Rolling Stone’s top 10 greatest guitarists

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0x9HAFcvG0]Best 15 Year old Female Guitarist in the world!- Desiree Bassett shreds to Power & Force! - YouTube[/ame]

NEVER underestimate chicks..................unless it's the so-called moderatora---Chicks with dix ???
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uftF1GkOSSw&feature=related]Jennifer Batten: ZC3 Michael Jackson Tribute - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I07Y7oWrskI&feature=related]PG3-1 Jennifer Batten "Tribute to Les Paul", Flight of the Bumble Bee" - YouTube[/ame]

Jimi Hendrix named 'greatest guitar player in history' - Telegraph

1. Jimi Hendrix

2. Eric Clapton

3. Jimmy Page

4. Keith Richards

5. Jeff Beck

6. B.B. King

7. Chuck Berry

8. Eddie Van Halen

9. Duane Allman

10. Pete Townshend

I won't nit-pik the list, but don't ya think Stevie Ray Vaughan should be on the list?

Chuck Berry had a rep but I think he was pretty stupid and egomaniacle. Keith Richards did a tour with the bastard and regretted it.

You need to include Joe Walsh in that group of ten taking off Chuck Berry, along with Don Felder who wrote "Hotel California" and played lead guitar for the Eagles. Berry was a one-trick pony.

Last edited:
Wrong list, mister know-it-all!

Thats actually the right list.

The top 10 is all that is mentioned in the OP, but that is where the list came from.

Plus, BB King isn't a "Rock" guitarist.
It's not the same top 10, therefore it's not the same list!
Comprehension fails you.

No, it's actually the right list. Click the link in the OP:

Legendary musician Jimi Hendrix has been named the greatest guitar player in history by Rolling Stone magazine in a list compiled by a panel of music experts and top guitar players.

And then you go to Rolling Stone:

100 Greatest Guitarists | Rolling Stone

Edit: You're half right. I posted the original 2003 link in my previous post. The updated list is right here. Which is the same list. Which is a list of the 100 greatest guitarists, which is where the Telegraph story in the OP came from. Which still proves that TM is dead wrong.

Last edited:

1. Jimi Hendrix

2. Eric Clapton

3. Jimmy Page

4. Keith Richards

5. Jeff Beck

6. B.B. King

7. Chuck Berry

8. Eddie Van Halen

9. Duane Allman

10. Pete Townshend

I won't nit-pik the list, but don't ya think Stevie Ray Vaughan should be on the list?

Chuck Berry had a rep but I think he was pretty stupid and egomaniacle. Keith Richards did a tour with the bastard and regretted it.

You need to include Joe Walsh in that group of ten taking off Chuck Berry, along with Don Felder who wrote "Hotel California" and played lead guitar for the Eagles. Berry was a one-trick pony.

a one trick pony who who influenced a hell of a lot of People....:eusa_eh:......how many new guitarist say Joe Walsh was my major influence as compared to how many say that about Berry?......how many Joe Walsh songs are recorded as compared to Berry?.....ill tell you what Mud when Walsh or Felder write a tune that is covered as often as "Johnny B. Goode" then you might have a point.....but until then....find me a greatest Guitarist list that even has them 2 guys in the top 25....

1. Jimi Hendrix

2. Eric Clapton

3. Jimmy Page

4. Keith Richards

5. Jeff Beck

6. B.B. King

7. Chuck Berry

8. Eddie Van Halen

9. Duane Allman

10. Pete Townshend

Yes. At least they didn't stick "Yngwie Malmsteen" or some other hair band thrasher on there though. Being a "great" guitarist should entail writing great music and not just playing faster than anyone else.

1. Jimi Hendrix

2. Eric Clapton

3. Jimmy Page

4. Keith Richards

5. Jeff Beck

6. B.B. King

7. Chuck Berry

8. Eddie Van Halen

9. Duane Allman

10. Pete Townshend

Yes. At least they didn't stick "Yngwie Malmsteen" or some other hair band thrasher on there though. Being a "great" guitarist should entail writing great music and not just playing faster than anyone else.

If I remember correctly after perusing the full 100 list last night, Yngwie didn't even make the top 100.

I would've at least put him in place of Lindsey Buckingham.

Forum List

Back