Romney 47% Obama 43% The bounce has faded

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
New poll from Rasmussen with this data:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 43%. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

The president enjoyed a bounce immediately following release of last week’s job report. However, the bounce has faded, and the race is back to where it was just before Friday’s report

But here's the kicker this is what will drive Romney's campaign:

Just 24% believe the jobs market has improved over the past year, while 44% believe it has gotten worse.

And a very interesting side note:

Sixty-one percent (61%) of voters nationwide have a favorable opinion of Chick-fil-A, but 13% plan to boycott the company. By way of comparison, 17% favored a boycott of General Motors following the government bailout.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Now that he's in a comfortable lead, Romney should announce his VP...

That'll get him around 54% I would wager...

Romney 2012! Not my first choice, but a heckuva lot better than Obama.. And if he picks Bob McDonnel.. It's a wrap for me.

Rass is biased so they can match up with all the cheating the republican party does to win

You see when you poll you get what the people really want.

Polling cant display the effect of the republican party cheating.

Rass makes sure things dont look TOO weird in the end

Remember the exit polls in 2000 and 2004?

exit polls are the number one indicator of fraud in an election.

Rasmussen Tracking 8/6 - 8/8 1500 LV 3.0 43 47 Romney +4
Gallup Tracking 8/1 - 8/7 3050 RV 2.0 47 46 Obama +1

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I always look at the average og both of these, knowing though that the anonymous sampling by Gallup is more advantageous to the incumbent than the LV polling of ras...either way, ot was a Dead Cat bounce....

obama spent the last 2 months outspending Romney 3.5 to 1 on TV ads etc etc.....

Considering that Romney cant spend most of his money until after the convention. I am happy with these polls.. Obama is down on money since he is spending like crazy on ads. I hope he runs out of money in the end.

Normally the VP announcement comes a week or two before the convention. Other than democrats are demanding to know now is there anything else that would lead to a premature release?

Didn't obama just decree it to be Petreus?

Normally the VP announcement comes a week or two before the convention. Other than democrats are demanding to know now is there anything else that would lead to a premature release?

Didn't obama just decree it to be Petreus?

It is a week or two before the convention next week:p. And it gets people talking. Gets people excited for the convention.

Rass is biased so they can match up with all the cheating the republican party does to win

Then how do you explain that Rass is consistently the most accurate pollster in America. When you compare their polls, to actual Election Results nobody even comes close.

Nate Silver who is the best in the business disagrees with you.

"The 105 polls released in Senate and gubernatorial races by Rasmussen Reports and its subsidiary, Pulse Opinion Research, missed the final margin between the candidates by 5.8 points, a considerably higher figure than that achieved by most other pollsters. Some 13 of its polls missed by 10 or more points, including one in the Hawaii Senate race that missed the final margin between the candidates by 40 points, the largest error ever recorded in a general election in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls conducted since 1998."

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

Forum List

Back