ROE in a war?

Praise the Lord for that!! :eusa_pray:

I know. Much better that our people should die because lily livers refuse to protect our fighting men and women, or allow them to protect themselves.

You must be very proud of yourself.

And to think that people like you qualify for a gun permit.:cuckoo:

you have not read "lone survivor" i take it. I would praise whatever you praise for the men/women fighting and dying so you can sit on your ass on a computer and run your mouth.

And what does a gun permit have to do with this thread. Stay on topic.

see the prior post about the geneva convention and the ROE.

Yes, that post was made by me. What about it? Having served two tours in Afghanistan already and shortly to depart for my third, I think I am in a position to know somewhat more than you when it comes to combat and ROE.

If you have any snide comments to make, make them directly to me, rather than as an aside to another poster!

And I'm not sure what the comment about "thank god" I'm not special forces means or has to do with the topic, either.

But I'll just let it pass. I'm too tired to care much.

Yes, that post was made by me. What about it? Having served two tours in Afghanistan already and shortly to depart for my third, I think I am in a position to know somewhat more than you when it comes to combat and ROE.

If you have any snide comments to make, make them directly to me, rather than as an aside to another poster!

Bootneck: that post was not to you...it was to Anquille. I was telling anquille to see your post. I am sorry I was not clearer about that.
I am sorry I have offended you by not being clearer.

I assure you I do not make snide comments as asides. If I have something to say to you, I will.

Again, all I can do is say I am sorry.

Strolling Bones, My apologies for jumping the gun. Put it down to a hard day and too many relaxing alcoholic potions.

Thanks for putting me right.

you have not read "lone survivor" i take it. I would praise whatever you praise for the men/women fighting and dying so you can sit on your ass on a computer and run your mouth.

that was also directed at anquille. No misunderstanding there.

no worries..misunderstandings are common on messageboards. I was posting from work and if you look at the comment I made to anquille...about how nice it is to sit on your ass and be

What???

And you're not sitting on your ass and running your mouth???

:disbelief:

Last edited:
I heard an interview with the guy who wrote that book. It was an incredible interview. He's smart, articulate, has suffered great loss, and puts the blush to any POS who has said our military are incompetent buffoons.

There are things about war that cannot be regulated. For example, he said that when you walked down the street, you could TELL who the terrorists were by the way they looked at you. I believe him, but you know about how well that goes over with the left.

I can believe that point about knowing who the terrorists were on an intuitive level. I don't know what training they receive in how to articulate that intuition and present it in front of a tribunal or a court but I would think that if it were developed and enlarged upon that in the event of a charge against an individual that it could be a strong supporting factor for the defence.

What???

And you're not sitting on your ass and running your mouth???

:disbelief:

yes but I am running my mouth on topic and about something i know about ....while you have not read this book nor do you show any real interest in the topic or staying on topic

yes but I am running my mouth on topic and about something i know about ....while you have not read this book nor do you show any real interest in the topic or staying on topic

How is it off topic to question a person's ability to know another person is a terrorist just by looking at them?
Some people on this board think that anyone with Middle Eastern features or who prays to Allah is automatically a terrorist. It's not unreasonable to be concerned that young naive soldiers in a war zone with guns in their hands might fire at innocents simply because someone gave them the evil eye or looked scary to them. It happens.

I know it is beyond the comprehension of some but trust me YOU KNOW. From the way they aren't just looking at you but counting soldiers looking to see if your humvee is uparmored testing you by standing in the road to see if you will go through or around them. Teasing you bringing their ak up then down never directly pointing it at you. The way the innocents side step him because they most likely have already been threatened. Trust me YOU KNOW.

I know it is beyond the comprehension of some but trust me YOU KNOW. From the way they aren't just looking at you but counting soldiers looking to see if your humvee is uparmored testing you by standing in the road to see if you will go through or around them. Teasing you bringing their ak up then down never directly pointing it at you. The way the innocents side step him because they most likely have already been threatened. Trust me YOU KNOW.

Sounds like good clues to a person's feelings towards an occupying army and certainly things to be taken into consideration. But truly, no one is a mind reader, and innocents have already been killed. A soldier has to try to be as aware as possible and make snap judgments all the while trying not to be overcome by paranoia. To send our troops into a situation like this was a mistake. All so some moron could try to prove to Daddy that he could win a war his papa hadn't finished.

Yes innocents die but thats rarely from US small arms fire. We are accurate and know exactly who is the target and believe me even without the current ROE US soldiers would not go into the country with a kill them all mentality; it would be a kill who needs to be killed and stop making the army do investigations on terrorists before we can capture them.

Forum List

Back