Rolling Stones: Top 100 Greatest Voices of All Time

John Lennon would say he was overrated at #5.

Always had self-loathing - his voice, his looks esp during his "fat period" ie1965 -despite the fact that the girls were gaga over him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6iPA0nGLGM]The Rolling Stones Honky Tonk Woman - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZLZboXJvw]The Pogues - Honky Tonk Women - YouTube[/ame]

WHen I first saw the thread title, I thought "Mick Jagger? Oh come now!" The title could have used an apostrophe.
I would have put Orbison and Joplin higher

Eh, I disagree with most of the list. John Lennon wasn't even the best singer in The Beatles (Paul blows him out of the water, and even George was better than John). And no Layne Staley?

Then again the Rolling Stone doesn't have much credibility when it comes to music anymore. They actually listed Kurt Cobain as the 12th best guitarist of all time..........ahead of Beck (14th) and a bunch of other note-worthy players. And wait get this....Eddie Van Halen, where did he rank? 70th. That's right-70th.

Now i know these lists are all opinions, but anybody who plays guitar will tell you there's something wrong with that.

Eh, I disagree with most of the list. John Lennon wasn't even the best singer in The Beatles (Paul blows him out of the water, and even George was better than John). And no Layne Staley?

Then again the Rolling Stone doesn't have much credibility when it comes to music anymore. They actually listed Kurt Cobain as the 12th best guitarist of all time..........ahead of Beck (14th) and a bunch of other note-worthy players. And wait get this....Eddie Van Halen, where did he rank? 70th. That's right-70th.

Now i know these lists are all opinions, but anybody who plays guitar will tell you there's something wrong with that.

You must never have listened to I Should Have Known Better, Strawberry Fields Forever, I Am The Walrus etc.

John has the best vocals of The Beatles - BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must never have listened to I Should Have Known Better, Strawberry Fields Forever, I Am The Walrus etc.

Paul is a much better singer. His range is much wider than Lennon's , and can sing many styles.

There's a reason why when The Beatles covered songs that were more vocally challenging (such as Elvis), Paul was the one doing the vocals duties He can also hit a falsetto (something Lennon could not).

While John was a great song-writer, he was not a great singer, not a bad singer-but not a great singer.

Janis Joplin is rated much too low and Frank Sinatra isn't on there at all. Fooey.

There's no way Bono should be ahead of Paul Rodgers or on the list at all.

And Bob Dylan in the top 10? Don't get me wrong I like a lot of his stuff but a good singer he ain't.

Last edited:

Paul is a much better singer. His range is much wider than Lennon's , and can sing many styles.

There's a reason why when The Beatles covered songs that were more vocally challenging (such as Elvis), Paul was the one doing the vocals duties He can also hit a falsetto (something Lennon could not).

While John was a great song-writer, he was not a great singer, not a bad singer-but not a great singer.

RS disagreed with you.

They ranked John #5 best vocalist and Paul around #12.

Listen to Nowhere Man.

Forum List

Back