Romney calls on Gingrich to release House Ethics report

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
The Hill ^ | 01/20/12 12:28 PM ET | Cameron Joseph

GILBERT, S.C. — Mitt Romney and a top surrogate called for Newt Gingrich, Romney's chief rival for the Republican presidential nomination, to release the House Ethics Committee report that led to a reprimand of Gingrich and a $300,000 fine.

After Romney was pressed on his tax returns, Gov. Nikki Haley (R-S.C.) stepped in and interrupted Romney.

"The people of South Carolina are not talking about tax returns. They're not. They're talking about jobs, spending and the economy," she said before taking a shot at Gingrich, who is neck and neck with Romney in recent polls of South Carolina.

"In all honesty, I've heard more people wondering why you guys aren't asking about Ethics reports and ethics problems with the Gingrich campaign."

Romney then agreed with Haley that Gingrich should release the Ethics investigation immediately.

"Of course he should," Romney told reporters. "One of the issues that was raised last night by Rick Santorum was the fact that he was pushed out of the House by his fellow members. I think over 80 percent of Republican congressmen voted to reprimand the Speaker of the House, the first time in history. And Nancy Pelosi has the full record of that Ethics investigation. You know it's going to get out before the general election. Sure, he ought to get it out now."

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Romney calls on Gingrich to release House Ethics report - The Hill's Ballot Box

Wow, actually, it sounds kind of whiny and desperate.

Newt probably couldn't release the ethics report if he wanted to. Everyone else who was questioned, investigated, or testified in these probes (which once again, dismissed 83 out of 84 charges) would also have to agree to the release of these documents.

That's why Pelosi got into so much trouble when she threatened to release them a couple months ago.

We all know the house ethics report is coming out sooner or later, and lots more.

I think it would depend on whether or not Gingrich gets the nomination.

I also think the Democrats would have as much to lose as Newt did.

Let's keep in mind, they brought 84 charges against him over a four year period.

and 83 of them were dismissed. The one that wasn't - the one he paid the fine on- was later reviewed by the IRS and they found no wrongdoing.

The guy might even gain some sympathy when it comes out that this was a witchhunt by Fishface Pelosi...

They're both saying "Look at the other guy! Don't notice that I'm lying, cheating scum".

The real question is, WHY don't the rw voters demand a candidate they don't need to apologize for? Where is even ONE decent human being running for GObP/Repub president?

Maybe they can make an even swap. One ethics report for some tax returns.

Forum List

Back