Roll Call vote for HR3962...Ayes & Nays

Jake many people think the exact opposite when it comes to this vote, as it only passed by a margin of 2 votes it doesn't bode well for the "public option" in the Senate which is a WHOLE lot more conservative voting wise than the House. I would hardly call this vote in the house anything near a referendum for the "public option". While I do believe the Senate will eventually pass some form of healthcare, there are more than just a few dems. in the Senate that have expressed opposition to it. In fact the traditional Republican that Democrats look to in the Senate Olympia Snow won't be there for them if the bill contains a "public option" and has said as much. so I would not look for this bill to look anywhere near like it does now if the Senate brings one to the floor Harry Reid to the contrary. If the "public option" was such a no brainer in the Senate it would have been brought to the floor long ago, but it does not have the votes unless he uses the Reconciliation process and with that Reid knows he is falling on a political sword which many are not willing to do.

Well reasoned, Navy1960. However, that House caucus committed itself to support the Senate version that comes back to the House for reconciliation. And I have no doubt that the Senate majority leadership will the employ the 'nuclear' option if necessary to pass it, so right now they are massaging vulnerable or greed Republican senators. Health insurance will pass. The only question is the form.

I can take a blow, Missourian, and the far righties here are cream puffs, and cry when they head slapped and made to stand in the corner.

OK, fun aside, a few more GOP will come over when the Senate reconciliation bill comes back to the House. They are going to see what the the first voter got from the Dem leadership, and these GOP will want some pork as well.

Cream PUFFS until you are confronted directly...eh Jake? Again? Grow some GONADS.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/reputation.php?p=1703809

T, you don't have it what it takes.

Either discuss the argument, or keep getting head slapped into the corner.

Standing there whining, pouting, red-eyed, like a four-year old does does not do it for you, T. You and the others just don't have what it takes to be relevant if you simply whine.

Last edited:
T, you don't have it what it takes.

Either discuss the argument, or keep getting head slapped into the corner.

Standing there whining, pouting, red-eyed, like a four-year old does is not going to do it for you T. You and the others just don't have what it takes to be relevants.

you mention Whining every time you post Jake.....and yet you are the one Whining about the Whiners.....which makes you just as irrelevant...

(1) No, I post about whining very little.

(2) I don't whine. I headslap the crap out of the whiners.

I was happy and very surprised to see my Rep vote "No" on this, even though he did it for the wrong reasons.

My rep, a republican, voted no.

Interestingly enough, Kucinich also voted no. :eusa_think:

Yeah he's a different one, that Kucinich. He's the Ron Paul of the left :lol:

Even though I don't agree with him, good for him for sticking to his principles and having the balls to vote against his party.

I don't agree with either Paul or Kucinich, but I do admire their integrity.

Forum List

Back