Romeny's Tax Returns from a Political Analysis Perspective

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I see a lot of "My side vs. your side" here. So let me offer the observations of an Independent. Like I said before, Reid is probably lying his ass off. Normally the burden of proof lies on the accuser. But Romney is not being tried in a court of law, he's running for president. Thus, he is being tried in the Court of Public Opinion. So while I doubt Romney has committed any crimes, only the most faithful of ConservaRepubs feel it's appropriate for Romney to continue withholding his returns. LibDems, Moderates and Indie opinions of him declines as a result.
Obama has come out ahead in every poll since July 11. That includes FOX, Rasmussen and Gallup. Only denial would lead someone to think this isn't an issue.
When the Conservative editors of the National Review says he should release his returns, you know this isn't "just another unfair Liberal attack". It's a legitimate concern for his campaign.

Release the Returns - The Editors - National Review Online

Romney has demonstrated that he in fact has a backbone. This is upsetting to the mindless and spineless.

Too fucking bad

eh. it's just a sideline issue for the Obama captured media to whine and distract about instead of doing their real job..

Hell, their certainly not going talk about the Obama pathetic and consistent failures, that would be counter productive and honest reporting after all...:lol:

I see a lot of "My side vs. your side" here. So let me offer the observations of an Independent. Like I said before, Reid is probably lying his ass off. Normally the burden of proof lies on the accuser. But Romney is not being tried in a court of law, he's running for president. Thus, he is being tried in the Court of Public Opinion. So while I doubt Romney has committed any crimes, only the most faithful of ConservaRepubs feel it's appropriate for Romney to continue withholding his returns. LibDems, Moderates and Indie opinions of him declines as a result.
Obama has come out ahead in every poll since July 11. That includes FOX, Rasmussen and Gallup. Only denial would lead someone to think this isn't an issue.
When the Conservative editors of the National Review says he should release his returns, you know this isn't "just another unfair Liberal attack". It's a legitimate concern for his campaign.

There's NOTHING independent about YOU or your source.

Stow it.:eusa_hand:

1. Yes

2. No, he was told by a Bain investor that Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years.

3. No, it was the Bain investor that lied to Reid.

4. No, Romney lied to the investor, and bragged how he didn't pay taxes for 10 years.

5. No, Romney used gimmicks and loopholes to avoid paying taxes for 10 years.

It's still in Mittens court, and don't expect it to go away. Considering the items found in the only complete return he did release, i.e. taking a $77,000 write off on a limited partnership that only produced $211 in revenue, that he calls his wife's hobby, I think that Romney wants to avoid his other schemes and embarrassments.

I don't see the upside to him releasing anymore than he has nor any further downside to not.

They want to make polical hey about tax issues that the people don't understand such as capital gains tax being the second tax on income.

One question will be whether the Dems can keep this issue alive for another 3 months.

You can be sure the debate moderators will be all over it.

Sure they will especially from the Leftist media already IN the tank for Obama.

Objectivity they forgot about decades ago.

They're a bunch of liars/manipulators.

C'mon, you guys cant demonize the left, the media, the right and the heavens and earth all for Romney. Eventually (done it already) you'll begin to look foolish.

"Everyone doesnt like me" may have worked when you explained to your momma why you have bad grades but it doesnt work in the real world

I agree Obama and the dems have Willard's balls nailed to the wall on this one. Like you mentioned, there was at least 12 different well known republicans telling him to release his papers, and he still hasn't.

My guess is if he did, what they would show will be so damning it would destroy any chance he would have at the presidency. I think he is just going to keep deflecting and hoping it will go away.

Obama needs to keep hamming the snot out of him on the issue and not let up.

Rich folks figure out ways to avoid paying taxes. They use their riches to higher tax attorneys to do just that. What the fuck do you think the 100 million dollar IRA is for?

Rich folks figure out ways to avoid paying taxes. They use their riches to higher tax attorneys to do just that. What the fuck do you think the 100 million dollar IRA is for?

Wow I agree with you....holy #@$%@#
Yeah I dont know what he paid and I dont really care. The point is I dont think he did anythig illegal or we would know. And if he didnt, then all rich people avoid taxes like the plague...the only ones I would go after are the ones that want to raise them...because they would be hypocrits....
We know Romney doesnt like taxes....so I'm not sure where Reid is going with that.

The other thing is Carney said Reid is on his own. I do believe Reid does have Obama's blessing, but it's not as effective if Obama's spokesman wont touch it......so they know in the end it'll probably end up a loser.

I'm not sure why anyone would think he should not release his tax returns.

This should be a normal part of the vetting process.

He's probably hiding participation in the amnesty program. I'm guessing that by "I pay lots of taxes" he was probably thinking back to 2009 when he turned himself into the IRS for untaxed overseas interest income and paid a massive chunk of change to make it right.

One question will be whether the Dems can keep this issue alive for another 3 months.

You can be sure the debate moderators will be all over it.

It's inside of 2 months until the first debate:

Commission on Presidential Debates Announces Sites, Dates, and Candidate Selection Criteria for 2012 General Election

Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., and Michael D. McCurry, co-chairmen of the non-partisan, non-profit Commission on Presidential Debates ("CPD") today announced sites and dates for three presidential and one vice presidential debates during the 2012 general election. The dates and sites are:

First presidential debate:
Wednesday, October 3
University of Denver, Denver, CO

Vice presidential debate:
Thursday, October 11
Centre College, Danville, KY

Second presidential debate (town meeting format):
Tuesday, October 16
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Third presidential debate:
Monday, October22
Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL

Everyone should recall that it was widely accepted that Walter Mondale won the first debate he had with Ronald Reagan. Reagan went on to win 49 states. At this level, the candidates debate themselves and unlike the era of Reagan, the candidates have sterilized the process to basically a co-hosted infomercial.

They should sell country western CD's or the Sham-Wow. Vince from Slap Chop should be the moderator.

Forum List

Back