Romance on a budget, NYC and DC

Sep 12, 2008
Yesterday I wast talking to two of my esl people. They are are planning on a quick romantic two week stay on the east coast before they head back to Asia. They want to do some fun and romantic things together, but the budget is pretty tight. (They are planning on going greyhound between NYC and DC.)

What romantic and fun things are there to do in DC and NYC than a college student can do on a rational budget? Safety is a concern of course.

No drinking, they are under 21.

What recommendations would you have?

Somehow, I suspect that two college students under 21 years of age can come up with some fun and romantic ideas of their own given a little time and space.

I volunteer with the English as a Second Language program at PCC.

And from their body language, they are pretty familiar with horizontal enjoyments. They can do that at their apartment here.

But they are going to go back home, and this is the last chance to see sights on a budget. Last time I was in either place was back in the early 80's. So I don't have a lot of advice.

Yesterday I wast talking to two of my esl people. They are are planning on a quick romantic two week stay on the east coast before they head back to Asia. They want to do some fun and romantic things together, but the budget is pretty tight. (They are planning on going greyhound between NYC and DC.)

What romantic and fun things are there to do in DC and NYC than a college student can do on a rational budget? Safety is a concern of course.

No drinking, they are under 21.

What recommendations would you have?

A "rational budget?"

For TWO WEEKS???

Frankly, I don't think many people can comfortably remain in DC or NYC for Two Weeks on a rational budget, but then I'm a pretty cheap SOB.

One week might be OK, and pick Either DC or NYC. I'd pick a place to stay off Times Square, and go exploring. Its almost impossible not to find interesting/romantic things to do.

BTW, they are doing this the last week of June, first week of July.

My personal advice would be to go Ashland and Coos bay. But that is always my advice.

Forum List

Back