Romney blasted republicans. whats wrong now?

He's afraid to get called a racist....No more complicated than that.

well this was a stupid answer.

The truth is always racist to you people that want to cover someones ass(can't take criticism and thinks they're above it all). They're either equal or special. :eusa_shifty: If they're special, well, I'm going to disagree very loudly to say the least.:eusa_whistle:

maybe romney is just cowardly.

JAN CRAWFORD: Governor Romney, the Obama campaign is saying that you either committed a felony by lying to the SEC or you are lying to the American people about when you left Bain capital. What do you say to that?
GOV. MITT ROMNEY: Well, I think this kind of statement from the Obama team is really shocking, it's, it's ridiculous, and it's beneath the dignity of the presidency. Look we just had a report come out that millions of Americans remain unemployed. We have 8.2 percent unemployment. That's the 41st straight month we're above eight percent and the president's campaign comes out with these ridiculous charges that obviously every fact checker that looked at it has said it's absurd. And yet they keep on pushing it. I simply - I simply think the president has to recognize that this should be a campaign about the direction of the country, and these personal attacks have to stop.
CRAWFORD: But you say it's ridiculous. But why is there this discrepancy? You said you left Bain in 1999 yet Bain is listing you as CEO up until 2002, so why were you listed as CEO until 2002?
GOV. ROMNEY: The documents show that there's a difference between ownership, which is I owned shares in Bain, but I did not manage Bain. I left as everyone knows to go out and run the Olympics in February of 1999. I was full-time running the Olympics. I had no role whatsoever in the management of Bain after I went off to the Olympics. And that's been demonstrated by people who work at Bain, by all of the documents, but I still retained an ownership interest, I had the capacity if I were not on leave, if I were actually wanting to run the business to do so, but I did not. I left. And that's been demonstrated time and time again.
CRAWFORD: Even if you weren't making these daily managerial decisions, though, doesn't the buck stop with you?
GOV. ROMNEY: Actually when you leave an enterprise, when you have other people who are managing the enterprise, who take responsibility for all the investment decisions, who decide who's going to get hired and fired, who decide compensation decisions, they're the managers, they're the people running the business. I left the business and went off to run the Olympics, did that full time and after three years, when the Olympics were over, we arranged my departure officially from a retirement standpoint.

---
How is investing in ones business, cowardly? He didn't retire, but was off doing something else at the time. Not totally truthful, but lets look at the seriousness of what Obama has done as president. :eusa_shifty:

He's afraid to get called a racist....No more complicated than that.

The truth is always racist to you people that want to cover someones ass(can't take criticism and thinks they're above it all). They're either equal or special. :eusa_shifty: If they're special, well, I'm going to disagree very loudly to say the least.:eusa_whistle:

but you are a racist......

and dont assume things about me, you will end up ending a lot of crow.

Bull, Gingrich was hitting just as hard as he got.

He hit hard in one contest, resulting in a 12 point victory.

Jan. 21, 2012
Newt Gingrich defeated Mitt Romney today to win today's South Carolina primary, boosted by a fiery debate performance this week that deflated the former governor's front-runner status overnight. [...]

Gingrich trailed Romney by double digits just days ago. But that changed quickly after Gingrich's performance in Thursday's night CNN Southern Republican debate. [...]

Romney has struggled to maintain his initial front-runner status amid his reluctance to reveal his tax records, despite calls by even his surrogates urging him to do so. The controversy over Romney's experience at Bain & Co. also hurt him in the Palmetto State. Twenty-eight percent of voters saw it as a negative, a substantial number, especially when looking at the lower-income voters, among whom Romney got virtually no support.

Amid cries that he was being too mean to Mittens, Gingrich then pivoted:

JAN 24, 2012
Tampa, Fla.

In the run-up to the South Carolina primary, Newt Gingrich attacked Mitt Romney's record at Bain Capital as "exploitative" and "not defensible." But following Monday night's debate, a Gingrich aide seemed to back off the Bain attacks, saying that Romney's work in private equity was an honorable thing--at least as honorable as Gingrich's work for Freddie Mac.

The result was a 14 point loss for Gingrich a week later.

Romney's vulnerabilities have always been clear, going back as far as his first Senate race. The GOP establishment just wasn't comfortable letting his opponents exploit them during the contests earlier this year. In the brief window in which those attacks were allowed to occur, Romney was crushed in an surprise upset.

romney had no trouble ripping people with lies and deceit in the primaries. why is he always on the defensive now? is he incapable of attacking a fellow liberal?

No but you're sure capable of being a back stabber.

I made my opinions based on the world I see around me like you did. Think about that. I really don't even think they're equal, but for peaceful debate purposely lets assume that is what we should aim for? Makes logical sense as no one wants to be less than equal?...So why shouldn't someone be able to question someone that is of a different color? I mean Romney is a republican and believes in the free market and hard work...So he goes to the naacp and talks about what he believes. I don't believe that is racism, but is just(I believe harmlessly) discusing what would be better for the black community.

Do I have a point or am I just off the mark?

Last edited:

I made my opinions based on the world I see around me like you did. Think about that. I really don't even think they're equal, but for peaceful debate purposely lets assume that is what we should aim for? Makes logical sense as no one wants to be less than equal?...So why shouldn't someone be able to question someone that is of a different color? I mean Romney is a republican and believes in the free market and hard work...So he goes to the naacp and talks about what he believes. I don't believe that is racism, but is just(I believe harmlessly) discusing what would be better for the black community.

I'm sorry dear, but you're wasting your time responding to that one.
just saying

because him talking to the NAACP isnt racist at all. If something in the speech came off as racist thats another story.

yeah you made your opinions about the world and they are racist.

because him talking to the NAACP isnt racist at all. If something in the speech came off as racist thats another story.

yeah you made your opinions about the world and they are racist.

You're very right...We have two different opinions. I'm not going to deny what I'm. :eusa_shifty:

Expecting people to work and to make money is a good idea for all man kind:eusa_whistle:.

Forum List

Back