Romney calls out Obama's cartoon mentality

Why do I find it ironic that all these talking heads live and work and prosper in government or because of government: government as law, rules, structure, support and enforcement? Romney doesn't think government is a bad thing, he merely thinks he knows best how to work government. What a strange hypocrisy that the same people who criticize government live in it, but like children in adolescence, think they know what's best for it. It must support their values and goals only, for if it supports all people or the national interest it is bad. Get government off their back and into their pocket should be their motto. In charge they fluck up as W proved.

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

"The unity of Government, which constitutes you one people, is also now dear to you. It is justly so; for it is a main pillar in the edifice of your real independence, the support of your tranquillity at home, your peace abroad; of your safety; of your prosperity; of that very Liberty, which you so highly prize. But as it is easy to foresee, that, from different causes and from different quarters, much pains will be taken, many artifices employed, to weaken in your minds the conviction of this truth; as this is the point in your political fortress against which the batteries of internal and external enemies will be most constantly and actively (though often covertly and insidiously) directed, it is of infinite moment, that you should properly estimate the immense value of your national Union to your collective and individual happiness; that you should cherish a cordial, habitual, and immovable attachment to it; accustoming yourselves to think and speak of it as of the Palladium of your political safety and prosperity; watching for its preservation with jealous anxiety; discountenancing whatever may suggest even a suspicion, that it can in any event be abandoned; and indignantly frowning upon the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest, or to enfeeble the sacred ties which now link together the various parts." Quote DB :: Speeches :: George Washington :: George Washington's Farewell Address Speech

Romney introduced his own cartoon character named "Julio".

Julio is hired to do the yardwork at Romney's mansion, until Romney decides to run for office and decides he can't have illegals for Pete's Sake.

What has Obama done to stem illegal immigration? If you say create a bad economy so they migrate away then I'll give you partial credit. :lol: Seriously JoeB; have a little more integrity and don't cherrypick issues.

I don't care about illegals and neither should you. If you have a job that an illegal is seriously competing for, you're kind of pathetic to start with.

I just point out Romney's hypocrisy on this issue. He's all against illegals when he's trying to get bigots and racists to vote for him, but he'll happily use their labor- until he gets caught, for Pete's Sake.

So you're saying it's dishonorable to have low wage job? You're saying that national borders should not be respected? You're saying your willing to harp on Romney's alleged hypocrisy while ignoring a slew of Obama lies? You're willing to harp on his alleged hypocrisy while Obama spits on the Constitution? You're willing to pretend that people that want order are racists? You couldn't be more partisan.

What has Obama done to stem illegal immigration? If you say create a bad economy so they migrate away then I'll give you partial credit. :lol: Seriously JoeB; have a little more integrity and don't cherrypick issues.

I don't care about illegals and neither should you. If you have a job that an illegal is seriously competing for, you're kind of pathetic to start with.

I just point out Romney's hypocrisy on this issue. He's all against illegals when he's trying to get bigots and racists to vote for him, but he'll happily use their labor- until he gets caught, for Pete's Sake.

So you're saying it's dishonorable to have low wage job? You're saying that national borders should not be respected? You're saying your willing to harp on Romney's alleged hypocrisy while ignoring a slew of Obama lies? You're willing to harp on his alleged hypocrisy while Obama spits on the Constitution? You're willing to pretend that people that want order are racists? You couldn't be more partisan.

Do you have some kind of reading comprehension problem?

Nope, not saying it's dishonorable. Just saying that I find it amusing when people who pass themselves off as professionals with great qualifications act like they are really threatened by someone who takes a job most Americans wouldn't want.

And, yeah, the thing is, sensible republicans like George W. Bush and John McCain and even Rick Perry saw past the racism of the Minutemen, who are racists despite all their mewling about borders, but the Minutemen won the argument within the party. And lost Hispanics for a couple generations.

The fact is, we would have an illegal problem if rich assholes didn't hire them because they didn't want to pay an American a fair wage to do low-skill, unpleasent jobs. Rich assholes like Mitt Romney and Meg Whitman.

So I find it amusing that they cheat you out of a fair wage and then play on your racism to get your vote.

How does it feel to be a chump?

Forum List

Back