Romney 46 Obama 44 most recent poll

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Fox News Poll: Romney Edges Obama as Approval of President Drops - Mitt Romney - Fox Nation

As with every Romney-Obama matchup in the past six months, the race is so tight that it is within the poll’s margin of sampling error. This, however, is only the second time the Fox News poll shows Romney on top. The first time was November 2011, when he was also up by 2 percentage points.

Granted its far too early for this to mean much but it at least tells me that all these people running around claiming Obama is going to run away with this are a bit out of touch.

RCP Average 3/25 - 4/13 -- 46.6 44.2 Obama +2.4

Rasmussen Tracking 4/11 - 4/13 1500 LV 43 48 Romney +5

FOX News 4/9 - 4/11 910 RV 44 46 Romney +2

ABC News/Wash Post 4/5 - 4/8 RV 51 44 Obama +7

IBD/CSM/TIPP 3/30 - 4/5 816 RV 46 38 Obama +8

USA Today/Gallup 3/25 - 3/26 901 RV 49 45 Obama +4

Rasmussen is the most reliable and shows Romney ahead. Fox and USAToday are basically a wash.
The polls are largely meaningless until we see polling about a week ahead of the election and polling likely voters. Everything else is propaganda either way.

Fox News poll shows the republican ahead? Really?

I'm shocked.

Yep, for only the second time since this race began.

Your point?

My point: Fox News is not a credible source.

I don't take any media outlet's polls as overly credible. Unlike you, I don't differentiate based on their political leaning. I dismiss them all.

This one, however, was quite a small sample. 910 people. Not a big enough sample, although the split between R/D/I seems reasonable.

My other issue is that it's far too early to be interested in polls.

One other thing.... at least Fox links the poll back to the original data, thus providing anyone with a reasonable IQ the ability to interrogate their poll.... pity that many of the liberal media don't do that.

Last edited:

Swing states.

That's all that matters.

National polls are useless. Haven't we figured that out yet?

While you're pretty much correct, national polls are good for determining what messages are resounding and what messages are a bust.

I think that's true in general, but the individual states' polls do the same thing. The hard part is determining which are the most reliable state polls. Couldn't tell ya.

Your point?

I don't take any media outlet's polls as overly credible. Unlike you, I don't differentiate based on their political leaning. I dismiss them all.

Unlike me?

You're claiming that I have advocated for one particular poll over another? I haven't.

Fox News is a heavily conservative slanted source. That's the only point made.

Unlike me?

You're claiming that I have advocated for one particular poll over another? I haven't.

And that has nothing to do with the poll results unless they didn't poll an accurate cross section of voters.

Rasmussen is the most reliable and shows Romney ahead. Fox and USAToday are basically a wash.
The polls are largely meaningless until we see polling about a week ahead of the election and polling likely voters. Everything else is propaganda either way.

Rasmussen isn't any more reliable than the rest of them.

Rasmussen's polls were the least accurate of the major pollsters in 2010, having an average error of 5.8 points and a pro-Republican bias of 3.9 points according to Silver's model.[24] He singled out as an example the Hawaii Senate Race, in which Rasmussen showed incumbent Daniel Inouye only 13 points ahead, whereas in actuality he won by a 53% margin[25] – a difference of 40 points from Rasmussen's poll, or "the largest error ever recorded in a general election in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls conducted since 1998".[24]

TIME has described Rasmussen Reports as a "conservative-leaning polling group".[26] According to Charles Franklin, a University of Wisconsin political scientist who co-developed Pollster.com,[27] “He [Rasmussen] polls less favorably for Democrats, and that’s why he’s become a lightning rod." Franklin also said: "It’s clear that his results are typically more Republican than the other person’s results.”[28]

Rasmussen has received criticism over the wording in its polls.[30][31] Asking a polling question with different wording can affect the results of the poll;[32] the commentators in question allege that the questions Rasmussen ask in polls are skewed in order to favor a specific response. For instance, when Rasmussen polled whether Republican voters thought Rush Limbaugh was the leader of their party, the specific question they asked was: "Agree or Disagree: 'Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party -- he says jump and they say how high.'"[31]

You think this is the wording for a proper and fair poll result? Of course not... the question is loaded to illicit an emotion and preconceived response.

Last edited:

Your point?

:lmao:

Post the credible sources moron.......................

I did not name any credible sources.

Fox News is not a credible source for much of anything, much less political polling.

I am unsure why you feel the need to call me a moron. I apologize if have made some personal insult to you that I am not aware of.

Unlike me?

And that has nothing to do with the poll results unless they didn't poll an accurate cross section of voters.

Fox News is a conservative biased outlet. It's no secret. You may as well give us a Huffington post piece.

We all know this stuff is biased based on who conducts the polling. We also know who the worst offenders are. Fox News is one of them.

Fox News Poll: Romney Edges Obama as Approval of President Drops - Mitt Romney - Fox Nation

As with every Romney-Obama matchup in the past six months, the race is so tight that it is within the poll’s margin of sampling error. This, however, is only the second time the Fox News poll shows Romney on top. The first time was November 2011, when he was also up by 2 percentage points.

Granted its far too early for this to mean much but it at least tells me that all these people running around claiming Obama is going to run away with this are a bit out of touch.

The only people who have the Weird Mormon Robot ahead of Obama are the usual suspects- Fox and Rasmussen. I think this is more propaganda than fact.

Reality is, unless he's going up against a non-entity whom he can outspend 10-1, Romney usually is a loser because people learn to dislike him really fast.

New Topics

Forum List

Back