Romney already conceding the Debates?

His voice keeps getting whinier and whinier. I think he might actually start crying during the first debate.

:lol:

Have you ever had someone tell you that "that movie is the best/funniest/most emotional/tear jerking movie ever!!?" Then you go see it with high expectations and end up leaving go "yea it was good, but the best/funniest/most emotional/dramatic/tear jerking movie ever? I'm not sure."

The lower your expectations, the more delightful surprise or less disappointment you'll feel coming out of it. So, when you think about it, it's probably a smart thing to lower expectations as far as possible for yourself. For Romney, make Obama look like the king the debates. He's so fucking smart. He's so fucking good at talking. No one could ever hope to beat him in a debate. Then, if Romney holds his own or even out-debates him, then it looks like much more triumphant.

No surprise both candidates are looking to do this: make the other guy look like he should run away with the debate going in.

Last edited:

Have you ever had someone tell you that "that movie is the best/funniest/most emotional/tear jerking movie ever!!?" Then you go see it with high expectations and end up leaving go "yea it was good, but the best/funniest/most emotional/dramatic/tear jerking movie ever? I'm not sure."

The lower your expectations, the more delightful surprise or less disappointment you'll feel coming out of it. So, when you think about it, it's probably a smart thing to lower expectations as far as possible for yourself. For Romney, make Obama look like the king the debates. He's so fucking smart. He's so fucking good at talking. No one could ever hope to beat him in a debate. Then, if Romney holds his own or even out-debates him, then it looks like much more triumphant.

No surprise both candidates are looking to do this: make the other guy look like he should run away with the debate going in.

exactly right.

His voice keeps getting whinier and whinier. I think he might actually start crying during the first debate.

:lol:

Who Beretta...? :lol:

i think she was talking about mitt... but bedwetter will probably whine and cry, too.

Lost your "Moderating" powers? Smart administrators here!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Carry on mocking me, imbecile. That alone is enough for me whether it was willingly or unwillingly. :cheers2::asshole::dance:[

:razz::razz::razz:

Last edited:

No...Both sides are downplaying expectations for the debates.

I saw a clip of an interview with Baghdad Bob Gibbs talking about how it was Romney with all the experience in debating, since there were about 20 of them during the GOP primary.

Looks like the both of them are trying to lower expectations, for one reason or another that seems to defy logic.

I saw a clip of an interview with Baghdad Bob Gibbs talking about how it was Romney with all the experience in debating, since there were about 20 of them during the GOP primary.

Looks like the both of them are trying to lower expectations, for one reason or another that seems to defy logic.

Doesn't defy logic at all. It's very common. Set expectations low so that when you beat that low bar, you can crow about an amazing victory. And you set the standard for your opponent so absurdly high that when they inevitably fail to meet it, you can call them a failure.

Old hat stuff.

Doesn't defy logic at all. It's very common. Set expectations low so that when you beat that low bar, you can crow about an amazing victory. And you set the standard for your opponent so absurdly high that when they inevitably fail to meet it, you can call them a failure.

Old hat stuff.

I don't see the debates making a big difference in the election. Usually, each candidate plays it safe in his responses. Historically, early debates measure charisma.

The Kennedy-Nixon Debates — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

The gap in the candidates’ on-air presence was not just a matter of charisma; it was also one of cosmetics. Before the first debate, both men declined the services of CBS’s top makeup artist, who had been summoned from New York for the event. Bronzed and glowing from weeks of open-air campaigning, Kennedy was more than ready for his close-up–though sources later claimed that the naturally telegenic senator still got a touch-up from his team. Nixon, on the other hand, had a pale complexion and fast-growing stubble that together lent him a perpetually grayish pallor; during an interview with Walter Cronkite two weeks before the debate, the vice president had confided, “I can shave within 30 seconds before I go on television and still have a beard.”

HHhhhhhmmmmm......

Will Romney be "wired" for the debates like George W. Bush was in the 2004 Bush/Kerry debates?

bush-wire-confirmed-by-nasa.jpg

Lifevest_Duo_Back.JPG

NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate - Kevin Berger - Salon.com

Old hat stuff.

Yep, it's a tactic that's been used for quite a while now.

Forum List

Back