Roll-your-own cigarette stores going up in smoke

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chanel, Jul 7, 2012.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Roll-your-own cigarette stores going up in smoke - Chicago Sun-Times

"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." - Barack Obama

2. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Roll-your-own cigarette stores going up in smoke - Chicago Sun-Times

Say what you like about smoking, it's legal in this country, and this is another example of Obama KILLING another small business in what TWO DEMOCRATS ARE ALREADY ADMITTING IS A DEPRESSION (Biden and Waxman).

Liberals will applaud this, because they are big time nannies who think "the government should get out of the bed room" but just be in EVERY OTHER CHOICE WE MAKE IN OUR LIVES INCLUDING NOW OUR HEALTHCARE! Hypocrites!

I don't smoke. I have never smoked. My husband (Thank God) quit seven years ago, after smoking was killing him with asthma (which he developed from smoking)

I don't encourage smoking. BUT, it is a LEGAL product in the United States and the government can't have it both ways. Either BAN the damn stuff or leave it alone!

Stop trying to tax it out of buiness, because you don't have the courage to ban it, and at the same time kill small business like tobacco shops and the like.

3. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Oh COME ON! NO ONE has the guts to talk about this?

4. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  5. signelect

signelect BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Obama is a fool but he does not pass laws, congress does. I am all for any law congress pases as long as it applies to them as well as to me. To waste time on an issue like this is foolish with so many real issues to face.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Lolberal dweebs are more lit up over having to show an ID to vote, than active destruction of economic activity by the fascist-in-chief.

7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Roll-your-own cigarette operations to be snuffed out - Business - ReviewJournal.com

A tiny amendment buried in the federal transportation bill to be signed today by President Barack Obama will put operators of roll-your-own cigarette operations in Las Vegas and nationwide out of business at midnight.

Robert Weissen, with his brothers and other partners, own nine Sin City Cigarette Factory locations in Southern Nevada, including six in Las Vegas, and one in Hawaii. He said when the bill is signed their only choice is to turn off their 20 RYO Filling Station machines and lay off more than 40 employees.

The unemployment rate in Las Vegas is 11.6. I'm sure the newly unemployed with be thanking obama for their funemployment.

8. GoneBezerk

GoneBezerk BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +495
    Don't blink but soon they'll be shutting down or handcuffing fast food companies, soda companies, junk food companies, etc across the nation in the name of saving taxpayer money for Obamacare "costs."

Everyone should eat healthy will be the salespitch so $8 Big Macs after taxes will be the way to quell your hunger for a Big Mac.

They've started in NYC with their attack on fast food and soda.

9. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    I touched on this in one of the unemployment threads yesterday.

While number of people losing their jobs because of this is relatively small, I imagine it is of little consequence to them.

I also found this intriguing:

Why something like this was buried in a transportation bill is beyond me...

Of course I am no fan of the tactic of sticking little amendments onto bills, especially amendments that have absolutely nothing to do with the bill in question. It a sneaky practice I think should be abolished.

10. squeeze berry

squeeze berry Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    do you think they will shut down Popeye's and KFC?