Roethlisberger Admits It Wasn't A Touchdown

GotZoom said:
Benny Boy should have kept his mouth shut about the questionable TD.

You know...showed a little class.
Oh please. All he was saying is that he hadn't originally thought he had gotten in and was already planning to go for it on 4th down. That's not classless in the slighest. He didn't say "I knew I didn't get in, I know they gave us a free touchdown"

GotZoom said:
Benny Boy should have kept his mouth shut about the questionable TD.

You know...showed a little class.

You've got to be the biggest whiner. He said he was unsure if he scored or not, and that's what he said he told Cowher as well. How is that classless? Get a grip, man, your team lost. Why don't you guys speak of this stuff for a little while instead of ranting about conspiracies.

- Strong safety Michael Boulware whiffed on a clean shot at running back Willie Parker on Parker's record-setting 75-yard TD run.

- Kicker Josh Brown missed 50- and 54-yard field goal attempts (accuracy rather than distance was the issue in both instances).

- Stevens repeatedly dropped critical passes.

- The Seahawks' vaunted offensive line lost the battle of the trenches.

- Punter Tom Rouen (and cornerback Jordan Babineaux) couldn't pin the Steelers deep once.

- Fullback Mack Strong (on a third-and-3 reception) and wide receiver Darrell Jackson (trying to get his feet in bounds) were too often more nonchalant than possessed in their efforts.

- The Seahawks' defense got suckered on a 43-yard gadget for a TD.

jimnyc said:
You've got to be the biggest whiner. He said he was unsure if he scored or not, and that's what he said he told Cowher as well. How is that classless? Get a grip, man, your team lost. Why don't you guys speak of this stuff for a little while instead of ranting about conspiracies.

- Strong safety Michael Boulware whiffed on a clean shot at running back Willie Parker on Parker's record-setting 75-yard TD run.

- Kicker Josh Brown missed 50- and 54-yard field goal attempts (accuracy rather than distance was the issue in both instances).

- Punter Tom Rouen (and cornerback Jordan Babineaux) couldn't pin the Steelers deep once.

- Fullback Mack Strong (on a third-and-3 reception) and wide receiver Darrell Jackson (trying to get his feet in bounds) were too often more nonchalant than possessed in their efforts.

Don't forget terrible clock management at the end of both halves, including receivers inexplicably failing to run out of bounds.

Not necessarily whining. I hate that the game was officiated in the way that it was.

The biggest game of the year should be called correctly. The officiating should be above question and reproach. Simple, stupid mistakes should not happen at this level of competition.

I'm not speaking just as a fan. I come from over 30 years experience with soccer - playing, coaching and officiating. I have coached and played up to the college level, and overseas in Italy with semi-professional teams. I also officiated professional and semi-professional soccer overseas and in the United States as a Class 1 referee with the USSF.

Everyone wants to see the players play. No one wants to see the game taken out of the players hands (or feet..ha ha) by bad officiating.

Every sport has had their controversy...Soccer - Maradona Hand of God in the 1986 World Cup Quarterfinal match..etc...

All I am saying is that there will always be a "cloud" over this game. Just as the other play off games that had questionable calls.

The fans and players deserve the officiating to be at the same level of the competition.

And as to my "Benny" remark - yes, he knows there is controversy. He should have simple made no comment. Why stoke the fire? He could have easily said, "I don't know if I was in..I'm glad the officials called it the way they did of course. But even if they had said it wasn't a TD, we would have scored on the same play."

The ClayTaurus said:
Don't forget terrible clock management at the end of both halves, including receivers inexplicably failing to run out of bounds.
Ahhhhh, a fixed game. Good one! How much did the hawk players make off that, anyway? More than the ref's I BET! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mr. P said:
Ahhhhh, a fixed game. Good one! How much did the hawk players make off that, anyway? More than the ref's I BET! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That would actually explain a lot. I was so confused after receivers cut in after getting the ball running out routes.

jimnyc said:

Continued:

- One Touchdown called back due to a ticky-tack call
- One nearly-sure called back due to a completely fake 'hold' by a Seahawk of a Steeler who was offsides to begin with
- A 'chop block' which was actually a 'tackle'.

;)

That's 14 points + the 7 the Steelers scored on the trick play.

:)

Jim - I really DO like the steelers; this isn't about the steelers, it's about those three calls which changed the outcome of the game. Seattle played well enough to overcome the mistakes/miscues you mentioned. The Officiating would not let them. I'm saying the officiating was ONE contributing factor to the loss - and officiating should NEVER be a factor.

Go Steelers.

GotZoom said:
Not necessarily whining. I hate that the game was officiated in the way that it was.

The biggest game of the year should be called correctly. The officiating should be above question and reproach. Simple, stupid mistakes should not happen at this level of competition.

I'm not speaking just as a fan. I come from over 30 years experience with soccer - playing, coaching and officiating. I have coached and played up to the college level, and overseas in Italy with semi-professional teams. I also officiated professional and semi-professional soccer overseas and in the United States as a Class 1 referee with the USSF.

Everyone wants to see the players play. No one wants to see the game taken out of the players hands (or feet..ha ha) by bad officiating.

Every sport has had their controversy...Soccer - Maradona Hand of God in the 1986 World Cup Quarterfinal match..etc...

All I am saying is that there will always be a "cloud" over this game. Just as the other play off games that had questionable calls.

The fans and players deserve the officiating to be at the same level of the competition.

And as to my "Benny" remark - yes, he knows there is controversy. He should have simple made no comment. Why stoke the fire? He could have easily said, "I don't know if I was in..I'm glad the officials called it the way they did of course. But even if they had said it wasn't a TD, we would have scored on the same play."

Uh...is scoccer a sport? Weird.

Forum List

Back