ROLL TIDE!

Alabama should schedule more Western Carolina like teams to pad their record before the 'big' game. Wait they do....

The SEC the conference of abuser and cheats.

Alabama should schedule more Western Carolina like teams to pad their record before the 'big' game. Wait they do....

Like damn near every other team in this country does.

You know...I'll agree with this except for Arkansas...they left the Southwest Conference because it was full of cheaters (and Texans). The Razorbacks have never been on NCAA probation for cheating.

I haven't read any of the previous posts, but suddenly college football has peaked my interest with this new playoff system. TCU is now ranked #3. FSU will have to win 2 games to repeat. I might actually tune in this year over the holidays.

I'm a Cal and Stanford fan. Obviously, we're not going anywhere. Cal was just eliminated from bowl eligibility. I was rooting for Auburn to beat Bama last weekend.

At this point, all I can say is Go TCU

I haven't read any of the previous posts, but suddenly college football has peaked my interest with this new playoff system. TCU is now ranked #3. FSU will have to win 2 games to repeat. I might actually tune in this year over the holidays.

I'm a Cal and Stanford fan. Obviously, we're not going anywhere. Cal was just eliminated from bowl eligibility. I was rooting for Auburn to beat Bama last weekend.

At this point, all I can say is Go TCU

Cal has the best stadium to watch a game. With a view of the bay!

Alabama won the fuckin' SEC West.

Eat your heart out.

And I say that as an LSU fan.

Four SEC West teams, LSU, Bama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State could each win in the playoffs, had the conference not become so fratricidal.

SEC is KILLING itself with excellence and parity.

Like damn near every other team in this country does.

You know...I'll agree with this except for Arkansas...they left the Southwest Conference because it was full of cheaters (and Texans). The Razorbacks have never been on NCAA probation for cheating.
I said it when it was being considered, when the whiney ass Aggies find they cannot win in the SEC, they will destroy the SEC like they destroyed the SWC.

Admitting A&M to the SEC is the worst thing that ever happened to the conference.

You can save this for further reference.

I'm frankly sick of the entire SEC. I know FSU won it all last year but it does not seem like it.

FSU is terrible this year, Bama will take it all.......again.

No other team really has a snow balls chance. I've already tuned it all out.

Oh look. Antiquity comes back with more baseless accusations about cheating and whining about creampuffs on SEC schedules. lol Like there aren't creampuffs on anyone else's schedule. And of course, the only cheating in college football happens in the SEC. lmao Haters gotta hate.

Oh look. Antiquity comes back with more baseless accusations about cheating and whining about creampuffs on SEC schedules. lol Like there aren't creampuffs on anyone else's schedule. And of course, the only cheating in college football happens in the SEC. lmao Haters gotta hate.

Why do you think that the SEC has dominated college football for over a decade, minus last year perhaps?

Is there something in the water down there? Do they have superior genetics? What?

Why do you think that the SEC has dominated college football for over a decade, minus last year perhaps?

Is there something in the water down there? Do they have superior genetics? What?

The players in the SEC are not all southern. We recruit all over the nation.

First of all, I think the fanbase has something to do with it. Pro football teams are a relatively recent addition in the south, but college football has been a huge thing for decades.

Second, I think the money spent on coaches and facilities has paid off well.

First of all, I think the fanbase has something to do with it. Pro football teams are a relatively recent addition in the south, but college football has been a huge thing for decades.

I think a large part of it is simply location.

If you are the best player in the nation, do you want to go to sunny Florida where all the pretty girls are 24/7, or do you want to go to Michigan?

I don't buy the whole fan base idea. Like everything else in this world, it comes down to money. The SEC simply has a better way of making money and using it than other conferences. For this reason, they will continue to dominate the playoff picture until the NCAA does something to return parity to college football.

Look at Oregon, the facilities there, the game style, the coaches all breed success for a program once considered dead.

If you are the best player in the nation, do you want to go to sunny Florida where all the pretty girls are 24/7, or do you want to go to Michigan?

I don't buy the whole fan base idea. Like everything else in this world, it comes down to money. The SEC simply has a better way of making money and using it than other conferences. For this reason, they will continue to dominate the playoff picture until the NCAA does something to return parity to college football.

I think the fan base DOES have an effect. That is where much of the money comes from. When you can have 96k people show up for the spring practice game, it is noticed by media and the athletes. When you can sell out a 101k seat stadium, you make more money, get more tv coverage, and get more of the top athletes.

Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama's home field) seats 101,821 people (since 2010). The attendance record is 101,821. That record has been matched 29 times. We play 7 home games per year. So out of 35 home games, Alabama has sold it out (101,821) 29 times. That is a lot of revenue, exposure, and hype for recruits.

I think the fan base DOES have an effect. That is where much of the money comes from. When you can have 96k people show up for the spring practice game, it is noticed by media and the athletes. When you can sell out a 101k seat stadium, you make more money, get more tv coverage, and get more of the top athletes.

Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama's home field) seats 101,821 people (since 2010). The attendance record is 101,821. That record has been matched 29 times. We play 7 home games per year. So out of 35 home games, Alabama has sold it out (101,821) 29 times. That is a lot of revenue, exposure, and hype for recruits.

So does Ohio State. So what?

Do you know the bowl record Ohio State as against the SEC? It is 0-9. This dates back to the days of Woody Hayes.

Down the line, when the whole truth is told or Rapin' Jameous, FSU will forfeit that title.

I'm frankly sick of the entire SEC. I know FSU won it all last year but it does not seem like it.

FSU is terrible this year, Bama will take it all.......again.

No other team really has a snow balls chance. I've already tuned it all out.
Yeah, sucks to watch success, from the outside.

Forum List

Back