military air base. M1 tanks are built in my state. Lots of jobs. Pretty good paying jobs. Jobs that allow peole to pay their bills and live.

You support cutting the shit out of the military budget to eliminate these jobs? Repubs don't. Matter of fact, they want to spend MORE money on the military to create more jobs in the states they represent.

Contact your Senator and tell him no fuking way.

Quote: Originally Posted by zeke

From what I can tell, the Rethugs have already forgot there ever was a George Bush as President.

Went from Clinton to Obama, with nothing but a big void (George's brain) for eight long suffering years.

The defense budget should be slashed by 2/3 considering it isn't our country all that weaponry and man power seem to be protecting. It seems they are protecting their own interests by growing bigger and bigger at the expense of taxpayers. Not to mention the expense of other nations sovereignty.

In order to pay those public workers, there needs to be private money confiscation. There happens to be a dry up of private funds because govt. is killing the golden goose. So you want the federal, state and local govt.s 600,000 public jobs worth of dole in the red on top of the already 1.3 trillion in deficit spending?

Fire a person but don't stop building a bomb? Sorry, but there are cuts that can be made that don't mean decimating the public sector. There used to be four people doing the same job I do, now there is one. That means that vital services are delayed or dropped entirely. This is not good for our country and it's certainly not good for the voters of my county.

You do realize that most of these jobs losses were NOT in the federal government don't you?

The defense budget should be slashed by 2/3 considering it isn't our country all that weaponry and man power seem to be protecting. It seems they are protecting their own interests by growing bigger and bigger at the expense of taxpayers. Not to mention the expense of other nations sovereignty.

You know what? Sometimes you make sense. Thanks for not confirming by bias.

Quote: Originally Posted by zeke

From what I can tell, the Rethugs have already forgot there ever was a George Bush as President.

Went from Clinton to Obama, with nothing but a big void (George's brain) for eight long suffering years.

HA! They don't even say his name anymore...now he's "the predecessor". :lol:

And if you cut the defense spending by 2/3rds in one year..the American economy would go reeling. You'd have to replace that with something..either infrastructure spending or tech.

Private industry doesn't do what government does. And it's not for lack of trying. There was a time in NYC when the subways were private, sanitation was private, police and fire departments were private or semi private. It didn't work. There was no profit in it..but there was a public need.

You mean i make sense when you agree? Gee, that's new.

Government can create lots of jobs. All they have to do is get out of the way. Cut hiring taxes, cut minimum wage standards, regulations, payroll taxes, etc.....

You mean constitutionally mandated taxation.

Look..if you guys don't like government..move into a nation started and maintained by private industry.

Oh wait..you can't..because it's never ever happened.

And if you cut the defense spending by 2/3rds in one year..the American economy would go reeling. You'd have to replace that with something..either infrastructure spending or tech.

Private industry doesn't do what government does. And it's not for lack of trying. There was a time in NYC when the subways were private, sanitation was private, police and fire departments were private or semi private. It didn't work. There was no profit in it..but there was a public need.

Spoken like a true LOLberal. The idea of cutting the military spending would be to actually balance a budget. At least actually TRY. You are right though, if it is the only measure taken, it will not get a desired result. Cuts on lots of other govt. expenditures, along with tax cuts to spur private growth would all be needed.

Not that it matters, it will never happen here until is absolutely has to. By then, we'll be in economic ruin anyway.

Government can create lots of jobs. All they have to do is get out of the way. Cut hiring taxes, cut minimum wage standards, regulations, payroll taxes, etc.....

What else should they get out of the way on?

If a plant goes on strike..would you like them out of the way on that?

How about if miners shut down a coal mine? Out of the way there too?

How about if a guy opens street stand selling books outside of Barnes and Noble? Out of the way there too?

How about if a company makes a product that is the exact duplicate of what a larger company already makes? Out of the way there too?

How about if a guy opens up a fruit stand in front of a Super Market? Out of the way there too?

You guys are funnah! :lol:

Forum List

Back