Romney Assaulted on Flight Leaving Olympics.

Tom Clancy

Clancy for Ron Paul
May 23, 2009
North Carolina.
FOXNews.com - Romney Assaulted on Flight Leaving Olympics

A passenger became "physically violent" when the former Massachusetts governor asked him to move his seat upright for take-off.

Mitt Romney and his wife Ann attend the short program figure skating pairs competition at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.

Mitt Romney, the former Republican governor of Massachusetts, was physically assaulted Monday by a fellow passenger on a flight from Vancouver, Canada, to Los Angeles.

Romney, a 2008 presidential candidate, asked a passenger who was seated and reclining in front of his wife, Ann, to move his seat upright during take off.

"The passenger became physically violent. Governor Romney did not retaliate, but instead let the airline crew respond to the incident." Said Romney Spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom.

Romney was not injured, but those familiar with the incident tell Fox News, "there was physical contact with Governor Romney." Ann Romney was not touched in the incident.

The plane returned to the gate and the passenger was arrested by the police.

The Romneys have been in Vancouver since Friday for the Olympic Games.

Mitt Romney was the former president and CEO of the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Romneys were guests of honor at these games.

There is speculation that Romney, who ran unsuccessfully for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, is preparing for another bid in 2012.

Physical contact eh? Probably a quickie in the bathroom and Romney called it assault to cover up his devilishly handsome mischief.

i think this was a setup for publicity. why would he fly in those types of seats?

They shouldn't have reclining seats on airplanes anyway. There is little enough room in your seat as it is without some jerk reclining into it

Last edited:
I wonder if it was a left winger or a right winger. I remember, during the primaries, when Romney was asked why none of his five sons were in the military fighting a war which they all support. His answer was:

"My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president. I respect that and respect all those and the way they serve this great country."

PERRspectives: Romney: My Sons Serve America by Getting Me Elected

You gotta love those Republicans. Able to make the hard decisions. Send other people's children off to die for something they believe in, just not enough to personally fight for.

You gotta love those Republicans. Able to make the hard decisions. Send other people's children off to die for something they believe in, just not enough to personally fight for.

How does someone "send their child off to war"??

We have a voluntary armed services. Someone entering the military must be 18 and able to make their own decisions. I do not hold it against any politician if their children elected not to volunteer. Most Americans do not

First, I don't see anything about whether the fight took place in coach or first class.

Second, if it was in coach, there is a reason he is a wealthy man. It wasnt for sitting in luxary with everything he does.

Finally, where on earth is the headline misleading.

Physical contact eh? Probably a quickie in the bathroom and Romney called it assault to cover up his devilishly handsome mischief.

Someone gets attacked on an airplane and the first thing you think about is gay sex?

First, I don't see anything about whether the fight took place in coach or first class.

Second, if it was in coach, there is a reason he is a wealthy man. It wasnt for sitting in luxary with everything he does.

it specifically said coach and he wasn't "assaulted"

I expect Romney was being an asshole....

FOXNews.com - Romney Assaulted on Flight Leaving Olympics

A passenger became "physically violent" when the former Massachusetts governor asked him to move his seat upright for take-off.

Mitt Romney and his wife Ann attend the short program figure skating pairs competition at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.

Mitt Romney, the former Republican governor of Massachusetts, was physically assaulted Monday by a fellow passenger on a flight from Vancouver, Canada, to Los Angeles.

Romney, a 2008 presidential candidate, asked a passenger who was seated and reclining in front of his wife, Ann, to move his seat upright during take off.

"The passenger became physically violent. Governor Romney did not retaliate, but instead let the airline crew respond to the incident." Said Romney Spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom.

Romney was not injured, but those familiar with the incident tell Fox News, "there was physical contact with Governor Romney." Ann Romney was not touched in the incident.

The plane returned to the gate and the passenger was arrested by the police.

The Romneys have been in Vancouver since Friday for the Olympic Games.

Mitt Romney was the former president and CEO of the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Romneys were guests of honor at these games.

There is speculation that Romney, who ran unsuccessfully for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, is preparing for another bid in 2012.
It wasn't me, I swear! I love Mitten's hair.

I expect Romney was being an asshole....

Atta girl! Never wait for facts before forming an opinion.

Look that phrase up in a dictionary, there is a picture of Obama. :lol:

I wonder if it was a left winger or a right winger. I remember, during the primaries, when Romney was asked why none of his five sons were in the military fighting a war which they all support. His answer was:

"My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president. I respect that and respect all those and the way they serve this great country."

PERRspectives: Romney: My Sons Serve America by Getting Me Elected

Yeah, because if a candidate doesnt have children that want to go into the military, its his fault and he shouldnt be elected. Is this the dumb fucking point youre trying to make?

Forum List

Back