Role Playing Games ...

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Or RPGs as many of us know them. Heard a few people mention they want some discussion may as well open up a thread for it and see.

So, what do you want to know, share, talk about the past, present, and future of RPGs. No one has all the answers (this topic being like all the others) so if you have a question or answer, just speak up.

Let me start off by saying this, no one answer is right or wrong on the subject, it's all opinion. With some exceptions (like the history of the games). Yes, we are dorks (some of us geeks or nerds as well but all dorks) in our own little ways, so those of you who just want to mudsling start your own thread in the Flame Zone, because most of us gamers have already heard them all.

Oh, and for those who don't know, RPG's have existed forever, just the books and groups are pretty new. Gary Gygax was not the first, D&D was not the first book published. So a bit of trivia, does anyone know which Role Playing Game was first published?

Or RPGs as many of us know them. Heard a few people mention they want some discussion may as well open up a thread for it and see.

So, what do you want to know, share, talk about the past, present, and future of RPGs. No one has all the answers (this topic being like all the others) so if you have a question or answer, just speak up.

Let me start off by saying this, no one answer is right or wrong on the subject, it's all opinion. With some exceptions (like the history of the games). Yes, we are dorks (some of us geeks or nerds as well but all dorks) in our own little ways, so those of you who just want to mudsling start your own thread in the Flame Zone, because most of us gamers have already heard them all.

Oh, and for those who don't know, RPG's have existed forever, just the books and groups are pretty new. Gary Gygax was not the first, D&D was not the first book published. So a bit of trivia, does anyone know which Role Playing Game was first published?

Okay, no pushing or taking cuts in line to get into this thread. :eusa_eh:

:lol:

As far as I know Gygax invented the genre, his first publication was "The Fantasy Game." If there was something before that, I wouldn't know what it was.

If we're talking video games, the first was Adventure for the Atari.

I give, what was the first role playing game published?

"Fantasy War Gaming" is the first one I know of to be in print first. If someone knows one older please post it. It was based on the gaming rules used in the early 60's but wasn't printed until 1970. I use to have a copy.

As far as I know Gygax invented the genre, his first publication was "The Fantasy Game." If there was something before that, I wouldn't know what it was.

If we're talking video games, the first was Adventure for the Atari.

The first video RPG I played was Wizardry on the Apple, though Zork is classified as RPG it's not a typical one.

I used to play Matt Dillon when I was about 5 and shoot bad guys all day.:eusa_angel:

Are you sure you don't mean someone else? I'm pretty sure Matt Dillion wasn't around in the time of the Crusades. :tongue:

My favorite role playing game is when I'm dressed as a Cheerleader and then I take my pom-poms and I...........

Wait, is this the wrong thread for that? :redface:

My favorite role playing game is when I'm dressed as a Cheerleader and then I take my pom-poms and I...........

Wait, is this the wrong thread for that? :redface:

Good thing David isn't around Echo. Otherwise he'd be drooling all over the place by now. :eusa_whistle:

LOL to the last THREE now.

Oh? Didn't like my post, huh?

Look here kittycat ... your thread was dead and sinking to the bottom before I was kind enough to resurrect it. Ungrateful wench.:eusa_eh:

:tongue: Sorry, I couldn't keep up with the quick posters ... notice the first edit, fine, make that four.

You are right, it didn't take off at all. *fizzle* went the thread. Oh well, can't win them all.

I am equally dangerous with a big fucking sword.:evil:

You know, that's not saying much. :eusa_whistle:

$Monkey%20Sword%20Fight.jpg

Obviously when you scrounged up that poor imitation of my avatar you forgot to arm yourself properly. I have TWO sickles, Mr I Didn't Bring Enough Knives to the Knife Fight.:eusa_eh:

Is that so? :eusa_eh:

Well I must say, real men only need one sickle. ;)

Besides, leave it to Gunny to bring sickles to a gun fight.

$gun.jpg

Forum List

Back