Romney Arrested For Disorderly Conduct (1981)

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Mischievous bad boy? Street thug? Rebel without a cause? Law flouting social outcast? Just sticking it to the man? All of the above???

No. It's this:

Gasp: Mitt Romney, once arrested for disorderly conduct? « Hot Air

It’s a little reported anecdote, but in 1981 presumptive Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney was arrested for disorderly conduct. …

According to what Romney told the Boston Globe in 1994, he had taken his family off to Wayland, Mass.’s Lake Cochituate, about an hour outside Boston, for a summer excursion. As Romney prepared to put his family boat into the water, a park officer told Romney not to launch because his license appeared to have been painted over. The officer told Romney if he put his boat into the water he would face a $50 fine. …

“I figured I was at the state park with my kids. My five kids were in the car wondering why we weren’t going out in the boat, so I said I’d launch and pay the fine,” Romney said in 1994.

After Romney put the family boat into the water, the officer reappeared visibly angry and arrested Romney for disorderly conduct. Romney was handcuffed on the scene, taken to the local police station, and booked.

“There I was, dripping wet in a bathing suit,” Romney told the Globe. A magistrate let him go without bail.

It’s about tradeoffs, and on a day he wanted to spend boating with his family, Romney thought, sure, I’ll just go ahead and pay the price society has decided to place on people who don’t perfectly display their licenses. And while I have nothing but respect for the uniformed men and women who protect our communities on a daily basis, they’re prone to mistakes and power-trips like the rest of us. It sounds like this officer was in the wrong, and should’ve been writing Mitt Romney a ticket instead of arresting him. No biggie.

See also:
Mitt Romney Was Arrested For Disorderly Conduct In 1981

Hmm

Well at least this explains Romney's coming guest star appearance on Son's of Anarchy as "Crash Hardpeck" the rebel who knows no fear.

Ohhh my that is FUNNY! What a BAD BOY he was! A WHOLE $50.00 fine! Oh my this is just precious. This is the worst the democracts can come up with, not even something really serious, like spitting on the sidewalk. I SINCERELY hope that democrats make a nice campaign spot about it.

Who was obama's drug dealer when he was in high school and college?

Ohhh my that is FUNNY! What a BAD BOY he was! A WHOLE $50.00 fine! Oh my this is just precious. This is the worst the democracts can come up with, not even something really serious, like spitting on the sidewalk. I SINCERELY hope that democrats make a nice campaign spot about it.

Who was obama's drug dealer when he was in high school and college?

What do "The Democrats" have to do with this?

Well, at least he was squeaky clean about it if he was dripping wet in a swimsuit before the magistrate.

Ragnar, you are a funny man.
:lmao:

Last edited:
Romney had a teachable moment; Sadly he decided to teach his kids that the elite don't need to follow the rules; lucky for them he ended up in cuffs and they missed their day on the water. In a funny way he did teach them a valuable lesson.

Sounds like he taught them that government officials on power trips can cause good people problems.

Well, at least he was squeaky clean about it if he was dripping wet in a swimsuit before the magistrate.

Ragnar, you are a funny man.
:lmao:

Jerry Orbach beat me out for the roll I wanted. (again!)

But I am a legend in my own mind for what it's worth.

Romney had a teachable moment; Sadly he decided to teach his kids that the elite don't need to follow the rules; lucky for them he ended up in cuffs and they missed their day on the water. In a funny way he did teach them a valuable lesson.

Indeed. Stand up to government overreach. Civil disobedience or in a pinch, a lawsuit might work as well.

We don't even know where the freaking president was born and Soros' sleazy private detectives found a disorderly conduct on Romney's record. Double standard?

Mischievous bad boy? Street thug? Rebel without a cause? Law flouting social outcast? Just sticking it to the man? All of the above???

No. It's this:

It’s a little reported anecdote, but in 1981 presumptive Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney was arrested for disorderly conduct. …

According to what Romney told the Boston Globe in 1994, he had taken his family off to Wayland, Mass.’s Lake Cochituate, about an hour outside Boston, for a summer excursion. As Romney prepared to put his family boat into the water, a park officer told Romney not to launch because his license appeared to have been painted over. The officer told Romney if he put his boat into the water he would face a $50 fine. …

“I figured I was at the state park with my kids. My five kids were in the car wondering why we weren’t going out in the boat, so I said I’d launch and pay the fine,” Romney said in 1994.

After Romney put the family boat into the water, the officer reappeared visibly angry and arrested Romney for disorderly conduct. Romney was handcuffed on the scene, taken to the local police station, and booked.

“There I was, dripping wet in a bathing suit,” Romney told the Globe. A magistrate let him go without bail.

It’s about tradeoffs, and on a day he wanted to spend boating with his family, Romney thought, sure, I’ll just go ahead and pay the price society has decided to place on people who don’t perfectly display their licenses. And while I have nothing but respect for the uniformed men and women who protect our communities on a daily basis, they’re prone to mistakes and power-trips like the rest of us. It sounds like this officer was in the wrong, and should’ve been writing Mitt Romney a ticket instead of arresting him. No biggie.

See also:

Hmm

Well at least this explains Romney's coming guest star appearance on Son's of Anarchy as "Crash Hardpeck" the rebel who knows no fear.

Well, wtf were you thinking, trying to have a sense of humor and all. Hmph.

No. It's this:

See also:

Hmm

Well, wtf were you thinking, trying to have a sense of humor and all. Hmph.

It's how I pass the time between reasonable posts around here. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back