Romney 46 Obama 44 most recent poll

Unlike me?

You're claiming that I have advocated for one particular poll over another? I haven't.

Fox News is a heavily conservative slanted source. That's the only point made.

And that has nothing to do with the poll results unless they didn't poll an accurate cross section of voters.

Fox News is a conservative biased outlet. It's no secret. You may as well give us a Huffington post piece.

We all know this stuff is biased based on who conducts the polling. We also know who the worst offenders are. Fox News is one of them.

The only thing I know for sure at this point is that you are a complete sucker for left wing talking points. You have yet investigated the poll in any fashion yet deem it pointless, just as I do your posts thus far.

Fox News Poll: Romney Edges Obama as Approval of President Drops - Mitt Romney - Fox Nation

As with every Romney-Obama matchup in the past six months, the race is so tight that it is within the poll’s margin of sampling error. This, however, is only the second time the Fox News poll shows Romney on top. The first time was November 2011, when he was also up by 2 percentage points.

Granted its far too early for this to mean much but it at least tells me that all these people running around claiming Obama is going to run away with this are a bit out of touch.

The only people who have the Weird Mormon Robot ahead of Obama are the usual suspects- Fox and Rasmussen. I think this is more propaganda than fact.

Reality is, unless he's going up against a non-entity whom he can outspend 10-1, Romney usually is a loser because people learn to dislike him really fast.

I believe the most recent RCP has him ahead as well.

And that has nothing to do with the poll results unless they didn't poll an accurate cross section of voters.

Fox News is a conservative biased outlet. It's no secret. You may as well give us a Huffington post piece.

We all know this stuff is biased based on who conducts the polling. We also know who the worst offenders are. Fox News is one of them.

The only thing I know for sure at this point is that you are a complete sucker for left wing talking points. You have yet investigated the poll in any fashion yet deem it pointless, just as I do your posts thus far.

What left wing talking points would those be?

Fox News is not a credible source, especially for political polling.

Fox News Poll: Romney Edges Obama as Approval of President Drops - Mitt Romney - Fox Nation

As with every Romney-Obama matchup in the past six months, the race is so tight that it is within the poll’s margin of sampling error. This, however, is only the second time the Fox News poll shows Romney on top. The first time was November 2011, when he was also up by 2 percentage points.

Granted its far too early for this to mean much but it at least tells me that all these people running around claiming Obama is going to run away with this are a bit out of touch.

The only people who have the Weird Mormon Robot ahead of Obama are the usual suspects- Fox and Rasmussen. I think this is more propaganda than fact.

Reality is, unless he's going up against a non-entity whom he can outspend 10-1, Romney usually is a loser because people learn to dislike him really fast.

Yup..

The conservative polls show Romney taking the lead, the liberal ones show Obama way out front.

Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

What left wing talking points would those be?

Fox News is not a credible source, especially for political polling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQWlrfAuDck&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Booker T Weakest Link - YouTube[/ame]

You're mistaken. I just looked.

In fact, the RCP average is probably biased in favor of Romney (although it shows Obama ahead) because it includes Fox and Rasmussen. Rasmussen, this far from an election, is in "set a narrative" mode; he biases his likely-voter models to make conservative candidates and issues look more promising than they probably are. He adopts a different methodology close to the election and becomes one of the more accurate pollsters out there, but at this point his poll is always an outlier. He is perfectly capable of showing Romney ahead right up until about two weeks before the election, and then having Obama miraculously pull into the lead -- and his own polls into agreement with others -- to correctly predict an Obama victory. He's done exactly that sort of thing before.

I don't have the same detailed knowledge about Fox's polling but it makes sense it would follow the same pattern, probably with less in the way of expertise.

ON a Fox poll, Romney is beating Obama.

Talk about a "no shit sherlock" moment.

You're mistaken. I just looked.

In fact, the RCP average is probably biased in favor of Romney (although it shows Obama ahead) because it includes Fox and Rasmussen. Rasmussen, this far from an election, is in "set a narrative" mode; he biases his likely-voter models to make conservative candidates and issues look more promising than they probably are. He adopts a different methodology close to the election and becomes one of the more accurate pollsters out there, but at this point his poll is always an outlier. He is perfectly capable of showing Romney ahead right up until about two weeks before the election, and then having Obama miraculously pull into the lead -- and his own polls into agreement with others -- to correctly predict an Obama victory. He's done exactly that sort of thing before.

I don't have the same detailed knowledge about Fox's polling but it makes sense it would follow the same pattern, probably with less in the way of expertise.

Absolutely. And not just the conservative polls. Polls are now political tools, not real information upon which to base your thought. If you do, you are being manipulated, which is the exact point.

Fox News is not a credible source. Everyone but those taken in by them know this.

My point: Fox News is not a credible source.

I don't take any media outlet's polls as overly credible. Unlike you, I don't differentiate based on their political leaning. I dismiss them all.

Unlike me?

You're claiming that I have advocated for one particular poll over another? I haven't.

Fox News is a heavily conservative slanted source. That's the only point made.

Any yet, they have been reasonably accurate in their polling. Go figure. You don't seem to understand the basics of how to read the data... you're not alone... lots of people just jump on the numbers without bothering to interrogate the source... that seems to be a left wing trait... but that may be because their 'sources' often leave out the actual data. In that, I credit Fox.... they have provided a link back to the original source material.

Oh... and quit editing my posts... it's against the board rules. TIA

Yep dragon, I misread josephs post. None the less like i said in the op, its too early to matter beyond the fact that the race is close and I believe the war on women mantra is doa.

The RCP is an average of all polls, and Obama still leads in the average.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

My point: Fox News is not a credible source.

:lmao:

Post the credible sources moron.......................

I did not name any credible sources.

Fox News is not a credible source for much of anything, much less political polling.

I am unsure why you feel the need to call me a moron. I apologize if have made some personal insult to you that I am not aware of.

I GOT IT. You can not name one so you wish to tear them all down.

You sound like one of the board idiots that can not tell the difference between news and commentary.

:lmao:

Post the credible sources moron.......................

Fox News is not a credible source for much of anything, much less political polling.

I am unsure why you feel the need to call me a moron. I apologize if have made some personal insult to you that I am not aware of.

You sound like one of the board idiots that can not tell the difference between news and commentary.

I figure the only way to give yourself an idea is to consider all sources and find the middle of opinion. I don't suggest taking Fox News as the truth anymore than I suggest taking the Huffington Post as the truth.

In other news, in a Pepsi conducted taste test, Pepsi wins.

Also of note, in a Coke conducted taste test, Coke wins.

Surprised yet?

I figure the only way to give yourself an idea is to consider all sources and find the middle of opinion. I don't suggest taking Fox News as the truth anymore than I suggest taking the Huffington Post as the truth.

Surprised yet?

Except that fox had Obama ahead in every poll but two in the last 6 months.

You're gonna have to rework your bullshit to fit that fact.

Surprised yet?

And I wouldn't take those numbers as being unbiased either.

Surprised yet?

Tell me then... Who REALLY shot JFK?

Tell me then... Who REALLY shot JFK?

Dude, you know, I know, everyone knows that these things are biased according to who produces them. It's not some highly contested fact. It's a given for most well grounded people. Only those with a personal bias in one direction or the other don't realize this and account for it when viewing these sorts of polls. You have to take into account the source. Most reasonable people understand this.

Forum List

Back