Roll Call

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Calling all Texas Posters.....please check in to let us know you are okay and survived Ike! :eusa_eh:

Care

Calling all Texas Posters.....please check in to let us know you are okay and survived Ike! :eusa_eh:

Care

Saturday, September 13, 7:51 am Austin,Texas

Cloudy

79°F
(26.1°C) Dewpoint:
Heat Index:
Humidity:
Wind:
71.1°F (21.7°C)
83°F (28.3°C)
76%
From NW @ 9 mph

was there a storm somewhere?

Saturday, September 13, 7:51 am Austin,Texas

Cloudy

79°F
(26.1°C) Dewpoint:
Heat Index:
Humidity:
Wind:
71.1°F (21.7°C)
83°F (28.3°C)
76%
From NW @ 9 mph

was there a storm somewhere?

Whew! Lucky for you Dillo!!! Glad all is A-Ok with you in Austin!

Heard 2 million are without power in houston area....? Any local news on the damage to oil refineries/storage facilities?

How are the people in Galveston that decided to stay, did the surge get them?

Care

Whew! Lucky for you Dillo!!! Glad all is A-Ok with you in Austin!

Heard 2 million are without power in houston area....? Any local news on the damage to oil refineries/storage facilities?

How are the people in Galveston that decided to stay, did the surge get them?

Care

gonna take awhile to do the damage assesment cause its still pretty nasty down there.
It's a little windy and cloudy here with a 30% chance of rain. no biggie
They did announce that Maine would be last on the list to get heating oil and gas

gonna take awhile to do the damage assesment cause its still pretty nasty down there.
It's a little windy and cloudy here with a 30% chance of rain. no biggie
They did announce that Maine would be last on the list to get heating oil and gas

hahahahaha! We are always last....no body gives a hoot about us, way up here....We get what we deserve for living here....according to most.

Corpus Christi TX 9:05am

83 F
Partly cloudy
BP 29.56^
Humidity 73%
Winds 20-25 (below normal)
Some mild low-land flooding from Ike's surge

We thank our good fortune and continue our concern for those is Ike's path.

83 F
Partly cloudy
BP 29.56^
Humidity 73%

I heard the was a drowning down there last night----someone got washed off a jetty ?

83 F
Partly cloudy
BP 29.56^
Humidity 73%

good to see all is ok 42!

I heard the was a drowning down there last night----someone got washed off a jetty ?

Sadly enough, that's true.

Three teens were walking on the jettys out on the island (Padre Island). The island is directly on the Gulf of Mexico which runs almost the length of south Texas coast. The waters off the gulf were churning at that time (late Friday night). The jettys were almost underwater with waves crashing against them. (What those kids were doing out there at that time is beyond me. The island was to have been evacuated.) Anyway, one kid was knock off the jetty by a wave, one kid and a good samaritan tried to help. Both were injured. The boy taken by the wave is still missing and presumed dead.

At that age, kids deemed themselves indestructable. I'm guessing that since things were so calm in Corpus, they decided to check out the island. It's a whole 'nuther world out there.

Sadly enough, that's true.

Three teens were walking on the jettys out on the island (Padre Island). The island is directly on the Gulf of Mexico which runs almost the length of south Texas coast. The waters off the gulf were churning at that time (late Friday night). The jettys were almost underwater with waves crashing against them. (What those kids were doing out there at that time is beyond me. The island was to have been evacuated.) Anyway, one kid was knock off the jetty by a wave, one kid and a good samaritan tried to help. Both were injured. The boy taken by the wave is still missing and presumed dead.

At that age, kids deemed themselves indestructable. I'm guessing that since things were so calm in Corpus, they decided to check out the island. It's a whole 'nuther world out there.

ya--I've fished off those jetties many a time. sad.

It's cloudy, 63, light wind up here in Amarillo......

Now, we just gotta wait for all the people who need a place to live. Our shelters, people and food bank are ready and waiting!

Now, we just gotta wait for all the people who need a place to live. Our shelters, people and food bank are ready and waiting!

yup--that's going to be the issue---do these folks have anything to go home to and how long will it before it's safe enough to return. My guess---A very long time for some !

Are y'all even going to get any rain? Our latest forecast is we'll be lucky to. We do have half the populations of Corpus, Victoria and Houston clogging our streets though.

We have two members I know of that live in or around Houston. Mattskramer and BrianH. My understanding though is if your power is from overhead, you have none. Only the underground power survived so it might be a while before we hear from them.

Are y'all even going to get any rain? Our latest forecast is we'll be lucky to. We do have half the populations of Corpus, Victoria and Houston clogging our streets though.

We have two members I know of that live in or around Houston. Mattskramer and BrianH. My understanding though is if your power is from overhead, you have none. Only the underground power survived so it might be a while before we hear from them.

whew! glad all's good with you gunny....

now for brian h and mattskramer to be ok...

Not a drop yet here----too bad--we need it.

whew! glad all's good with you gunny....

now for brian h and mattskramer to be ok...
I am watching CNN and they are saying that everyone on the
freighter that had to stay out at sea are all safe!
Texas official did say they have recieved 1000 distress calls and they are sending out the National Guard to check homes.

I'm kind of pissed. I moved everything I own that isn't nailed, glued or otherwise permanently attached to the ground into the garage for THIS? Now I have to move it back and we haven't had so much as a drop.:evil:

Hey, it's good exercise! Plus, it's an excuse to get rid of junk you don't need!

Glad everyone's safe.

Forum List

Back