Roger Waters The Wall Concert

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Went to see Roger Waters "The Wall" concert last night a Wrigley Field.

I have to say, that even though this is an album I have been a fan of for 30+ years and have seen other performances of it, namely the 1990 Charity Concert, it was nothing compared to this.

The Projection technology on the Wall has always been a major part of the show, but the technology seems to have been perfected here, where a combination of computer graphics and live feed images of the band.

Waters also got a lot more political in this one. But from what I've heard, he's done that a lot in the last few years.

A side joke. As much as it shames me a life-long Chicago resident, this is the first time I've been to Wrigley in 50 years. So I was a little concerned about finding my way down there, and there were some scary moments. But I did ask a good friend of mine, a long-suffering and life-long Cubs fan, who joked, "Joe, It's not like you can miss it."

To which I respond, "Yet, Oddly, a World Series has never found its way there!" (Which turns out wasn't true, because they were in teh world Series in the 1940's.

a lot of views, no comments?

I'm really glad I went. I'm a life long fan of Pink Floyd and The Wall in particular (as you can tell from my Avatar) and I didn't get to see this show when Floyd did it back in the 1970's.

I thought that Waters, who has a reputation of not being a fan's musician, was incredibly gracious towards his audience during the show.

Much weed there?

Young people or mostly old people?

Good questions.

Oddly enough, not much weed at all. I was actually kind of surprised. There was the one or two obligatory "Bad Acid Trips", like the wall is really a concert you want to drop acide at.

It was a nice mixture of younger folks and older folks like myself. Errrr....ahhhh... I mean Old folks. Yeah. Old folks.

Forum List

Back