Rolling Thunder from someone who was in it

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City

We see the pictures on TV. But, he don’t hear the noise or see the interaction between hundreds of thousands of vets and American patriots.

This story comes from someone who took part and it just might cause you to get a tight gut in places.

Most of all I will remember the spectators, who lined the ride with flags and flattering signs, and cheered us on the whole way. I've been on many rides before, but never one in which the community made us so welcome. They were proud of us.

After the ride, with my bike in Potomac Park and the shade of the trees to rest in, I met a group of riders one of whom was having his shoe tied by the other. The one guy couldn't bend his back anymore due to injuries, so his brothers knelt down on the grass and tied it for him. He didn't get left behind. No one gets left behind. That's what the ride was about, with the POW/MIA issue as its main focus. It wasn't just words. They were living it out.

The full story @ Grim's Hall: Rolling Thunder

Sadly the day of the angry (draftee) Vietnam biker Vet is gone. The Harley Davidson Co. whines about the President's foreign trade policy and modern Vets can't seem to muster the energy to join Rolling Thunder with mortgages and student loan payments to deal with.

From reading the right wing posts here, I suspect lots of right wingers need help tying their shoes.

Forum List

Back