ROFL! Obama Touts "Green Energy" in SOTU. Another Green Energy Co goes Bankrupt!

Throwing taxpayer money away on failed businesses should make everyone mad. Why is the left OK with dollar after dollar being flushed down the tube. If the technology is viable, it will make it on it's own......if it's not why is it the taxpayer's responsibility to fund projects doomed to fail.

Private money + private investors = new technology..............it's not the Government's job.

Then why is that a country like China is winning the battle for the manufacture of green energy products

through massive government subsidies?
CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP goods that suckers as us buy into...

moron

Hey..."Private money + private investors = new technology..............it's not the Government's job" people...

Who paid for most of the research into our Natural Gas resources and the technology to extract it? Oh... that's right... Us taxpayers.

Green Energy: Uncle Sam Needs to Spend More, Not Less - TIME

Note that while $66B was used for the R&D for renewable energy....$409B was used to Subsidize conventional energy sources.

So basically... STFU about things you have no fucking clue about that isn't told to you by your AM Radio boys.

Throwing taxpayer money away on failed businesses should make everyone mad. Why is the left OK with dollar after dollar being flushed down the tube. If the technology is viable, it will make it on it's own......if it's not why is it the taxpayer's responsibility to fund projects doomed to fail.

Private money + private investors = new technology..............it's not the Government's job.

Then why is that a country like China is winning the battle for the manufacture of green energy products

I think the answer has been provided. :)

No it hasn't.

Why don't YOU answer the question.

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP goods that suckers as us buy into...

moron

What?! :lol::lol:

Anyone have any idea what Mr. T's random list of words means? If anything?

I think the answer has been provided. :)

No it hasn't.

Why don't YOU answer the question.

I will answer it dickhead.... because some fucking American president keeps giving his buddies in the solar energy business taxpayer money to buy China's bullshit products to build their stupid solar energy companies, just so we the ones who foot the bill can bitch about it on USMB.

There is that better?

Oh yeah, and idiots like you think solar energy is a viable technology.

Yep... those are YOUR views :asshole:

LOL, they think it's good that China is providing inferior products. They don't care what they put out there, someone in America will buy it, especially the US government so it can give money to solar companies that are doomed to fail.

So I guess you're alright with giving companies money, as long as they fail. Heaven forbid they make a profit...........then they are greedy and bad, bad, bad.

Yea, China has it right I guess. The lefties think so. Just let me know when you buy a solar heating system from China, let's see how well it works. Guess what, none of them last long and what the H*ll are we going to do with all those used panels?? Put them in the landfills along with the CFLs with all the mercury???

Lefties have a huge problem thinking things through, all they care about is themselves, right now, today. Who gives crap about the grandkids??

Last edited:
LOL, they think it's good that China is providing inferior products. They don't care what they put out there, someone in America will buy it, especially the US government so it can give money to solar companies that are doomed to fail.

So I guess you're alright with giving companies money, as long a they fail. Heaven forbid they make a profit...........then they are greedy and bad, bad, bad.

Yea, China has it right I guess. The lefties think so. Just let me know when you buy a solar heating system from China, let's see how well it works. Guess what, none of them last long and what the H*ll are we going to do with all those used panels?? Put them in the landfills along with the CFLs with all the mercury???

Lefties have a huge problem thinking things through, all they care about is themselves, right now, today. Who gives crap about the grandkids??

Here is your answer...
. :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OwIo05nsNA]Solyndra caught destroying it's own parts - YouTube[/ame]

After months of financial turmoil, an Energy Department-backed lithium ion battery company has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The company, Ener1, received a $118 million grant from DOE in 2010 as part of the president’s stimulus package. The money, which went to Ener1 subsidiary EnerDel, aimed to promote renewable energy storage battery technology for electrical grid use.

But despite generous federal support for the company, Ener1 was racked by problems last year. In October, NASDAQ delisted the company due to non-compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission filing requirements. A month later, the company’s president, chief executive, and top financial officer were fired.

Another Stimulus-Backed Energy Company Files for Bankruptcy

How's that HOPE AND CHANGE working for ya libs? Obama devoted a big part of his SOTU speech to "Green Energy," despite the fact they are all falling into financial ruin.

You know why? BECAUSE HE HASN'T ANY OTHER IDEAS! He shot the whole wad and it all FAILED MISERABLY.

So, in typical liberal fashion what does he do when everything fails?

Why, OF COURSE. Just double down on the whole mess and insist this time it will work.

That's what liberals always do and what Obama will triple down on if God has decided he's given up on us and Obama is elected again.

November's coming libs. You can't keep these failures out of the news.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We should back up a bit- to Obama's 2011 SOTU speech.

2011:

With more research and incentives, we can break our dependence on oil with biofuels, and become the first country to have a million electric vehicles on the road by 2015. (Applause.)

We need to get behind this innovation. And to help pay for it, I'm asking Congress to eliminate the billions in taxpayer dollars we currently give to oil companies. (Applause.) I don't know if -- I don't know if you've noticed, but they're doing just fine on their own. (Laughter.) So instead of subsidizing yesterday's energy, let's invest in tomorrow's.

Obama State Of The Union Speech 2011: FULL TEXT & VIDEO

2012:

We’ve subsidized oil companies for a century. That’s long enough. It’s time to end the taxpayer giveaways to an industry that rarely has been more profitable, and double-down on a clean energy industry that never has been more promising. Pass clean energy tax credits. Create these jobs.

State of the Union 2012: Full Text | News | National Post

Recurring themes that use lies and half-truths that preface his call for "clean energy".

Bottom line- Obama is banking his $90 billion tax penalty provisions on hydrocarbons that are currently in his yet-to-be passed budget in order to deliver the goods to "clean energy".

This is his plan: throw other people's money after governmentally ill-conceived technology and marketing.

This is pure Carter. But it doesn't matter to Obama that Carter failed in the same vein.
He's stepping it up to the next level- of failure. And on a larger scale- of failure.

Our country is entering a new era with respect to oil and natural gas. International markets are shifting. New opportunities are presenting themselves regarding the NET export of domestic commodities.

We have two paths from which to choose: bleed capital from successful economic endeavors in order to fund repetititvely falling frontier technologies, or...

Nurture those successful ecomomic endeavors so they may spur job growth, commercial prosperity, revenue generation, existing tax consequences that flow to treasuries, the generation of exports, the reduction in the balance of trade, and the establishment of international markets the like of which we have not seen in decades.

Democrats are quick and stupid.
Republicans are slow and smart.

Slow down- question this President. Challenge him and call him to question. Reference the failures of his kindrid predecessors.

But first and formost- think for yourselves. WWYD... what would you do?

Forum List

Back