Roger Waters Refuses to be Another Brick in Israel’s Wall

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Posted by Haitham Sabbah on 20 April, 200613 CommentsThis item was filled under [ Breaking News, Good News, Israel, Music, Palestine, Peace ]
Why do I love Roger Waters? Why do I respect him more now…

Update: Roger Waters has moved his summer concert from Tel Aviv to the joint Jewish-Arab village of Neve Shalom.

PACBI April 18, 2006

Ramallah — Reiterating his opposition to the Israeli occupation and expressing his support for the Palestinian people in ?their struggle to be free,? the internationally renowned rock star Roger Waters has announced that he is relocating his Israel performance in recognition of the problematic nature of the previously planned Tel Aviv venue, particularly at a time when Israel is escalating its repression and apartheid designs to further dispossess, ghettoize and ultimately ethnically cleanse Palestinians from their homeland. The former member of Pink Floyd and the writer of its timeless song ?Another Brick in the Wall? called off his Tel Aviv gig, heeding an appeal by many Palestinian artists and cultural organizations and their supporters around the world who feared such a performance, particularly by a respected and progressive artist like Waters, would have given legitimacy to Israel?s colonial Wall, condemned as illegal by the International Court of Justice at The Hague in July 2004.

Supporting the Palestinian letter to Waters, a group of Israeli refuseniks (conscientious objectors to service in the occupation army) also appealed to Waters to either cancel the Tel Aviv show or dedicate it explicitly to the struggle against Israel?s military occupation.

Waters has been unswerving in his condemnation of Israel?s Wall, which he blames for inflicting poverty and devastation upon the Palestinians in the Occupied Territory. In his press statement announcing this telling change of venue, Waters writes: ?The suffering endured by the Palestinian people during the Israeli occupation of the last 40 years is unimaginable to us living in the west and I support them in their struggle to be free. I have moved the concert to Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salam as a gesture of solidarity with those voices of reason, both Palestinian and Israeli, that seek a non-violent route to a just peace.?

By calling off the Tel Aviv gig, Roger Waters has reconfirmed his commitment to freedom, equality and peace based on justice. Indeed, Waters?s moral compass has proven to be not only live but pointing in the right direction as well.

Reacting to the news, Palestinian civil society has warmly saluted Roger Waters for his courage and for his valuable contribution to bringing down all walls of oppression and subjugation, Israel?s Wall of shame included.

The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) : PACBI - Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel * Email: [email protected]

Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel

Last edited:
Posted by Haitham Sabbah on 20 April, 200613 CommentsThis item was filled under [ Breaking News, Good News, Israel, Music, Palestine, Peace ]
Why do I love Roger Waters? Why do I respect him more now…

Update: Roger Waters has moved his summer concert from Tel Aviv to the joint Jewish-Arab village of Neve Shalom.

PACBI April 18, 2006

Ramallah — Reiterating his opposition to the Israeli occupation and expressing his support for the Palestinian people in ?their struggle to be free,? the internationally renowned rock star Roger Waters has announced that he is relocating his Israel performance in recognition of the problematic nature of the previously planned Tel Aviv venue, particularly at a time when Israel is escalating its repression and apartheid designs to further dispossess, ghettoize and ultimately ethnically cleanse Palestinians from their homeland. The former member of Pink Floyd and the writer of its timeless song ?Another Brick in the Wall? called off his Tel Aviv gig, heeding an appeal by many Palestinian artists and cultural organizations and their supporters around the world who feared such a performance, particularly by a respected and progressive artist like Waters, would have given legitimacy to Israel?s colonial Wall, condemned as illegal by the International Court of Justice at The Hague in July 2004.

Supporting the Palestinian letter to Waters, a group of Israeli refuseniks (conscientious objectors to service in the occupation army) also appealed to Waters to either cancel the Tel Aviv show or dedicate it explicitly to the struggle against Israel?s military occupation.

Waters has been unswerving in his condemnation of Israel?s Wall, which he blames for inflicting poverty and devastation upon the Palestinians in the Occupied Territory. In his press statement announcing this telling change of venue, Waters writes: ?The suffering endured by the Palestinian people during the Israeli occupation of the last 40 years is unimaginable to us living in the west and I support them in their struggle to be free. I have moved the concert to Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salam as a gesture of solidarity with those voices of reason, both Palestinian and Israeli, that seek a non-violent route to a just peace.?

By calling off the Tel Aviv gig, Roger Waters has reconfirmed his commitment to freedom, equality and peace based on justice. Indeed, Waters?s moral compass has proven to be not only live but pointing in the right direction as well.

Reacting to the news, Palestinian civil society has warmly saluted Roger Waters for his courage and for his valuable contribution to bringing down all walls of oppression and subjugation, Israel?s Wall of shame included.

The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) : PACBI - Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel * Email: [email protected]

Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel

Y'know, back in the day of long hair and smokin' weed, Pink Floyd was one of my favorite groups. I STILL like their older "albums."

Roger Waters is an egomaniacal idiot who not only thinks his shit doesn't stink, but apparently, based on his political reasoning, also doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Oh i dunno.. I'd say his stand against israel is on par with boycotting South Africa in the 80s.

Oh i dunno.. I'd say his stand against israel is on par with boycotting South Africa in the 80s.

Probably why their popularity waned in the late 80s. I listen to music to be entertained. If I want to be educated on politics, I'll find something political.

I had the same bitch with the Dixie Chicks. I liked their music. They voiced their political opinions and they screwed themselves. They STILL get no air around here and nobody buys their stuff, and this is home turf for them.

If I pay to hear you play and sing, if you want my money, better stick to it.

i dont know if i'd say they screwed themselves at all. They are still three wildly talented gals who are still more popular that the RIGHT BROTHERS...

As far as the floyd.. well, by the 80s they were done anyway. Where else can a band go after giving us DSOTM and The Wall? I don't think their music was particularly political... Hell, if anything Money is a capitalists wet dream soundtrack. But I am glad to see Waters take a consistent stance as when it was posh to boycott south africa.

I think the beginning of the article is purely the interpretation of the "Palestinian" writer:
Reiterating his opposition to the Israeli occupation and expressing his support for the Palestinian people in ?their struggle to be free,? ...

"Reiterating his opposition to occupation"?
"Their struggle to be free"?

That's how the "Palestinian" writer sees it... or would like to portray it for everyone else reading, to make it look like the rock legend has chosen a side.

I donno if you know this, but Pink Floyd have sampled Israeli movies for their songs back in the 60s/70s. And when one of the Pink Floyders came last year (or was it 2 years ago?) to the walled part of the separation fence, he wrote a very vague graffiti on it "no to mind control" or something like that, which was in my opinion a very deliberate attempt not to take sides.

I know the "Palestinians" desperately want world recognition of their genocidal wishes, but Waters would have to be more specific if he really is pro "Palestine".

Last edited:
I love how you put parentheses around the word "palestinian".. kinda like I can put them around "israeli democracy".. It's fun how that works, eh? It's a shame that palis can't just be carted off and burned in piles, right buddy? I mean, hell.. If South Africa can have it's WHITE nation then... oh wait....

:lol:

Like I said.. good for Roger Waters. Gilmour is a cash hungry walk on anyway.

Hey.. you decided to use them as if Palis have no legitimacy. Indeed, maybe you should point out the perspective of SOMEONE ELSE's writing while wearing your own like a badge...

The only legitimacy, in my eyes, that the "Palestinians" have is the fact that there are 7 million of them (give or take a few) and that they are a big f*cking problem, to put it mildly. But their demands are not legitimate in my eyes.

I think they should of given the Jewish people Utah if they thought it was such a good idea to steal some land and make a homeland..they probably would of got along better with Mormons and we wouldn't need to be talking about this now

Last edited:
The only legitimacy, in my eyes, that the "Palestinians" have is the fact that there are 7 million of them (give or take a few) and that they are a big f*cking problem, to put it mildly. But their demands are not legitimate in my eyes.

Hey.. the german's and south african's had THEIR big fucking problems too, eh? Of course they are not legitimate in your eyes. Of COURSE. I mean.. who ELSE could possibly be an expert on legitimacy like a zionist?

Face it. Israel is no more a western democracy than was South Africa's apartheid state. If there were not so many dogma junkies still waiting for the return of christ israel, and it's zionism, would be held to the same standard as the rest of the world. Enjoy having become what you hated about germans circa 1945.

Hey.. the german's and south african's had THEIR big fucking problems too, eh? Of course they are not legitimate in your eyes. Of COURSE. I mean.. who ELSE could possibly be an expert on legitimacy like a zionist?

Face it. Israel is no more a western democracy than was South Africa's apartheid state. If there were not so many dogma junkies still waiting for the return of christ israel, and it's zionism, would be held to the same standard as the rest of the world. Enjoy having become what you hated about germans circa 1945.

You are being intellectually lazy (and very inaccurate too) when invoking the Nazis. You've done that in pretty much all your responses to my posts.

As for South African apartheid, the day that Israel starts acting like South Africa is the day that Israel dies internally.

You are being intellectually lazy (and very inaccurate too) when invoking the Nazis. You've done that in pretty much all your responses to my posts.

As for South African apartheid, the day that Israel starts acting like South Africa is the day that Israel dies internally.

Your accusations, in light of the valid comparison to your apathy towards marginalized peoples and lack of criticism to a pet nation, mean very little to me.

And, truly, the day bandwagon zionist actually come to see israel as anything even remotely comparable to a goyim nation is the day hell will freeze over. It's already been acting like south africa. You, much like white Afrikaners, just choose not to care.

I think it is the Arab nations who behave like the white South Africans of the 80s. They're the ones who keep "Palestinians" in ghettos (so-called refugee camps), don't let them own property, get jobs, etc... their justification is that if they let "Palestinians" get "comfortable", they'll lose their fighting spirit and will stop trying to destroy Israel.

But the Arabs that live in Israel, i.e. Israeli Arabs (Druze, Bedouin, etc.), not "Palestinian" Arabs, have more rights and higher living standard in Israel than their "free" bretheren have in any of the Arab countries.

I think it is the Arab nations who behave like the white South Africans of the 80s. They're the ones who keep "Palestinians" in ghettos (so-called refugee camps), don't let them own property, get jobs, etc... their justification is that if they let "Palestinians" get "comfortable", they'll lose their fighting spirit and will stop trying to destroy Israel.

But the Arabs that live in Israel, i.e. Israeli Arabs (Druze, Bedouin, etc.), not "Palestinian" Arabs, have more rights and higher living standard in Israel than their "free" bretheren have in any of the Arab countries.

HA!

yea! It's fucking SYRIA that carved out a fucking jewish state in the location that was ONCE palestine! Good job! When in doubt, blame a muslim!

:clap2:

Hey, American slaves had it better than living in the fucking jungle too, right, buddy?

:thup:

hey, I KNOW.. let's cry like bitches when white people insist on a caucasian nation... but, when jews do it we'll look for every excuse in the book to rationalize the wholesale marginalization of palis.. Good job, dude!

Forum List

Back