Rolling Stone’s top 10 greatest guitarists

Orianthi Profile

Learn about the female guitarist in the Michael Jackson rehearsal videos

Since the final Michael Jackson "This Is It" rehearsal videos have been released, people have been talking about the female guitarist featured alongside Jackson. Her name is Orianthi Panagaris, and she's barely 24 years old.

Born in Adelaide, South Australia on January 22 1985, Orianthi started playing guitar at age six. When the guitarist was 11, she saw Carlos Santana play, and dedicated herself to the electric guitar. By 15, Orianthi had left school to concentrate on playing music full time. That same year Orianthi opened for Steve Vai, and by the time the guitarist was 18, she had shared a stage with Carlos Santana. Apparently, Santana was impressed - he's quoted as saying "If I was going to pass the baton to somebody, she would be my first choice."

Orianthi - female guitarist in Michael Jackson rehearsal video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYxsRB-3Tjc]Orianthi & Michael jackson - YouTube[/ame]

She's pretty amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a fan of Hendrix's music, and still am, but best guitarist? No way. That would go to Eric Clapton at least and i would have trouble arguing with other picks as well like Eddie Van Halen.

The Rolling Stone has been clueless for decades.

Forum List

Back