*Rolling Blackouts Are Immoral*

*Can Or Should We Sue The Power Companies*?

• 1. *I think so*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. *If We Don't We Are Immoral So It Balances Out*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry bout that,

If Texas would just allow the power companies to charge enough to upgrade their power generation and distribution facilities.

1. Oh they know how to charge me enough already.
2. They will and do charge me 3 bucks a month for the next ten years for this *smart meter*, whether I have it or not.
3. Even after I have it, I get socked with the bill.
4. But the over riding factor here is its *immoral* and it is.
5. Lets frame this in another area, say cell phones, they use electricity to charge, they may be able to locate your cell phones in our houses being charged, and turn off that circuit, saving the power of something in their opinion isn't a priority.
6. Or turn off your fish pond pumps, so your fish die.
7. Who gives then the power or right to kill my fish?:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Saying that the physical limitation of a device, " a electrical grid" is immoral is not well informed in my opinion. You cannot get 5 gallons of anything out of a two gallon bucket, hospitals and coldbeer have certain inalienable and indisputable priorities.

1. Your just plain stupid, is all.:eek:
2. I didn't say the grid was immoral, I said those who control the grid are *immoral*.:evil:
3. There is a differance, some one explain it to this moron for me eh???:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

If Texas would just allow the power companies to charge enough to upgrade their power generation and distribution facilities.

2. They will and do charge me 3 bucks a month for the next ten years for this *smart meter*, whether I have it or not.
5. Lets frame this in another area, say cell phones, they use electricity to charge, they may be able to locate your cell phones in our houses being charged, and turn off that circuit, saving the power of something in their opinion isn't a priority.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well either you signed up for the smart meter to save a few bucks, or your republican government allowed the power companies to install smart meters without customer consent.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well either you signed up for the smart meter to save a few bucks, or your republican government allowed the power companies to install smart meters without customer consent.

1. Noway!,..I am neither saving a few bucks, because it wasn't even offered me.
2. Or did I consent, I refused them the first time they came to my house, and they came again when I wasn't able to answer the door, and went to the side of my house and kid-napped my old meter.
3. I have been had.:evil:
4. And so have all my neighbors.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

If everyone is not making provisions to get off the grid in everyway, you are asking for it.

Get some acreage, have dirt, trees, and water. Grow your own vegetables, plant your own fruit trees, have your own well, have some chickens, hogs, and goats (or cows if you are so inclined), have an efficient home, buy a few solar panels each year, and have a wood burning stove or furnace. Quit using debit and credit cards and work with cash only. Make your real investments in tangible goods, the American dollar is being driven down at the speed of light. Your 401k will be seized by the government, if you are my age (29) or close, you won't get a social security check....period.

Get ready, get off the grid, and do it now.

Sorry bout that

Chess,

As someone who works for the third largest gas and electric utility company in the United States, let me see if I can do a better job of explaining what "Smart Grid" actually does, so you can be righteously upset about the RIGHT THINGS when it comes to the program.

"Smart Grid" is really about lowering the usage of the average customer in order to "conserve" electricity. Smart Meters will eventually be connected through wireless communication to all the major appliances in your home (Smart washers, dishwashers, dryers, etc.. should be coming in the next couple years). Once that is in place, the appliance will inform you of added charges to your bill if you use it during peak load times. For the moment it simply looks at the total usage for the home and applies rate increases as necessary during high demand times. So your $0.16/per kWh may go to $0.22 per kWh if you decide to run that air conditioner in the middle of the summer, or do laundry at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Additionally, "Smart Grid" allows for feeder balancing by shutting down areas of a feeder if another area of the feeder with customers whose power must be maintained (certain types of businesses are REQUIRED to be provided with constant power unless it is not at all possible) experience loss of voltage. Likewise, load may be turned off or reduced on one feeder to ensure another feeder doesn't "brown out". Those are not intended to be common occurances; only during very high demand situations where a mandated customer is under threat of losing power or where the demand is too high for the system to maintain.

1. Well I don't like the fact my appliances will be some day, alerting me, I'm about to have to pay more to use it.:evil:
2. Yup thats *IMMORAL* too.:evil:
3. When does the *moral code* say I have to listen to a feaking washing machine?:evil:
4. I should get a fair shake on this, I am not a freaking rat in a cage, my rate for electric service should be even flowed, normal and exact.
5. This whole things just a way to control me, and everyone else.
6. Yup its *IMMORAL*.
7. Most people can't see it.
8. But I am not *most people*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Re. point 8: Thank God!

Sorry bout that,

No its not STFU

1. You're an idiot.
2. If you think its not immoral then you my friend are a fool.:lol:
3. Sorry, there's nothing that can change that.
4. We are slipping into the *third world* and no one else can see it, but me.
5. This is America, not some *third world slacker country*.
6. If you think its the right thing to do, have more and more things turned over to outside forces, then you got no clue.
7. Here's one reason its *immoral* if you can handle it.
8. Nice little old lady is using a breathing machine in order to breath, its late on a week end evening, and all of a sudden there goes *Frank the Fu**er* turning off her whole block.
9. Her air stops flowing and she kills over.
10. Its *immoral*, end of story.
11. If you people can't see that your just plain stupid, and its not my problem.:evil: You can't fix stupid!
12. The fact that some commercial users will be immune to these roving black outs is alone enough proof its immoral.
13. Dallas Cowboy stadium is immune to these roving black outs, and so are many other commercial locations, including government buildings.
14. Look *pawns* I'm just trying to give you the heads up.
15. Stop acting like a pig with your heads stuck in a trough.:cool:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Re. you point 15: Stop acting like an idiot with your head stuck up your ass.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that

Chess,

As someone who works for the third largest gas and electric utility company in the United States, let me see if I can do a better job of explaining what "Smart Grid" actually does, so you can be righteously upset about the RIGHT THINGS when it comes to the program.

"Smart Grid" is really about lowering the usage of the average customer in order to "conserve" electricity. Smart Meters will eventually be connected through wireless communication to all the major appliances in your home (Smart washers, dishwashers, dryers, etc.. should be coming in the next couple years). Once that is in place, the appliance will inform you of added charges to your bill if you use it during peak load times. For the moment it simply looks at the total usage for the home and applies rate increases as necessary during high demand times. So your $0.16/per kWh may go to $0.22 per kWh if you decide to run that air conditioner in the middle of the summer, or do laundry at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Additionally, "Smart Grid" allows for feeder balancing by shutting down areas of a feeder if another area of the feeder with customers whose power must be maintained (certain types of businesses are REQUIRED to be provided with constant power unless it is not at all possible) experience loss of voltage. Likewise, load may be turned off or reduced on one feeder to ensure another feeder doesn't "brown out". Those are not intended to be common occurances; only during very high demand situations where a mandated customer is under threat of losing power or where the demand is too high for the system to maintain.

1. Well I don't like the fact my appliances will be some day, alerting me, I'm about to have to pay more to use it.:evil:
3. When does the *moral code* say I have to listen to a feaking washing machine?:evil:
4. I should get a fair shake on this, I am not a freaking rat in a cage, my rate for electric service should be even flowed, normal and exact.
6. Yup its *IMMORAL*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Finally we agree on SOMETHING!!!!!:lol:

Regards,
SirJanesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Ermie S. ol Hogman, so lets hear it, you don't actually think its *immoral* what is taking place with the roving blackouts then?
2. I will only need a yes or no answer.
3. And yes, you may be sorry you answer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that

6. Yup its *IMMORAL*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Finally we agree on SOMETHING!!!!!:lol:

Regards,
SirJanesofTexas
I'm undecided You are either quick, or deluded. Help me out here.

Sorry bout that,

1. Ermie S. ol Hogman, so lets hear it, you don't actually think its *immoral* what is taking place with the roving blackouts then?
2. I will only need a yes or no answer.
3. And yes, you may be sorry you answer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Re. your point 1: What is immoral is the fact that you are permitted to own a computer.

Sorry bout that,

*HERE'S HOW USCITIZEN*

1. But recently, here in Texas, the electric companies are coming to our houses, and kidnapping our old meters and installing a *smart meter*, which indeed they do *smart*, because now, some dude up in some tower, has the power to shut us all off, with a click of a mouse, this is infact making us a *THIRD WORLD COUNTRY*, which is *immoral*.
2. Its like they are standing in my garage, and turning off the main breaker, which is wrong, and *immoral*, he has no right to have this kind of control over my existance, if ice or wind makes a tree fall, and takes out my power, thats an act of God, thats not immoral, but some man, standing infront of a computer screen, clicking his mouse over a neighbothood, and pushing the "off* tab, is *IMMORAL*, folks, I know you don't see it, because more or less, you are *immoral*, and people who are *immoral* don't know when *immoral* things are done to them.
3. Thats why I'm here, to point out the painfully obvious *immoral* things that are happening to us as a whole.
4. I know I just *morally* kicked you in the seat of the pants, but we are all in this together, so lets fight the power!!!!
5. Can or should we sue?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back