romney and his tax.. A must read.

Romneys to Release Taxes
1:48 PM, SEP 21, 2012 • BY DANIEL HALPERSingle PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts
The Romney campaign is releasing Mitt and Ann Romney's 2011 tax return today. The campaign previews a few of the highlights here:

In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.
The Romneys’ effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.
The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.
The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.
The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.
Additionally, the Romney campaign is releasing a summary of 20 years of taxes, between 1990-2009, detailing their tax expenditures during those years:

In each year during the entire 20-year period, the Romneys owed both state and federal income taxes.
Over the entire 20-year period, the average annual effective federal tax rate was 20.20%.
Over the entire 20-year period, the lowest annual effective federal personal tax rate was 13.66%.
Over the entire 20-year period, the Romneys gave to charity an average of 13.45% of their adjusted gross income.
Over the entire 20-year period, the total federal and state taxes owed plus the total charitable donations deducted represented 38.49% of total AGI.

Romneys to Release Taxes | The Weekly Standard

Do the righties have shit fits over Romney's "47%" of the population not paying taxes LEGALLY? :eusa_silenced:

None whatsoever.

The only reason the 47% became part of the narrative was becuase Obama started to talk about how the rich needed to pay their fair share.

So the right responded....fair share? How can the rich not be paying their fair share if 47% dont pay any federal income tax at all?

It was not a complaint...it was a response.

There is a difference.

My point was that both sides are legal. Romney and the "victims" are both legally right, to pay or not pay the taxes they do.
As for fair share, nothing in our tax code is remotely fair for anyone.
The right always complains about the "victims / moochers" who don't pay their hundreds to thousands of dollars in taxes. Yet they say nothing about the millions to billions the upper class hides in taxes. I complain more about ENRON, AIG, General Electric, and the "accounting practices" than I do about the crack whore criminally defrauding the system of foodstamps. Why? because it would take several million crack whores to cheat their way to the same money as one upper class person (Mitt Romney) does.
There is a difference between poor people and criminals. Just like there is a difference between rich people and criminals (Madoff).

In bold?

Factually incorrect.

Making the rest of your post not credible.

We do not complain about those people AT ALL.

We complain that the Government feels the need to do for those people what they do.

Know what is going on before you try to trash things.

As a Michigan resident, his father was our governor. Mitt left the state a long time ago and never came back. He went on to be a governor in a different state. He then said he would let Detroit fail. Then he comes back to Michigan and says he is Michigans favored son. I say BS. I say Mitt will say anything to get elected, he is a politician. His mouth gets going faster than his brain most times. He sounds alot like Biden. It's a good thing his religion makes him do as much good as hes done. Could you imagine what he would have been like without his faith?

None whatsoever.

The only reason the 47% became part of the narrative was becuase Obama started to talk about how the rich needed to pay their fair share.

So the right responded....fair share? How can the rich not be paying their fair share if 47% dont pay any federal income tax at all?

It was not a complaint...it was a response.

There is a difference.

My point was that both sides are legal. Romney and the "victims" are both legally right, to pay or not pay the taxes they do.
The right always complains about the "victims / moochers" who don't pay their hundreds to thousands of dollars in taxes. Yet they say nothing about the millions to billions the upper class hides in taxes. I complain more about ENRON, AIG, General Electric, and the "accounting practices" than I do about the crack whore criminally defrauding the system of foodstamps. Why? because it would take several million crack whores to cheat their way to the same money as one upper class person (Mitt Romney) does.
There is a difference between poor people and criminals. Just like there is a difference between rich people and criminals (Madoff).

In bold?

Factually incorrect.

We complain that the Government feels the need to do for those people what they do.

Perhaps you should read some of the posts on this site written by the right. My only error was in using the word "always" it should have been the majority. As for complaining about the "government", I could buy that if there was no mention of the big screen tvs, cigs, booze, and drugs. When the looking glass moves from the government to the people it is no longer about the government.

As a Michigan resident, his father was our governor. Mitt left the state a long time ago and never came back. He went on to be a governor in a different state. He then said he would let Detroit fail. Then he comes back to Michigan and says he is Michigans favored son. I say BS. I say Mitt will say anything to get elected, he is a politician. His mouth gets going faster than his brain most times. He sounds alot like Biden. It's a good thing his religion makes him do as much good as hes done. Could you imagine what he would have been like without his faith?

An interesting rant.

In essence...what you said was...

"Imagine the kind of man Mitt would be if he were not the kind of man he is"

I suggest you revisit your approach with youir posts. You rant about things that are factually incorrect....you trash things you do not understand....and to boot all....you paint a man as someone he is not and say "can youy believe he could have been that way"..

Doesnt work with adults. Try again.

In bold?

Factually incorrect.

Perhaps you should read some of the posts on this site written by the right. My only error was in using the word "always" it should have been the majority. As for complaining about the "government", I could buy that if there was no mention of the big screen tvs, cigs, booze, and drugs. When the looking glass moves from the government to the people it is no longer about the government.

Lesson number 1...

This board is by no means a cross section of the electorate.

We have jerks on the right that by no means represent me and jherks on the left that by no means represent you.

On the most part, this site is for a few people to exchange ideas and debate differences....but for most to rant and rave.

Where do you fall?

An interesting rant.

I suggest you revisit your approach with youir posts. You rant about things that are factually incorrect....you trash things you do not understand....and to boot all....you paint a man as someone he is not and say "can youy believe he could have been that way"..

The fact is he left Michigan never to return, he even voiced support for our demise, until he needed us and then he became our favored son? You can view it any way you like but the fact is the fact and that is what he did. A great guy in your opinion?

An interesting rant.

I also noticed a sense of resentment in his comment.

"He then said he would let Detroit fail."

If you're referring to the city proper look to the Democrats as the ones who ruined it. If you're referring to the auto industry you should have told that to the UAW. Romney didn't fail Detroit. The people who elected your officials failed Detroit along with greedy unuion leaders.

Last edited:

An interesting rant.

The fact is he left Michigan never to return, he even voiced support for our demise, until he needed us and then he became our favored son? You can view it any way you like but the fact is the fact and that is what he did. A great guy in your opinion?

He is a politician. Many leave their state and plant roots elsewhere...and many come back for the votes. If I held that against every politician, there would be no one to vote for.

Heck..Obama talks about Hawaii like it his home state....yet he left there for Chicago.

Romney did not want Detroit to fail. He simply did not believe that it is the governments job to bail out a company who made bad decisions. I agree with it.

Again, you need to understand the conservative ideology to understand decisions conservatives make.

For me?

I was a liberal.....and a failure...and I blamed everyoine but myself.

Then I started to understand conservatism....and followed it....and I acheived success

So I believe in conservatism....it works for me.

However...as a conservative....whereas I am against abortion...I will always vote in favor of right to choose for what you do is none of my business.

I am not gay...but I will always support gay marriage for what you do with your life is none of my business.

Try to understand conservatism.....you dont need to agree with it....but I gurantee you...you wont trash it either.

An interesting rant.

If you're referring to the city proper look to the Democrats as the ones who ruined it. If you're referring to the auto industry you should have told that to the UAW. Romney didn't fail Detroit. The people who elected your officials failed Detroit along with greedy unuion leaders.

You noticed a sense of "resentment"? was it my voice inflection that tipped you off? It was the business leaders who agreed to those union terms, as it takes two to sign a contract. Do the business leaders get none of the responsibility? As for the city proper we all know why it went under, and that is corruption on both sides of the aisle for an extended period of time.

An interesting rant.

He is a politician. Many leave their state and plant roots elsewhere...and many come back for the votes. If I held that against every politician, there would be no one to vote for.

Heck..Obama talks about Hawaii like it his home state....yet he left there for Chicago.

Romney did not want Detroit to fail. He simply did not believe that it is the governments job to bail out a company who made bad decisions. I agree with it.

Again, you need to understand the conservative ideology to understand decisions conservatives make.

For me?

I was a liberal.....and a failure...and I blamed everyoine but myself.

Then I started to understand conservatism....and followed it....and I acheived success

So I believe in conservatism....it works for me.

However...as a conservative....whereas I am against abortion...I will always vote in favor of right to choose for what you do is none of my business.

I am not gay...but I will always support gay marriage for what you do with your life is none of my business.

Try to understand conservatism.....you dont need to agree with it....but I gurantee you...you wont trash it either.

I do understand the conservatism of which you speak. The conservatism that wants to be elected is not the conservatism of which you speak. This is the conservatism that wants to get elected :[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid - YouTube[/ame]

Never forget where you came from and who helped you out along the way. Some are poor of their own making and some are not. Some are born into wealth and some are not. Neither side should look on the other with disdain.

An interesting rant.

You noticed a sense of "resentment"? was it my voice inflection that tipped you off? It was the business leaders who agreed to those union terms, as it takes two to sign a contract. Do the business leaders get none of the responsibility? As for the city proper we all know why it went under, and that is corruption on both sides of the aisle for an extended period of time.

You can be comical or obtuse...take your pick but you got my point. Why does Romney owe Detroit anything? Did he create your mess? He's a politician just like Dear Leader. Of course he's going to pander for votes.

The business leaders agreed to what the union proposed on behalf of the workers as far as the UAW goes. The elected officials are the ones people had the opportunity to choose that ruined the city itself.

Maybe I'm not getting your point. What exactly are you trying to say?

You can be comical or obtuse...take your pick but you got my point. Why does Romney owe Detroit anything? Did he create your mess? He's a politician just like Dear Leader. Of course he's going to pander for votes.

The business leaders agreed to what the union proposed on behalf of the workers as far as the UAW goes. The elected officials are the ones people had the opportunity to choose that ruined the city itself.

Yes, he is going to pander for votes, and he is the quintessential politician. Politicians lie and tell half truths. Politicians do not have our best intrests at heart, that is quite evident by the state of affairs in the US. My point about Romney is, he isn't as great of a guy as his handlers want us to believe. He doesn't owe Detroit anything, and he shouldn't expect anything either. "Favored son" is very presumptive after his stance on the auto industry and his past absence in the state.

What happens when the few own most of the wealth in a nation, and have the ability to pass on great wealth unencumbered by taxes to future generations?

What happens when the few are able to use great wealth to influence elections?

What happens when the elected officials are bribed by the few to pass laws which greatly benefit the wealthy?

What happens when the law of our land allows great wealth to influence our elections?

What happens when the elected officials are dependent on bribes to maintain their job?

What happens when our Representatives in the Congress and the POTUS are all beholden to the 1%?

You get Obama??? :ack-1:

Yes, he is going to pander for votes, and he is the quintessential politician. Politicians lie and tell half truths. Politicians do not have our best intrests at heart, that is quite evident by the state of affairs in the US. My point about Romney is, he isn't as great of a guy as his handlers want us to believe. He doesn't owe Detroit anything, and he shouldn't expect anything either. "Favored son" is very presumptive after his stance on the auto industry and his past absence in the state.

So the Dems destroyed Detroit, they destroyed most of Michigan and it's Romney's fault because he thought the business should follow the natural course most businesses do. Wonder if I can get a couple billion to prop up my business?? Oh heck, I can't we're not a union shop. My bad.

Forum List

Back