Romney: Borrow Money From Your Parents

R

rdean

Mitt Romney is keeping his focus on the economy and encouraged young people to “take risks” to deal with a tough job market, even if it meant borrowing money from their parents, reports the New York Daily News. At a speech at Otterbein University in Ohio, Romney talked about how the owner of sandwich chain Jimmy John’s got started by borrowing $20,000 from his father.

“We've always encouraged young people: Take a shot, go for it. Take a risk, get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business,” Romney said.

Romney to students: borro money from parents, take risks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIa4VdtKlO0]Romney: Borrow Money From Your Parents - YouTube[/ame]

---------------------------------------------------

Why didn't we think of that? Borrow money from your parents. Now that Mitt says it, it's so obvious. Problem solved.

Why don't Republicans applaud Romney's brilliant strategy for starting a business?

When Romney suggested that young people borrow money from their parents he assumed (wrongly) that it would be paid back as he paid it back. Today's young are insulted that money be borrowed instead of given as a matter of right. They are highly insulted at the idea that they would have to pay it back.

When Romney suggested that young people borrow money from their parents he assumed (wrongly) that it would be paid back as he paid it back. Today's young are insulted that money be borrowed instead of given as a matter of right. They are highly insulted at the idea that they would have to pay it back.

Exactly, 30 years ago children respected their parents and everything else a lot more than they do today.

I worked 2 jobs to pay for my Education, I did not expect others to pay for it. The few dollars I ever borrowed from parents or a loan for some books one time, I paid back as agreed.

Hard Work, Pride, Respect has gone out the window, it seems today the mentality is gimme, gimme, gimme and then the Libs back it up with how much do you want "it is your right".... AGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Romney never started a business. Do you really think he paid his dad back for the two degrees he earned at Harvard?

Mitt Romney is keeping his focus on the economy and encouraged young people to “take risks” to deal with a tough job market, even if it meant borrowing money from their parents, reports the New York Daily News. At a speech at Otterbein University in Ohio, Romney talked about how the owner of sandwich chain Jimmy John’s got started by borrowing $20,000 from his father.

“We've always encouraged young people: Take a shot, go for it. Take a risk, get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business,” Romney said.

Romney to students: borro money from parents, take risks

Romney: Borrow Money From Your Parents - YouTube

---------------------------------------------------

Why didn't we think of that? Borrow money from your parents. Now that Mitt says it, it's so obvious. Problem solved.

And this was wrong, why?

New Topics

Forum List

Back