Romance in the Air

Sep 12, 2008
Most of what you see on the Wedinator is varioius kinds of horrible. But this was cool!
Romance at 3000 feet.

trimotor_proposal1.jpg

Jill Bowers had quite the surprise while traveling aboard EAA’s Ford Tri-Motor during Fall Color Flight. Flying with her daughter, Kendall, and her boyfriend, Paul Reynebeau, the airplane took off from Pioneer Airport and banked over Wittman Regional when Jill noticed colored letters on the convention taxiway that read, “JILL, WILL U MARRY ME? -PAUL”. At the same time, Paul pulled out an engagement ring to officially pop the question, which was met with a happy “yes!” from the bride-to-be.

It all came together when Paul asked EAA if they could help him propose to his girlfriend in a unique way. After devising a plan, hundreds of colored traffic cones were placed on the open ramp at AeroShell Square to form the magic words. After Jill accepted, the rest of the Tri-Motor passengers applauded. Welch radioed the Oshkosh control tower and volunteers and visitors on the ground at Pioneer Airport, who also cheered for the happy couple when the aircraft landed. Aww!

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
Aw, that's pretty awesome. Whenever that day comes for me, I wanna do something out-there and memorable like this. Thanks for sharing!

Check out Shogan's proposal thread. That is the way to do it.

I wish I could link to it, but I don't have quite the right level of board-fu

Asking a girl to marry you isn't such a hard thing to do. First, pick out one you think you'd like to spend the rest of your life with. Then, just stalk them until they start making you take out the garbage and walk the dog. Next thing you know, you're invited in for supper and then it's wedding bells. It worked that way with my little brother and he only had to go to jail twice before he found a nice wife.

Well, it was only that one that was worthwhile.

Trying to find it is like the process the mining companies in South Africa have to go through in order to get the gold out of the rock.

Forum List

Back