ROLL TIDE!

Alabama should schedule more Western Carolina like teams to pad their record before the 'big' game. Wait they do....

The SEC the conference of abuser and cheats.

Oh look. Antiquity comes back with more baseless accusations about cheating and whining about creampuffs on SEC schedules. lol Like there aren't creampuffs on anyone else's schedule. And of course, the only cheating in college football happens in the SEC. lmao Haters gotta hate.

Why do you think that the SEC has dominated college football for over a decade, minus last year perhaps?

Is there something in the water down there? Do they have superior genetics? What?

The players in the SEC are not all southern. We recruit all over the nation.

First of all, I think the fanbase has something to do with it. Pro football teams are a relatively recent addition in the south, but college football has been a huge thing for decades.

Second, I think the money spent on coaches and facilities has paid off well.

I think a large part of it is simply location.

If you are the best player in the nation, do you want to go to sunny Florida where all the pretty girls are 24/7, or do you want to go to Michigan?

I don't buy the whole fan base idea. Like everything else in this world, it comes down to money. The SEC simply has a better way of making money and using it than other conferences. For this reason, they will continue to dominate the playoff picture until the NCAA does something to return parity to college football.
The make money because they win, idiot.

Hell, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn, and Alabama have only lost to other SEC teams.

We have parity in the SEC, look at how many different SEC teams won BCS championships.

Only pussies whine about SEC success.

Alabama should schedule more Western Carolina like teams to pad their record before the 'big' game. Wait they do....

The SEC the conference of abuser and cheats.

Oh look. Antiquity comes back with more baseless accusations about cheating and whining about creampuffs on SEC schedules. lol Like there aren't creampuffs on anyone else's schedule. And of course, the only cheating in college football happens in the SEC. lmao Haters gotta hate.

Why do you think that the SEC has dominated college football for over a decade, minus last year perhaps?

Is there something in the water down there? Do they have superior genetics? What?

First of all, I think the fanbase has something to do with it. Pro football teams are a relatively recent addition in the south, but college football has been a huge thing for decades.

If you are the best player in the nation, do you want to go to sunny Florida where all the pretty girls are 24/7, or do you want to go to Michigan?

I don't buy the whole fan base idea. Like everything else in this world, it comes down to money. The SEC simply has a better way of making money and using it than other conferences. For this reason, they will continue to dominate the playoff picture until the NCAA does something to return parity to college football.

Hell, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn, and Alabama have only lost to other SEC teams.

We have parity in the SEC, look at how many different SEC teams won BCS championships.

OSU also wins idiot.

Both Bama and OSU have one loss this year.

Am I a pussy for wondering why the SEC dominates college football, or does it show I have half a brain?

I think the fan base DOES have an effect. That is where much of the money comes from. When you can have 96k people show up for the spring practice game, it is noticed by media and the athletes. When you can sell out a 101k seat stadium, you make more money, get more tv coverage, and get more of the top athletes.

Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama's home field) seats 101,821 people (since 2010). The attendance record is 101,821. That record has been matched 29 times. We play 7 home games per year. So out of 35 home games, Alabama has sold it out (101,821) 29 times. That is a lot of revenue, exposure, and hype for recruits.

So does Ohio State. So what?

Do you know the bowl record Ohio State as against the SEC? It is 0-9. This dates back to the days of Woody Hayes.

Ok, it is location and southerners are better. :D

Look at Oregon, the facilities there, the game style, the coaches all breed success for a program once considered dead.

Yes and Oregon did play #7 Michigan State this year and beat them badly...just who in the SEC played a top ranked non-conference team this year. nearly every non-conference team that played against a SEC team were home games. The fact is the SEC rarely plays any games out side of the South.

Look at Oregon, the facilities there, the game style, the coaches all breed success for a program once considered dead.

Yes and Oregon did play #7 Michigan State this year and beat them badly...just who in the SEC played a top ranked non-conference team this year. nearly every non-conference team that played against a SEC team were home games. The fact is the SEC rarely plays any games out side of the South.

Not playing outside the south is an issue now? lol

Alabama played VaTech (you know, the guys who beat Ohio State?)
Auburn played Kansas State (You know, the guys who beat Oklahoma and Texas? And aren't they playing in the conf. Championship game?)
LSU Beat Wisconsin (You know, the western division champs in the Big 10?)
Ole Miss beat Boise State
Georgia beat Clemson (You know, the team FSU had to go into overtime to beat?)
Florida played FSU

Seems to me that you need to look to see who the SEC teams played.

One of the things I laugh about when people talk about our cupcake teams is that you seem to think that is not the case with every major college football team. The difference is, we have to schedule them from outside. As an SEC western division school, Alabama doesn't have the luxury of calling a Cal State, Washington State and Oregon State (combined records of 7-20) our conference games.

When the conference championships are done, Alabama will have played 6 ranked teams.
Oregon will have played 4.
FSU will have played 2.
Ohio State will have played 2.

So your whining about out of conference teams and the weather are all ignoring the fact that WE played tough schedules. We just have them as conference games.

Yep..you listed 6 teams out of what 14. One of the games was a traditional rivalry game. I stick to my 'rarely' comment.

Alabama/VT in the south....
Auburn/K-St I will give that one as it falls in the rarely catogory
LSU/Wisc in the south and not a home and home series
Really? Boise State?
Georgia/Clemson in the south
Florida/FSU in the south and a traditional rivalry game.

I rest my case.

Nebraska hires former Bama player as head coach.

Not sure I like the hire, but he played under the Bear. That part I love

Mike Riley. Not a big name, but he's well respected. That record at Oregon St. is worrisome though

Yep..you listed 6 teams out of what 14. One of the games was a traditional rivalry game. I stick to my 'rarely' comment.

Really? Boise State?

I rest my case.

So first it was about nonconference games, and now it is about playing someone from outside the south? lmao So it is not the number of power teams on our schedule, but geography??? Seems like you are stretching for a reason to demean the SEC.

Since Nick Saban took over as head coach we have played WVa, Clemson, Penn State, Michigan, and VaTech. All but Penn State were played in a neutral location. The Penn State was a home/home series.

Your "rarely" is nonsense. Look at the SEC teams and the number of ranked teams they play. Then compare that to other conferences. If you want to be pissed off that other conferences don't have the number of ranked teams, I can understand that. But that is the only issue you have.

Whether the games are played in the south or not is irrelevant.

[/QUOTE]
I rest my case.

Exactly what case are you resting?

That only the SEC schedules cupcakes?

That the SEC is the conference of abusers and cheats?

That the SEC rarely schedule good nonconference teams?

That the SEC rarely plays teams from outside the south (and aside from old rivalries)?

So far you have bounced all over the place trying to demean and denigrate the SEC. Sadly for you, it doesn't change the fact that we have been the best college football conference for a good while.

As I said before, haters gotta hate.

That the SEC rarely plays teams from outside the south (and aside from old rivalries)?

You make my case very nicely...thank you.

OSU also wins idiot.

Both Bama and OSU have one loss this year.

Am I a pussy for wondering why the SEC dominates college football, or does it show I have half a brain?

Post OSU record against SEC in bowl play.

There is your answer.

Really? Boise State?

I rest my case.

So first it was about nonconference games, and now it is about playing someone from outside the south? lmao So it is not the number of power teams on our schedule, but geography??? Seems like you are stretching for a reason to demean the SEC.

Since Nick Saban took over as head coach we have played WVa, Clemson, Penn State, Michigan, and VaTech. All but Penn State were played in a neutral location. The Penn State was a home/home series.

Your "rarely" is nonsense. Look at the SEC teams and the number of ranked teams they play. Then compare that to other conferences. If you want to be pissed off that other conferences don't have the number of ranked teams, I can understand that. But that is the only issue you have.

They just could not STAND SEC domination of BCS, especially since four or five different schools won championships.

SEC will dominate four team playoffs, and eight team playoff which will come will often have three and four SEC teams.

LMAO!

Every team schedules cupcakes, that is why you changed your aim.
You made the accusation, but then moved away from the "abusers & cheats" nonsense.
The nonconference claim is bogus.
The "outside the south" claim was only made when the nonconference claim was shown to be ridiculous.

As I said, after the conference championships, Alabama will have played 6 ranked teams.
FSU will have played 2.

That explains everything about it. If you want to whine about people playing an easy schedule, talk to the ones who do.

Really? Boise State?

I rest my case.

They just could not STAND SEC domination of BCS, especially since four or five different schools won championships.

SEC will dominate four team playoffs, and eight team playoff which will come will often have three and four SEC teams.

And they knocked each other out of contention. Absolutely the best conference in college football.

LMAO!

You made the accusation, but then moved away from the "abusers & cheats" nonsense.
The "outside the south" claim was only made when the nonconference claim was shown to be ridiculous.

As I said, after the conference championships, Alabama will have played 6 ranked teams.
FSU will have played 2.

That explains everything about it. If you want to whine about people playing an easy schedule, talk to the ones who do.
Not to mention Nick Saban would never tolerate an asshole like Winston.

He'd have been booted long ago.

Les Miles did the same thing with Honey Badger, gone so fast I can't even remember his real name.

LMAO!

FSU will have played 2.

Not to mention Nick Saban would never tolerate an asshole like Winston.

He'd have been booted long ago.

Les Miles did the same thing with Honey Badger, gone so fast I can't even remember his real name.

That is a fact. We have a defensive lineman this year that Nick kicked off the team 2 years ago. The kid went and showed he had changed and came back to play for the best.

Mike Riley. Not a big name, but he's well respected. That record at Oregon St. is worrisome though

He took an Oregon St. team that hadn't had a winning season from 1971 and in 1998 Riley coached them to a 5-6 record, that feat alone got him a head coaching job with the Chargers, he came back after four years and took over with winning teams.

Oregon St. is a tough place to recruit. I think Riley will be missed. I don't think Nebraska will be kind to Riley.

He took an Oregon St. team that hadn't had a winning season from 1971 and in 1998 Riley coached them to a 5-6 record, that feat alone got him a head coaching job with the Chargers, he came back after four years and took over with winning teams.

Oregon St. is a tough place to recruit. I think Riley will be missed. I don't think Nebraska will be kind to Riley.

After reading more on the guy I'm actually starting to like him. I think he'll have tools here that he never dreamt of at OSU.

I'm actually kind of excited. ESPN did a poll of coaches a few years ago, the question was who was the most underrated coach in Div 1. He came in number 2.

AlabamaFootballClassicLogo.png
'
versus
_uofMO-tigers.jpg

Forum List

Back