Romney: "As President, on Day One....I will reverse Obama’s massive defense cuts"

I wish there were massive defense spending cuts, but R's and D's don't believe in spending cuts in the big picture. Just look at the overall budgets every year, no matter how much our debt increases, they'll still always spend more.

If a politician isn't lying, check his pulse.

Like saying a stop sign is red.
He's a politician, its to be expected.

So - what's to be gained by not holding them accountable?

Who said they shouldn't be held accountable?
It does amuse me sometimes when folks seem surprised
by politicians lies.

We don't seem surprised, we are surprised. I'll always be surprised, because I'm not jaded. I don't know how it happened, I've surely been through enough shit, but I'm still surprised when people Behave Badly.

Do you think anyone in the MSM (or so-called liberal media) will ever call him out on his lies?

by politicians lies.

We don't seem surprised, we are surprised. I'll always be surprised, because I'm not jaded. I don't know how it happened, I've surely been through enough shit, but I'm still surprised when people Behave Badly.

Well, I used to work for and with politicians up close and personal.
I've nothing for them, regardless of what they are peddling or which side
they are peddling it from. That "not a dime's worth of difference" stuff is a whole lot more true than a lot of people can begin to guess.

Here is a clue though...the one's most reviled by their peers tend to be the closest to honest.

Last edited:

by politicians lies.

I'm surprised when i hear the truth on the campaign trial. I agree with you that people in general i'm surprised when they do something bad because i have a high opinion of people, but politicians are human scum.

The only truths I heard during the last campaign were from John McCain about being in Iraq 100 years (we will be, look at Germany/Japan, been there for 70 years and that won't end anytime soon) and when I heard Reverend Wright talking about blowback from american foreign policy.

When those truths were said, the media and the public freaked out, and McCain/Obama did everything they could to distance themselves from those truths and get back to the campaign rhetoric (aka lies).

I don't disagree with this move as long as Romney pays for it without borrowing money.

What is your opinion since you made the thread?

There haven't been any defense cuts.

McKeon Warns Against Major Defense Cuts in the Reid-Obama Plan | The Weekly Standard

Those defense cuts are what I was talking about, I dont have a problem with romney cancelling them as long as he pays for it without borrowing money.

And now, for the REAL quote...

direct from the OP's link

As President, on Day One, I will focus on rebuilding America’s economy. I will reverse President Obama’s massive defense cuts. Time and again, we have seen that attempts to balance the budget by weakening our military only lead to a far higher price, not only in treasure, but in blood.

He's giving a speech at a military college. You think he, or any Democratic candidate, would not tell the audience exactly what they want to hear?

EDIT: BTW, if a conservative or Republican leaning poster had 'forgotten' an important part of the quote they based their entire thread on, libtards would be crawling out of the woodwork to chastise them. I'm just saying...

Last edited:

And now, for the REAL quote...

direct from the OP's link

As President, on Day One, I will focus on rebuilding America’s economy. I will reverse President Obama’s massive defense cuts. Time and again, we have seen that attempts to balance the budget by weakening our military only lead to a far higher price, not only in treasure, but in blood.

He's giving a speech at a military college. You think he, or any Democratic candidate, would not tell the audience exactly what they want to hear?

EDIT: BTW, if a conservative or Republican leaning poster had 'forgotten' an important part of the quote they based their entire thread on, libtards would be crawling out of the woodwork to chastise them. I'm just saying...

Fine. WHICH defense cuts that he blames on Obama is he referring to?

I don't disagree with this move as long as Romney pays for it without borrowing money.

What is your opinion since you made the thread?

McKeon Warns Against Major Defense Cuts in the Reid-Obama Plan | The Weekly Standard

Those defense cuts are what I was talking about, I dont have a problem with romney cancelling them as long as he pays for it without borrowing money.

THOSE cuts? Which cuts? All it states is a dollar figure. What is to be cut? Do you or Romney even know?

Obama's Military Budget Cuts Now Official

President Obama on Wednesday announced $400 billion in defense cuts between now and 2023. But in reality, defense budgets have already been cut, are being cut now, and will be cut even further in the future. And it’s happening at the expense of national security.

He specifically referenced $400 billion in defense “savings” found to date by Secretary of Defense Robert Gates as the effort he’d like to copy and apply to deficit reduction. Of this money identified by Secretary Gates, only $100 billion is technically considered “savings” resulting from efficiency initiatives and reforms at the Pentagon. The remaining $300 billion in defense cuts the President would like to emulate resulted from significant cuts through the cancelation or delaying of over 50 major weapons programs.

Last year, the Obama administration, Secretary of Defense, and Congress began reshaping the U.S. military by changing the direction of defense investments and canceling programs with a total lifetime value of over $300 billion (if seen through completion). The list of defense cuts includes a combat search and rescue helicopter, the F-22 fifth generation fighter, the Army’s future combat systems (primarily a ground vehicle program), the multiple-kill vehicle for missile defense, a bomber for the Air Force, the VH-71 presidential helicopter, a transformational satellite program, and the second airborne laser aircraft.

In addition, the Administration decided to extend the construction of an aircraft carrier by an extra year from four to five, reduce the number of ground-based midcourse defense interceptors from 44 to 30, and indefinitely delay the Navy’s next generation cruiser.

April 14, 2011

Heritage Foundation

THOSE cuts? Which cuts? All it states is a dollar figure. What is to be cut? Do you or Romney even know?

McKeon breaks down the numbers in the Reid-Obama plan, essentially saying that it's worse than it might seem. "Immediately the plan would cut defense in real terms below the FY11-enacted level of $553 billion and hold defense below the FY11-enacted level through FY13. It represents a $16 billion cut to our FY12 levels for next year and a $26 billion cut for the following year."

Obama has only told a dollar amount, he hasn't specified what areas he plans to cut with his budget.

I dont think I'd call them massive cuts but they are cuts. Like I said if romney wants to undo that budgeting I'm fine as long as he pays for it without borrowing.

You guys were wrong, obama does plan to cut.....get over it and move on.

Forum List

Back