Romania (Brochures): Tourist Drumline

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I've never been to Romania, but I stopped over at Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport (BHCI) during a trip to India (you see I'm from India by birth but a U.S. citizen who occasionally visits India).

While at BHCI, I noticed the intriguing cultural sights and sounds of the Romanian 'atmosphere,' and even noticed the colorful hospitable airport greeters (dressed in authentic traditional Romanian garb).

Since that day, I've always wanted to visit Romania (and see Transylvania!).

Romania seems to be a place you can dive into (in terms of culture and aura) simply from the intrigue created by tourism brochures, site-location snapshots, etc.

You can't say that about most places. Sure there're great tourism photos/brochures, but that doesn't necessarily make you feel like the place is inviting/accessible.

Romania stands out in this sense, which is why I give it a special 'Eye-Candy Rating' of 10 (out of 10 stars!).

If you've seen the Romania exploration-comedy film Transylvania 6-5000, you might want to go see Romania, dude!

====

TOURISM AGENT: People want to see Romania for its colorful culture and rich storytelling history.
TOURIST: You're referring to Transylvania/Dracula, of course...
TOURISM AGENT: Yes, and I'm also referring to the 'sense of place' created by cultural flair!
TOURIST: Yes, it seems like a very unique place.
TOURISM AGENT: Affordable travel-packages for tourists could make such a trip very dreamy.
TOURIST: I guess it's a 'photogenic draw.'

====

Romania (WikiTravel)

peles-castle.jpg

romania.jpg

cemetery.jpg

Forum List

Back