Romantic Movies for Valentines day....that guys won't hate....

Top movies for Valentines day that are deeply romantic but actually entertaining for men.......

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke
4. Mr. and Mrs. Smith ( I saw this one listed at National Review)
5. Romancing the Stone ( National review list)

Any more...and they should have a deep romantic story to them, not just a chic in the movie.....

3 & 4, I haven't seen or remember if I had.

2 & 5 are easy, yep romantic thought my favorite part of Braveheart is when the army moons the other side. & 'Let's go pick a fight' or whatever he said.

1 Terminator is really stretching it for romance. Even if that was our first movie date, but romantic? Not when sitting in the front row & you hear a weird sound over the blare of the stereo sound system to discover your date is snoring. :lmao:and I still married him. Go figure.

I would consider Jaws more romantic by the scare factor.
Seems a lot of you like some gore with your romance :laugh2:

Add the Hulk to the list ... The newer one with Liv Tyler. That had sappy love shit in it. :)

Top movies for Valentines day that are deeply romantic but actually entertaining for men.......

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

Any more...and they should have a deep romantic story to them, not just a chic in the movie.....

2 & 5 are easy, yep romantic thought my favorite part of Braveheart is when the army moons the other side. & 'Let's go pick a fight' or whatever he said.

1 Terminator is really stretching it for romance. Even if that was our first movie date, but romantic? Not when sitting in the front row & you hear a weird sound over the blare of the stereo sound system to discover your date is snoring. :lmao:and I still married him. Go figure.

I've never been much of a 'girlie-girl' so I like movies that have a solid plot. But I had suggested Jaws for 'romance' because it can be kinda scary for women who would jump to the guy to protect her. Just using the 'male' thinking process there. LOL

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

I've never been much of a 'girlie-girl' so I like movies that have a solid plot. But I had suggested Jaws for 'romance' because it can be kinda scary for women who would jump to the guy to protect her. Just using the 'male' thinking process there. LOL
I'm not into romance movies, unless they're romcoms. I was just taken aback by the suggestions of Terminator and Braveheart though :finger3:

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

I'm not into romance movies, unless they're romcoms. I was just taken aback by the suggestions of Terminator and Braveheart though :finger3:

What are 'romcoms'? I don't know what that means.

Terminator, I agree. I don't see the romance. But Braveheart I can, with his wife throughout & the fight for his country's independence from the tyrannical King's rule.
I wasn't trying to be nasty so keep your birds wings clipped. ok? just sayin

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

The Scene with Reese and the photo, and under the highway............really?

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

wach them again with that in mind.........

What was Reese motivated by?

Braveheart...are you kidding, the first part of the movie...the little girl who grows up and they meet again...and the thistle......?

And as the ghost comes to him in the dark?

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

Terminator, I agree. I don't see the romance. But Braveheart I can, with his wife throughout & the fight for his country's independence from the tyrannical King's rule.
Huh? I didn't think for a second you were trying to be nasty! Neither was I.
.?????

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

wach them again with that in mind.........

What was Reese motivated by?

Braveheart...are you kidding, the first part of the movie...the little girl who grows up and they meet again...and the thistle......?

And as the ghost comes to him in the dark?
I guess I'm not a fan of the disembowelment and decapitation at the end. But I take your point.

1. Terminator
2. Braveheart
3. Lady Hawke

Ah, I see now. The green emoji, lol. I didn't notice what it is doing with its fingers :rolleyes: my apologies.
Romcoms are romantic comedies.

Ah, I see now. The green emoji, lol. I didn't notice what it is doing with its fingers :rolleyes: my apologies.
Romcoms are romantic comedies.

ok, no worries. And yeah, later I realized about the romcoms, but thanks. :)

Thor
Guardians of the Galaxy
Rocky
Spider-Man

Was that a joke, or did you mean it? I thought women hated those kinds of movies. (in general. always exceptions).
Not a joke. Just following OP's instructions.

However ...think I have seen Thor and Spider-Man 20 or more times. :)
I wonder why I never meet girls like this... The only women I run into, are all face hugger handsome adolescent boy watchers.

Name a movie that DOESN'T have a romantic element to it.

Very very few....

Movie makers put love or romance in almost EVERY movie so there is something in it for the women.

Taken (the original) is the closest I can think of off the top of my head as a movie with no romantic love in it. I know there are others, but not many.....

Movie makers put love or romance in almost EVERY movie so there is something in it for the women.

Taken (the original) is the closest I can think of off the top of my head as a movie with no romantic love in it. I know there are others, but not many.....

They even did it in the Original Star Wars...then lucas went nuts and made the boyhood crush soooooo creepy by making the object of that crush the guys sister.....

Perhaps this explains why I never go to the movies.

I liked We Were Soldiers, which had no romance. Saving Private Ryan, which had no romance. Terminator 2, which had no romance. In fact, I often find that romance kills some movies, like Kingdom of Haven, which the romance was sick and disgusting, and was not even remotely true in the historical events.

Cramming a romantic element into every single film, where it doesn't fit, doesn't make sense, isn't irrational or logical, makes for a bad movie. Although one could argue it does explain why people in America are so miserable. You live your life, the way it is portrayed in the movies, and your life will be a train wreck.

Perhaps this explains why I never go to the movies.

I liked We Were Soldiers, which had no romance. Saving Private Ryan, which had no romance. Terminator 2, which had no romance. In fact, I often find that romance kills some movies, like Kingdom of Haven, which the romance was sick and disgusting, and was not even remotely true in the historical events.

Cramming a romantic element into every single film, where it doesn't fit, doesn't make sense, isn't irrational or logical, makes for a bad movie. Although one could argue it does explain why people in America are so miserable. You live your life, the way it is portrayed in the movies, and your life will be a train wreck.

I'm a woman and I hate that.
I think it's the manipulation part of it.
It's like, let the story be the story.
If I want to see a love story, I want it to be about love.
If I want to see a movie about crime, I want it to be about crime.
I'm not saying there should NEVER be overlap, but sometimes the love/sex is thrown in their gratuitously...

Forum List

Back