Romney and the Morman plan for America

Well, if you want to understand it, it might help if you inquired on it in a thread relevant to your lack of understanding of it.

It relates to Mormons, LDS, Utah, and polygamy. And I don't understand how they legally get away with it.

So non-mormons living a polygamous lifestyle in Las Vegas has to do with Mormons, LDS, Utah, and polygamy? Well Polygamy maybe. 1 out of 4. But that's not the topic of the thread, is it?

Fact is there is only one candidate who has been married to multiple women. And he isn't the Mormon.

Non-Mormons? Las Vegas? Where did you pick that up?

Presidents Denomination:
Episcopalia 11
Presbyterian 10
Methodist 5
Baptist 4
Unitarian 4
Disciples of Christ 3
Dutch Reformed 2
Quaker 2
Congregationalist 2
Catholic 1
Jehovah's Witness 1

Religious Affiliation of U.S. Presidents * Religion

Hmmmm, no Mormons, yet. Shouldn't it be their turn?
Afterall, I heard a lot of people on the left say it was a time for a Black man to have a turn.
I heard a lot from the left say it was McCain's turn.
How is this any different?

You got the first mainstream Mormon who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.

Yeah, but his beliefs are still too crazy to put in the White House.

Incidently, Ike wasn't a JW whenhe became president. JW don't do the politics thing because they don't believe in flags or countries.

Well, if you want to understand it, it might help if you inquired on it in a thread relevant to your lack of understanding of it.

It relates to Mormons, LDS, Utah, and polygamy. And I don't understand how they legally get away with it.

So non-mormons living a polygamous lifestyle in Las Vegas has to do with Mormons, LDS, Utah, and polygamy? Well Polygamy maybe. 1 out of 4. But that's not the topic of the thread, is it?

Fact is there is only one candidate who has been married to multiple women. And he isn't the Mormon.

A couple of points here. First, to call the splinter groups non-Mormon is a little disingenuous. They are probably practicing the faith closer to the way Joseph Smith (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) and Brigham Young did with the Polygamy and the Blood Atonements and the other crazy ass nonsense.

Just because God told some later prophet (no, really) that they had to give up Polygamy to get statehood doesn't make it less silly.

A couple of points here. First, to call the splinter groups non-Mormon is a little disingenuous. They are probably practicing the faith closer to the way Joseph Smith (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) and Brigham Young did with the Polygamy and the Blood Atonements and the other crazy ass nonsense.

Just because God told some later prophet (no, really) that they had to give up Polygamy to get statehood doesn't make it less silly.

They aren't baptized members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So they aren't members.

Trying to pretend they are is not only disingenuous. It's a complete lie.

Oh and Lakhota, Sister wives takes pace is Las Vegas.

They don't and it's against the law. The main Mormon church does not adhere to the practice any longer, and hasn't since around 1890.
Yes there are some splinter groups from the church, but that isn't what Romney is about, right?

They don't and it's against the law. The main Mormon church does not adhere to the practice any longer, and hasn't since around 1890.
Yes there are some splinter groups from the church, but that isn't what Romney is about, right?

But if they admit that, they cant lie about Mormons and lie about Romney through that.

But if they admit that, they cant lie about Mormons and lie about Romney through that.

You know what, I've put up a lot of criticisms of Romney in particular and Mormons in general, and I don't bring up Polygamy. I do bring up Smith's sick fascination with teen girls... because that was sick.

Yes, they did reject it so they could get statehood, but what does that say. God tells Smith and Young that Polygamy is ooooh, soooo fine. Then in order to get in the union, they had to stop, except for a few guys like Romney's Great-Granddad who went to Mexico to see if they could impose their beliefs on the Mexicans. And when that didn't work out, they came back. (Oh, if only the Mexicans were more understanding, the Mormons could have all moved there, for Pete's Sake!)

Sorry, I find it hard to take people seriously who think God is that fickle.

Republican Mitt Romney and the 'Mormon Plan For America'

He told me that there was a council room up there which was an exact replica of the Oval Office of the White House. He told me they even had all the radio and telemetry equipment in place, hidden beneath a dome on top of the temple. He said that from this council room, the prophet could run the nation just as easily as he could from the White House itself. He also claimed that these electronic devices on the roof were so strong that airlines had to avoid flying right over the temple or their instruments might be thrown

Chalk it up right next to Obama's "Muslim Plan for America", faggot......:cuckoo:

Once again you demonstrate you haven't read history nor do you care to.

Your real problem is that they are very strong in family matters...and thrive on it.

*I* admire them for thier strong family values. WHY do you have a problem with that?

You know what, I've put up a lot of criticisms of Romney in particular and Mormons in general, and I don't bring up Polygamy. I do bring up Smith's sick fascination with teen girls... because that was sick.

Yes, they did reject it so they could get statehood, but what does that say. God tells Smith and Young that Polygamy is ooooh, soooo fine. Then in order to get in the union, they had to stop, except for a few guys like Romney's Great-Granddad who went to Mexico to see if they could impose their beliefs on the Mexicans. And when that didn't work out, they came back. (Oh, if only the Mexicans were more understanding, the Mormons could have all moved there, for Pete's Sake!)

Joe...you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and to a point I do agree with what you say. But the laws the Mormons have are what they are and it coincides with what our laws are, no matter how they get to that point. Example: I'm not going to bash a person now whose ancestors owned slaves.

Joe...you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and to a point I do agree with what you say. But the laws the Mormons have are what they are and it coincides with what our laws are, no matter how they get to that point. Example: I'm not going to bash a person now whose ancestors owned slaves.
Indeed. That issue is gone, settled history. Now if there are those that wish to speak of the new slavery imposed by thier government (on those yet to be born) to pay off decades of accrued debt they didn't have a say so in? I'm game for it in another thread...

Good form Meister.

Nor would I.

I would bash a person whose ancestors owned slaves and then he tried to justify it by saying the slaves were better off as slaves or they weren't treated all that badly. One who proudly flies a Confederate Battle flag on his front lawn without caring that it was truly offensive.

And this is my problem with Mormons. If they all came back and said, "Wow. Polygamy, what were we thinking?" that would be one thing. But they still rever Joseph Smith as the founder of their religion, they still have a university named after that Asshole Brigham Young.

Once again you demonstrate you haven't read history nor do you care to.

Your real problem is that they are very strong in family matters...and thrive on it.

*I* admire them for thier strong family values. WHY do you have a problem with that?

Of course historically you are right. Families seem to thrive with multiple mothers...It worked for Smith!

Forum List

Back