Romney as Republican Nominee?

Romney will crush him if he gets the nod, and he is in a very strong position to do so.

Palin is not going to be nominated and she will not run.

no president has ever lost re-election with 46% approval rating or better in the polls.

you still having trouble with that fact-based reality thing?

oh.. and his RCP Avg today? 50.5% before the SOTU numbers.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

As for palin, she has a very good shot at the first three primary states because THE EXTREMISTS VOTE MORE IN THE PRIMARIES... but she might cede her position to Bachmann the nutter rather than split the rightwingnut vote.
A waste of time.... talk to me in about 19- 20 months....it is all mindless speculation until then. Americans vote on essentially one issue - the economy. If unemployment is still in the 9-10% range - he is going to have a hard time getting reelected. Simple as that.]

as for Palin - she won't run. She'd rather be the perceived "king maker", than the actual king. I don't blame her either.

Last edited:
Romney as Republican Nominee?

InTrade has him at 23% to be the nominee. Don't we think that number is too low?

Romney
Another government has the answers corporate Republicrat.
I wouldn't cross the road to piss in his ear if his brain was on fire, much less vote for him.

What if you just drank a six pack and Romney was in the alley out the back door of the bar. Seems it would be a nice story to say you pissed in Romney's ear.

You'd think the GOP learned a lesson from McCain, who changed his tune so often that he stood for nothing in the end. I see Romney as having done the same thing.

Yep.

The "Flip-Flopper" tag is going to hit hard.:lol:

Not as much as the universal health care that is failing Mass. that Romney enacted as governor.

Romney has no chance of getting the nomination, health care kills Romney.

You'd think the GOP learned a lesson from McCain, who changed his tune so often that he stood for nothing in the end. I see Romney as having done the same thing.

Yep.

The "Flip-Flopper" tag is going to hit hard.:lol:

Not as much as the universal health care that is failing Mass. that Romney enacted as governor.

Romney has no chance of getting the nomination, health care kills Romney.

Romney is the only mainstream GOP candidate. The vast majority of non-lunatic fringe republicans will go for Romney......just like they did McCain

Romney is the only mainstream GOP candidate. The vast majority of non-lunatic fringe republicans will go for Romney......just like they did McCain

But to win, you still have to kiss the ring of the Religious Right, and I'm betting in 2012 to get the nod you'll have to have Tea Party support too. Romney's biggest problem is that he can reliably count of the Big Business GOP, the Centrist GOP, and the sane GOP, but he loses all the splinter groups. Every last one.

Folks like to paint the Left as a mass of special interest groups, but the political reality is to get the nomination from the GOP you have to appeal to a lot of very devoted single issue voters that are all over the place. That's Romney's weakness.

Palin's strength is that she can win enough early states using her appeal to the fringe GOP elements to actually get the nomination sealed up before Romney knows what happened to him.

Now in the general, I think Romney is the only credible GOP candidate right now. I also think that folks tend to very much underestimate how he will do against Obama. I think a Palin nomination is about as likely to unseat Obama as the GOP deciding not to run a candidate in 2012.

Palin will draw the Douchebag republican vote leaving Romney with the republican with half a brain vote......I still say Romney wins out

Palin will draw the Douchebag republican vote leaving Romney with the republican with half a brain vote......I still say Romney wins out

God I hope you're right. I consider Palin to be probably the most dangerous candidate for President since Huey P. Long was mulling over a run at the office. I have to believe that the GOP has enough brains to realize what a disaster she'd be.

The problem is that my brain can't let go of that fact that if she runs, she can put up a hell of a fight for it. McCain's greatest failing as a person may go down as him unleashing Palin on us all.

God I hope you're right. I consider Palin to be probably the most dangerous candidate for President since Huey P. Long was mulling over a run at the office. I have to believe that the GOP has enough brains to realize what a disaster she'd be.

The problem is that my brain can't let go of that fact that if she runs, she can put up a hell of a fight for it. McCain's greatest failing as a person may go down as him unleashing Palin on us all.

Despite what you see posted on this board, I still think there are more Republicans with half a brain than Douchebag Republicans

no president has ever lost re-election with 46% approval rating or better in the polls.

you still having trouble with that fact-based reality thing?

oh.. and his RCP Avg today? 50.5% before the SOTU numbers.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

As for palin, she has a very good shot at the first three primary states because THE EXTREMISTS VOTE MORE IN THE PRIMARIES... but she might cede her position to Bachmann the nutter rather than split the rightwingnut vote.

Buh, buh, buh, but...Obamerr's duh woist Pwezident...evah!

Clearly they haven't learned a thing...clearly.

What I find interesting is that the left attacks the right over issues they themselves make an even bigger deal, like religion.

The left picks on the right for not wanting a Mormon while most of you guys bitch about Bush being religious... Then you vote for people (Clinton/Obama) that outright tell you they are Christian. I'm not religious or a fucking moron so I don't suffer from that double standard.

Mitt can’t win because he already fucking lost.

Mitt can’t win because he is a war loving neocon, or better known as “a liberal.”

Tell us all what Mitt would do different that Obama? Then tell us all what Obama has done different than Bush?

Mitt simply invests lots of money to win polls but it never seems to carry him all the way.

I’m not sure if this is from the same poll but I believe Ron Paul won 23% of the vote as well, almost a time with Mitt. Of course you loonz won’t mention Ron, he is anti war, anti homeland security and so on… he also has a voting record to prove it… You guys would rather push “Mitt” as the GOP’s only real hope because his record alone makes him out to be a complete fucking waste of life, meaning Obama or a Democrat actually stands a chance.

What I find interesting is that the left attacks the right over issues they themselves make an even bigger deal, like religion.

The left picks on the right for not wanting a Mormon while most of you guys bitch about Bush being religious... Then you vote for people (Clinton/Obama) that outright tell you they are Christian. I'm not religious or a fucking moron so I don't suffer from that double standard.

Mitt can’t win because he is a war loving neocon, or better known as “a liberal.”

Tell us all what Mitt would do different that Obama? Then tell us all what Obama has done different than Bush?

Mitt simply invests lots of money to win polls but it never seems to carry him all the way.

I’m not sure if this is from the same poll but I believe Ron Paul won 23% of the vote as well, almost a time with Mitt. Of course you loonz won’t mention Ron, he is anti war, anti homeland security and so on… he also has a voting record to prove it… You guys would rather push “Mitt” as the GOP’s only real hope because his record alone makes him out to be a complete fucking waste of life, meaning Obama or a Democrat actually stands a chance.

Ron Paul won less than 10% of the GOP vote last time and didn't take any delegates.

Romney and possibly Huckabee are the only credible candidates the republicans have. They will go with the lesser of two evils and take a watered down Romney. If not...care to name who you think would beat him in a GOP primary?

Ron Paul won less than 10% of the GOP vote last time and didn't take any delegates.

Romney and possibly Huckabee are the only credible candidates the republicans have. They will go with the lesser of two evils and take a watered down Romney. If not...care to name who you think would beat him in a GOP primary?

Sooo, that's why you like the Neocon... I see... Oh, it's worth mention, where was Obama's standing in the 04 elections? Kinda blows a giant ass hole in your logic eh?

Last edited:
At this time in 2008, Obama had already declared his candidacy. Who do the Republicans have other than Huck and Romney?

I see you still can't name a more credible candidate

Forum List

Back