Romney Agrees With Progressives: You Can't Do Spending Cuts Alone

Romney is now proposing a 20% cut in tax rates across the board.

1. That loss of revenue will only make more cuts necessary, and the politicians aren't able to cut much now.

2. Those rate cuts will add significantly to the 47% who pay no income taxes now.

Are you seriously trying to argue that we are spending over 3 Trillion a year, part of which has been given to fund genital washing programs, and yet there is very little the politicians can cut?

Is genital washing whatever the fuck that is, 40% of the budget?

Romney is now proposing a 20% cut in tax rates across the board.

1. That loss of revenue will only make more cuts necessary, and the politicians aren't able to cut much now.

2. Those rate cuts will add significantly to the 47% who pay no income taxes now.

Are you seriously trying to argue that we are spending over 3 Trillion a year, part of which has been given to fund genital washing programs, and yet there is very little the politicians can cut?

Romney is promising to balance the budget, now with the above tax cut taking a huge bite out of revenues,

and he's promising to do that without touching defense.

That's recycled garbage from 1980.

My three part plan.
1) Freeze spending across the board -I am talking about real spending, not this baseline bullshit. If we spent $100 billion for education in 2011- freeze it at $100 billion for 2012.
2) Leave tax rates alone. Markets love stability.
3) get the fuck out of the way.

Problem solved.

we are so very close on this. I say cut spending cross the board and cut taxes across the board.

Harding/Coolidge did that and we had nearly a decade of unprecedented growth till progressives started interfering again.

Actually, one could argue that Coolidge's policies caused the Great Depression. Poor Hoover was only in office six months when the shit hit the fan.

More to the point, while Harding cut the income tax, he increased tariffs to protect American jobs. Something no "Free Trade" republican would ever do.

Something no dem would do either. Something that has to happen....

BUt not a one of them every says, "Hey, we need to repeal the Bush Tax cuts!"

Romney is calling for MORE tax cuts.

For the Wealthy.

Because the poor dears don't have a thing.

I haven't met any progressive that actually wants to end the Obama tax cut extensions. Like you they want to play partisan politics and instigate class warfare by raisng taxes on the rich while keeping the rest of the extensions.

It's not a matter of "partisan politics", guy. The middle class is already paying higher taxes to offset the giveaways to the wealthy. In IL, they raised the income tax by 67% to offset money that wasn't coming from Washington anymore. With the higher price of gas, we are all paying more in gas taxes.

Funny how you say it is not about being partisan and then drop right into being partisan. Illinois raised the income tax by 67% because they refused to cut spending, which is not my problem. The federal government should not collect taxes that are not meant to support the federal government. The fact that all the idiots who live in Illinois, along with you, think they are actually supposed to support states that spend to much shows just how fucked up the system is.

I wasn't expressing an opinion for or against anything. I was merely pointing out that cutting government spending is going to make the jobs situation worse. To pretend otherwise is foolish.

If you actually follow Keynes theories cutting government spending is exactly what we should be doing because we shouldn't have a deficit that drains the economy.

Conservatives are Keynesians now?

No, I am just proving you have no idea what Keynes theories actually involve. I will give you a hint, he did not think government spending was always good for the economy.

Funny how you say it is not about being partisan and then drop right into being partisan. Illinois raised the income tax by 67% because they refused to cut spending, which is not my problem. The federal government should not collect taxes that are not meant to support the federal government. The fact that all the idiots who live in Illinois, along with you, think they are actually supposed to support states that spend to much shows just how fucked up the system is.

Wow. I think this just goes to show how stupid you are.

Guy, Illinois only gets .79 back for every dollar it sends to Washington. Now compare that to the "rugged individualists" in Alaska, who get 1.87 back for very dollar they send. Or for that matter, any "Red" state.

Point was, when the Feds cut back, the State of Illinois just made up the slack. The roads still had to be kept in repair, the services still had to be provided.

Oh, yeah, Ron Paul is still crazy.

No intelligent conservative thinks cutting alone works.

Idiot.

So how, specifically, would the 'intelligent' conservative balance the budget from where it is right now, i.e.,

we're borrowing 40% of what we're spending.

Let's hear the high IQ genius conservative plan on that, in detail.

According to the R's, just raise taxes on the poor, raise taxes on the working class and cut taxes for the wealthy.

ALL of them, except Paul, have said they plan to go right back to the failed tinkle down crap of Ronnie Ray-Gun's.

Guy, Illinois only gets .79 back for every dollar it sends to Washington. Now compare that to the "rugged individualists" in Alaska, who get 1.87 back for very dollar they send. Or for that matter, any "Red" state.

Point was, when the Feds cut back, the State of Illinois just made up the slack. The roads still had to be kept in repair, the services still had to be provided.

There you go with the partisan bullshit again. What makes you think that Illinois only gets direct federal sending that goes to the US mint? What about the $10,428,720,895 that went to various contractors in Illinois in 2009? You can compare that to the $2,786,022,724 that Alaska got the same year. Feel free to tell me all about how Alaska got more money than Illinois so I can keep laughing at you.

http://gsa.federalschedules.com/resource-center/reports/federal-spending-by-state.aspx

There you go with the partisan bullshit again. What makes you think that Illinois only gets direct federal sending that goes to the US mint? What about the $10,428,720,895 that went to various contractors in Illinois in 2009? You can compare that to the $2,786,022,724 that Alaska got the same year. Feel free to tell me all about how Alaska got more money than Illinois so I can keep laughing at you.

Federal Spending by State | Fed Spending by Place of Performance | Small Business Federal Contracts in FY09

Again, when you divide that number by the amount of PEOPLE, Illinois is getting the shit end of the stick.

Okay, I realize you don't understand these advance concepts like "Math", but you divide that 10 billion by the 12 million people we have in this state, and it comes out to we get $833.00 per person back in Federal funding. A lot worse than Alaska, which gets about 3 billion for its 722,000 people, which comes out to $3858 per person.

But you Red State types, you area all against Government spending, yupppers. Except when it's for programs that benefit you.

But you Red State types, you area all against Government spending, yupppers. Except when it's for programs that benefit you.

Tea-Party-Medicare-sign.jpg

By Pat Garofalo

During an event in Michigan today, GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney — in response to a question about the Simpson-Bowles fiscal commission — admitted that budget cuts slow down economic growth. “If you just cut, if all you’re thinking about doing is cutting spending, why as you cut spending you’ll slow down the economy,” he said.

This, of course, flies in the face of the conservative belief that budget cuts will boost economic growth. And already, conservative activists have attacked his statement. “It’s hogwash. It confirms yet again that Romney is not a limited government conservative,” said Andy Roth of the ultra-conservative Club for Growth. Of course, as we noted last week, data from the real world debunks the GOP’s austerity ideology — and evidently Romney agrees.

Romney: 'If You Just Cut...As You Cut, You'll Slow Down The Economy' | ThinkProgress

Romney Admits Budget Cuts Slow The Economy - YouTube

Wow now the right will take him out

Federal Spending by State | Fed Spending by Place of Performance | Small Business Federal Contracts in FY09

Again, when you divide that number by the amount of PEOPLE, Illinois is getting the shit end of the stick.

Okay, I realize you don't understand these advance concepts like "Math", but you divide that 10 billion by the 12 million people we have in this state, and it comes out to we get $833.00 per person back in Federal funding. A lot worse than Alaska, which gets about 3 billion for its 722,000 people, which comes out to $3858 per person.

Damn, I keep thinking you are learning, and you keep proving me wrong. FYI, I live in California, which is at the top of the list I just posted.

[
Damn, I keep thinking you are learning, and you keep proving me wrong. FYI, I live in California, which is at the top of the list I just posted.

Hey, Clem, did they ever teach you about "per Capita" in Home Skule, there?

If you don't understand the concept, then I'm not sure why I should talk to you.

Of course, California has the most spent, it has the most people, you moron.

The problem is, they don't get as much spent as they send to Washington. That' goes to the Red States of "rugged individualists" who need roads that no one drives on.

[

Hey, Clem, did they ever teach you about "per Capita" in Home Skule, there?

If you don't understand the concept, then I'm not sure why I should talk to you.

Of course, California has the most spent, it has the most people, you moron.

The problem is, they don't get as much spent as they send to Washington. That' goes to the Red States of "rugged individualists" who need roads that no one drives on.

Hey, genius, can you explain why Virginia is number 2? Does it have more people than Texas? New York?

Forum List

Back